Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

benq pb6110 dlp input question (specs inside)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr aize

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: benq pb6110 dlp input question (specs inside) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello all. As the title says, i've got a benq pb6110 dlp projector http://www.aboutprojectors.com/pdf/benq-pb6110-manual.pdf I'm trying to play a home made arcade machine through it. It's a Neo Geo motherboard from an arcade, wired through a supergun (wiring loom) to output using a scart socket. The signal is a 15khs rgbs which is unrecognisable by the projector so I was wondering if anyone would know of a converter that would convert the signal to one it could use. (Prefferably one which isn't astronomically expensive) Failing that, just an explanation or exactly what inputs it does understand would be appreciated. Clearly states it takes rgb, but apparently that's rgb component and not rgbs. (Obviously a little new to all this)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15KHz is to low a signal for the RGB inputs.

You're going to need a RGBS to CVBS ( composite ) converter so you can use the yellow input on the projector.

Or the more expensive way would be to get a linedoubler and upscale to 31KHz so you could use the RGB input

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
mr aize

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, cheers mate. Think I may go the line doubler route, just from a picture quality point of view..
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that would be better. Keep in mind you'll need one that can take an RGBS signal and output RGBHV. I can't honestly think of any off the top of my head. Most line doublers have CVBS, S-video and some YCbCr 480i/576i component inputs.

You may have to go to a full blown video processor to do what you need.

CRT.

HD done right!
mr aize

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate. One more question though, any idea what the 'pc' input signal is cos it says it accepts one and I have had my laptop play through it with no problems.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC input signal IS RGB AKA RGBHV and sometimes called VGA ( although VGA is a connector type and is opten used for YPbPr/component ) as well.

Have a read here: http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm

RGB and YPbPr are NOT the same signal type though.

CRT.

HD done right!
mr aize

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, so http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RGBs-EGA-CGA-YUV-15K-2-VGA-31K-Signal-Converter-PCB-/190503837370?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2c5ae9deba Do you think this should do the trick? I've emailed the seller to ask as well but no reply as yet. Much appreciate all the help.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr aize wrote:
Cheers mate, so http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RGBs-EGA-CGA-YUV-15K-2-VGA-31K-Signal-Converter-PCB-/190503837370?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2c5ae9deba Do you think this should do the trick? I've emailed the seller to ask as well but no reply as yet. Much appreciate all the help.

That looks like just the ticket. It has 800x600 output that will match your projectors native resolution.

Neat little box. Hope the quality is OK. Let us know how it turns out.

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: