Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: 3D-Gamer (DISCONTINUED)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
To the best of our knowledge, US based PS3 can't output in 720p100Hz.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: viewsonic pjd6531w Reply with quote

viewsonic pjd6531w will work 3d gamer?
jonathan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewsonic PJD6531 is a DLP projector and supports vertical frequency of 120Hz. Therefore, it should work with the Gamer.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just placed my order on 3D-Gamer + 1 set of DLP Link and received an automated email from Paypal. Will I received separate mail confirmation from VIP or from curtpalme.com?
zaytserr

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I must be missing something here, but why is this product being advertised as being able to be used with any DLP projector to display 3D? When in fact you need a projector that supports 120 hz. Seems like false advertising. I don't mean to offend or come off as rude, but I got excited about the product and the possibility of not having to buy a new projector, until I read the requirements neccessary for 3D to work. Kind of dissapointing.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja wrote:
Hi,

Just placed my order on 3D-Gamer + 1 set of DLP Link and received an automated email from Paypal. Will I received separate mail confirmation from VIP or from curtpalme.com?

Your order ships directly from the manufacturer at our special CurtPalme.com discounted price so they'll be sending you the shipment notice once it ships.

zaytserr wrote:
Ok, I must be missing something here, but why is this product being advertised as being able to be used with any DLP projector to display 3D? When in fact you need a projector that supports 120 hz. Seems like false advertising. I don't mean to offend or come off as rude, but I got excited about the product and the possibility of not having to buy a new projector, until I read the requirements neccessary for 3D to work. Kind of dissapointing.

You make a valid point. I wrote the content and made up a bunch of logos and banner ads back when it was thought it would work on *any* DLP TV or projector. That's not true as you've seen. It works on most as most support 100 or 120Hz. I've changed all the banner graphics and text on various pages to remove that. We don't intentionally mean to mislead. Sorry about that!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
zaytserr

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Kal, I just wantd to make sure. I am actually more interested in a dual pj set up, but as everyone knows, the price goes up when going that route, so when I seen the banners for this device I had to see what was up.
Cube

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of a nightmare is it to converge two projectors?
zaytserr

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fella on the AVSforum under the $3000 + Display section who is using 2 JVC RS40 3D projectors in conjunction with two Optoma 3D-XL processors in order to use Real D glasses instead of the active shutter system. He has good luck so far, but is trying different screens materials to reduce ghosting and wants to use circular polarizing lenses. Not sure why he decided to use actual 3D projectors for this project as they aren't needed. The thread is called the Ultimate 3D projection system or something like that. You can't miss it.

Last edited by zaytserr on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cube

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah, I heard you need a silver screen to get the polarization to work. He's probably using RS40s just because they're nice projectors, 3D or not. You could definitely use something cheaper though.
zaytserr

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nice to spend money willy nilly on two top of the line 3D pj's let alone just one lol.
defiancecp

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a polarized dual projector setup for a while (though just using htpc, and using cheap 720p projectors). The alignment is very rough to get just right, but luckily just right isn't really required for 3d. With my old setup it wouldn't begin looking odd until you were off by at lest 5 or 6 pixels, and getting it that close was actually pretty easy even without lens shift (though I did have to use keystone correction because of no lens shift). So, I'd bet if you do have lens shift, alignment to 'close enough for 3d' specs should be minimal difficulty, but if you want overlayed 2d images (for improved brightness in 2d mode), it's a lot more difficult, since 1-2 pixel offset would become completely noticeable.
corvette99c5

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killzone 3d plus 3d gamer equals bad to the bones

running a viewsonic pjd6531w

WORKS PERFECTLY

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well
received my 3d gamer from VIP on Saturday and promptly hooked it up. I could not place it after my receiver Onkyo sr-607 as the PS3 does not recognize it. I have hdmi passthrough on and 3d thru my HTPC passes through no problem. So I had to hook it up in between my ps3 and the receiver. This works for the picture, however I no longer get 7.1 sound or LPCM, I had to set the audio out on the PS3 to DTS and DD5.1 to get the front channel sound.

I wish it would just pass the audio through as is. For some reason it is eliminating the 7.1 sound. This is fine for Killzone 3 as it is only DD, but for VUDU I can no longer choose HDX as I do not receive the front center channel and if I want to play a Blu Ray I will have to eliminate the VIP in the middle to get the full sound. This will be a pain to switch the HDMI around and reset the audio.

Is there something in the gamer product limiting the audio passthrough? Will your upgraded products be able to have 7.1 sound?
I double checked everything and actually if I have the ps3 auto detect audio it only comes up with LPCM 2 channel audio I have to manually add the 5.1.
bubbaba

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually never mind about my post right above, I may have fixed the issue. I let the gamer be recognized by the ps3 with a direct connection and set the video options, I then moved the gamer to after the receiver without changing the video settings and redid audio for the 7.1. I now have 3d going and the sound correct.

So far so good and Killzone 3 in 3d takes some getting used to but really pops out at you.
bubbaba

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new problem cropped up now with the vip gamer after the reciever output. My HTPC with a hd6850 card will now only recognize 60hz. I cannot get it to go back to 120hz without taking the gamer out of the line. I need it to be 120hz for the 3d blu ray. I am running to an hd66.

anyway to force it to 120hz? Does the gamer device expect a 60hz signal and give off this to the HTPC?
Cube

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought some games/Blu-ray on PS3 can only output 5.1 audio when you're in 3D mode because of the bandwidth usage. Not sure about that.

On your PC, try using a custom EDID to enable 120 Hz, or set the option in Catalyst Control Center to ignore EDID and force 120 Hz mode.
defiancecp

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the edid to force 120hz should work, but it has disadvantages - as you are right now, your htpc sees an hdmi 1.4 display, so will send frame packed video. This is good because if you have an hdmi 1.4 receiver, you can send lossless hd audio along the same signal cable using 2d or 3d, no need to swap or use another audio cable. In your case, your receiver doesn't support hdmi 1.4, so that doesn't help, and forcing to 120 doesn't really lose anything - but if you've got 1.4 support on the receiver you're probably better off using the frame packing.

As a note, when you do use frame packing, you won't see a 120hz option, just 60hz - when you do 3d it will send a 60hz frame packed signal, which the box will see as 3d and convert to 120hz. So not seeing 120hz at the PC is normal.

Incidentally, that may be where you ran into trouble - were you trying to go from the htpc -> receiver -> 3d-gamer -> projector? If so, the receiver may have had issues carrying the frame packed signal. Some receivers support 120hz without issue, though.
Ninja

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally tested 3D Gamer with my Optoma HD66 last night, and it was awesome. Tested MotorStorm Rift, Super Stardust, KILLZONE 3 and GT5. 3D is working flawlessly. Very Happy

If only I can access VUDU or Netflix from my PS3, it will be perfect but too bad I'm not in the US. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: