Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Just bought a RUNCO VX-2c light cannon

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wowchad

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Just bought a RUNCO VX-2c light cannon Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Since my wife is out of town we re-started construction on the HT. You know the beer drinking till 1:00am with good friends, banging and sawing without getting yelled at construction?

Well it's almost all fured out in 2x2's and I'm lying out wiring, screen distances etc. before we close it all up with drywall.
(I'm going to run sleeve/ tube mostly with some access panels)

Anyway a great deal on a VX-2c with a bad fan board landed in my lap last week. It didn't come with a DHD but I happened to have an older ViviX (PFP-11) lying around the shop so I going to see if its compatible.

I still need to call Runco with the serial number to see which lens it has but does anyone have any idea how far back I'll need to mount it to shoot a 12' diagonal screen?

I still may use my Vision 2 instead if the repair is way too much but I liked the idea of trying a 3-chip DLP digital projector.
In fact I'd love to mount both and see first hand the picture differences!

Chad

12-12-10 005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.15 KB
 Viewed:  5509 Time(s)

12-12-10 005.jpg

garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Just bought a RUNCO VX-2c light cannon Reply with quote

wowchad wrote:
I still need to call Runco with the serial number to see which lens it has but does anyone have any idea how far back I'll need to mount it to shoot a 12' diagonal screen?

Yow. That's a big screen -- about 10.5'x5.9' if you match the 16:9 native aspect ratio. That's about 61 square feet. On a 16:9 screen that means you'll be getting about 2500 / 61 = 41 ftL -- PLENTY of light!! Assume you lose 50% for bulb dimming and for calibration, and you've still got more than enough light for a screen that size.

Your Vision sure can't do that though!!
wowchad

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this picture my screen will be to the right, almost behind me where I took this picture from. I'm planing to hang the Runco behind the big I-beam and shoot underneath it. Even though my picture won't be as big I just might pop up the CRT in front of the I-beam for the time being until I get this VX-2 up and running. I'm itching to watch something already and the dust isn't even settled!

I am having a problem with the correct controller though. My older ViviX won't work because it's not digital, the VX-2 PJ only has one DVI input.
I've found two newer ViviX II for sale however they have an HDMI output and I'm being told using a long DVI to HDMI cable won't work. Only if its under 12 feet!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowchad wrote:
In this picture my screen will be to the right, almost behind me where I took this picture from. I'm planing to hang the Runco behind the big I-beam and shoot underneath it. Even though my picture won't be as big I just might pop up the CRT in front of the I-beam for the time being until I get this VX-2 up and running. I'm itching to watch something already and the dust isn't even settled!

I am having a problem with the correct controller though. My older ViviX won't work because it's not digital, the VX-2 PJ only has one DVI input.
I've found two newer ViviX II for sale however they have an HDMI output and I'm being told using a long DVI to HDMI cable won't work. Only if its under 12 feet!

You might try using a DVI repeater or an HDMI switcher with an equalizer (booster) cirlzcuit in between the ViviXII and the projector to boost the signal

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: