Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

horizontal banding

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffslife

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: horizontal banding Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
i used my fury 3 to shift my picture to the right and now i am noticing horizontal banding for lack of a better word it looks like rolling on an old tv when i was a kid. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
jeff slife jeff1slife@yahoo.com
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Lar407

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching your topic for suggestions or comments as my problem may be related to yours. I'm also experiencing video banding using the original HD Fury with a NEC XG75 Projector connected to a Panasonic BD-55 blue ray player. No banding on 1080i, only on 1080P. I have read that gamma settings and saturation settings can impact this but haven't messed with these yet. I have a pretty long HDMI cable (15 ft) running from my blue ray player to the projector, so this too could contribute to the problem. I will be trying a HDMI cable booster to see if it helps but connecting this device to the Fury requires a male to male adopter which I haven't been able to find locally. In the meantime I'm sticking with 1080i.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for responding i have a sony blue ray i will try to back off the resolution if i can figure out how .
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff you'll get more replies if you post in the correct forum. This is the forum for general feedback, suggestions, etc. concerning the website itself....not for asking projector related questions.

When you post in the correct forum be sure to include what projector you're using, cabling schema, and what all is in the video chain from source to projector.
Good luck man.

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
jeffslife

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not sure where to post this question i am not a registered member any suggestions?
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing what you have for a projector I can't say but both the CRT and digital pj forums are in the same part of the www.curtpalme.com/forum page.
You have 25, now 26 posts...now would be a good time to join and support the board? Wink

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: