Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

How to keep a cat from destroying a screen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
emdawgz1 wrote:

I have never had to de-claw a cat. The water thing worked after 3 sprays... he used the clawing post. I have NEVER hit a cat.

Cats eat your plants 'cause they are craving greens. I grew a couple of pots of cat grass, and they leave plants alone as well...

http://www.catgrass.net/

I've thought about trying the cat grass, but I am always afraid that they will just throw that up instead. Have you found that now your cats just throw up the cat grass? I sure would love to stop the cat puke.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually lost my cat... in the divorce...

But the cat grass worked for him. The vet told me that cats crave the greens to help w/ their digestion. But many houseplants aren't edible.. so it makes them sick...

The oatgrass worked for my cat... we put a couple of pots in the windows... and he loved them.

View user's photo album (3 photos)
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a simple ole fashioned mousetrap and put it under a piece of newspaper near the hardest hit area. Not only does it train the cat but you can hear it and know exactly when the sneeky little booger is skulking around the screen. Twisted Evil And yeah, you definately don't want to whack the thing because as was stated it will associate the whack with you and not what it's doing. Cats aren't as smart as they like to act.

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
LOTREE

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
I for one believe strongly in de-clawing cats. I know a lot of cat people say this is cruel and awful and what not, but I truly believe the total opposite.

I don't presently own a cat but I'd suggest a bit of reading which may change your mind :
http://www.google.com/search?q=why+not+to+declaw+a+cat&hl=en&safe=off&start=0&sa=N

The fact it's considered inhumane and illegal in many countries for one. It causes nerve issues, weakened muscles, poor balance, back and shoulder problems as a short list. My brother de-clawed 3 of his cats, no odds to me, but neither cat will let you touch their front paws many months later. Most cats enjoy a good between the toe scratch, stretching the tendons and pulling on their claws when they wrap them around your finger. It really relaxes them and lets you bond with the cat. Most dogs are the same.

paw

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a strip of cardboard with thumb tacks though it? OK, dull the thumb tacks. I've similiar things to keep animals out of flower beds.
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paw wrote:
How about a strip of cardboard with thumb tacks though it? OK, dull the thumb tacks. I've similiar things to keep animals out of flower beds.

Why stop there....wire up a HVPS pad and put a bunch of springs on the ceiling over it: ZAP...boing...ZAP...boing...ZAP....boing............ Twisted Evil

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:

But the cat grass worked for him. The vet told me that cats crave the greens to help w/ their digestion. But many houseplants aren't edible.. so it makes them sick...

The oatgrass worked for my cat... we put a couple of pots in the windows... and he loved them.

John I'll say I'm sorry in advance, but ....

I guess we'll have to start calling you BONES

or worse yet,

Damn, she took all the pussy.

I couldn't resist. Embarassed

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustGreg wrote:
And yeah, you definately don't want to whack the thing because as was stated it will associate the whack with you and not what it's doing. Cats aren't as smart as they like to act.

You know, if I walked into your theater and you punched me in the nose, I think I'd associate the punch more strongly with you than the theater too! Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perisoft wrote:
JustGreg wrote:
And yeah, you definately don't want to whack the thing because as was stated it will associate the whack with you and not what it's doing. Cats aren't as smart as they like to act.

You know, if I walked into your theater and you punched me in the nose, I think I'd associate the punch more strongly with you than the theater too! Very Happy

Laughing

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:

So I got some cat grass two days ago and the cats love it. The problem now is that there is cat grass puke all over my house Wink I don't know if this is a better solution. We'll see over the next few days if they chill out on the cat grass Cool

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perisoft wrote:
JustGreg wrote:

Well maybe you're not as smart as you like to act either!!! Laughing
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:

So I got some cat grass two days ago and the cats love it. The problem now is that there is cat grass puke all over my house Wink I don't know if this is a better solution. We'll see over the next few days if they chill out on the cat grass Cool

craigr

It could be that it takes a couple of days for their stomachs to get used to it.

Is it oatgrass?

emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dturco wrote:

or worse yet,

I dont get it....

dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:
dturco wrote:

or worse yet,

I dont get it....

It was a stretch did you see the new Star Trek movie? It explains how McCoy got the name of BONES.

McCoy says my wife got everything in the divorce, all I got left is my BONES.

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:

craigr

It could be that it takes a couple of days for their stomachs to get used to it.

Is it oatgrass?

Yeah, it's oatgrass.

I think my cats just really enjoy eating stringy things in excess and vomiting. My orange cat will eat anything stringy including all the dental floss he can get his hands on. We have to deposit our floss into a special container when we're through so that he can't get at it. Aside from the health risks to cats eating floss, it's also gross when your cat runs by trailing a string of terd covered floss Rolling Eyes

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: