Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Thread removed, mistaken as spam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toasterking

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Thread removed, mistaken as spam? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I noticed that a thread I created has been removed in the past month, or is inaccessible for some other reason. The thread was at http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=248444#248444 and I used it to post the files for a project which I hoped would assist users of the Boston A7RC/TSU501 achieve better legacy layout file conversion and automate several routine tasks. I was just trying to share what I had done to benefit others. Was this mistaken as spam? Should I have posted my files in another forum?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

It may have been mistaken as spam and nuked by accident. Some of us (possibly me or some of the mods) may have gotten overzealous. Feel free to post again and sorry about that!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing that thread. I didn't nuke it though. Please post it again. You may want to put : THIS IS NOT SPAM MODS at the top and bottom Very Happy

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
ralpharch

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Thread removed, mistaken as spam? Reply with quote

toasterking wrote:
I noticed that a thread I created has been removed in the past month, or is inaccessible for some other reason. The thread was at http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=248444#248444 and I used it to post the files for a project which I hoped would assist users of the Boston A7RC/TSU501 achieve better legacy layout file conversion and automate several routine tasks. I was just trying to share what I had done to benefit others. Was this mistaken as spam? Should I have posted my files in another forum?

Please do repost. I purchased four of these units and programmed them somewhat effectively. But now I have switched from COMCAST to FIOS, purchased an el-Cheapo digital (Mitsubishi HC 3800 - but my Marquee 8100 is still in use), have a DVHS recorder I need to be able to set to record via a remote timer (as Motorola has broken HD firewire d/l capabilty on both COMCAST and FIOS DVR STBs but I can still record off my SONY 960 XBR w cable card, and discovered I improperly programmed the rf- IR repeater.

Bottom line - I need to do it again and better this time. So would appreciate having your information available when I reprogram.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, it could have been me that blew it off. I went a bit trigger happy as I saw 3-4 spam posts the other day, and if you had 'file conversion' in the title, it's quite possible I thought you were a spammer, 'cause that's the type of spam we are getting here, file conversion type stuff.

. My bad, sorry!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how many times I almost killed the iPad thread? Anything with iPod or conversion in the tittle. Wink

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt's right - we get many spam posts per day. I know a couple of us have accidentally deleted an entire thread (as opposed to a post) once or twice when a spammer posted in a legitimate thread and we accidentally clicked "delete thread" instead of "delete post". I've started using the "delete post" button exclusively and made the other mods aware of the issue, hopefully to avoid the mishap in the future.

I noticed you only have one post... Was your user account nuked, too?

Sorry for the trouble! Please repost.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: