Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

runco 101c

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blockbullie

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: runco 101c Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I bought this a couple of years ago,wanted to go with a crt,but the other hand filled up first. Rolling Eyes If you Know what I mean.
I just put a new bulb in it ,Now the picture is bright and fresh agin. I just bought a new ati hd5570 video card ,and blueray. I was curious , If I still need a hdfury 1 to get better than 480 ore is it even going to help, also I have never had the right proceser for it. I bought a couple of them off ebay but the componet end of them have never worked. [img][/img]

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The orignal Runco processors wouldn't accept anything more than 480i component, so yes, the Fury is the way to go.
Blockbullie

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I expect picture wise, and do you think I can sqeeze 720 out of this and dich the processer

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Runco-VX-101c.htm

Your projector resolution is only 800x600, so you won't be getting a true 720p (1280x720) image. The image will probably scale but you'll be using so little of the panel I'm not sure that it would be worth it... If you need to stay digital, I would look into finding a used Panasonic AX100u or something which does native 720p with HDMI in for less than $500.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/panasonic_ax100.htm

The resolution and contrast ratio will be a killer upgrade to what you already have... No HD Fury required in this case either.

Blockbullie

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply maybe next year uncle same will be nice to me and allow me to buy one of curts hot rods.

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned one of these about 3 1/2 years ago. It's a good projector, but when the lamp went I moved up the latter instead of buying another lamp. I still have the processor, cables, manual, and ceiling mount laying around somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: