Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Mitsubishi WT-46805 convergence help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin_s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
macgyver655 wrote:
Rather then write a lot at once we'll go a little at a time. I dont have the exact manual but I do have the correct codes. So some features may not be there that i give you so just let me know if they are different.

First disconnect from the DTV port. Next select the DTV input on the remote. Now press menu 1270. You should have an options menu. Highlight DTV port and use the enter button to cycle the options. Select 1080i and press menu twice. if menu is still there hit menu again until its gone. If you hit info it should now say 1080i as the input. How did this go?

I got the manual Saturday (I'm reading this Monday at work because my home PC decided to die on me. Good thing it waited until after I printed the manual...). I went into the convergence settings while connected to a 16:9 signal. It took me about 2 hours, but I got the green grid true to the geometry of the TV's bezel. Then I lined up the red and blue to that. B I G_____M I S T A K E.

The picture looks like it is projected onto a waving flag. Even though the grids are aligned, there is not a parallel line on the image. When I go into the Cable Guide it Almost makes you dizzy. Also the left and right sides have the image stretched out for 6 inches on each side.

I do not know how to get the green grid back to the wavey pattern that gave me a close to correct picture. The manual says to never use the factory reset.

The complete ordeal was a failure.

At least I have 480 to watch it still.

- - -

The reason I think there is a convergence chip problem is because the red lines on the convergce screen are bent in an arc downwards and nothing you do with the remote will move them. The location number goes up, bt the lines do not move.

On the left side of the screen the blue lines are 3 times as thick as they should be.

The green lines were wavy and the bottom ones were all off to the right about 20 degrees. (They aren't any more, but I wish they were)
kevin_s

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, no need to worry. My TV has the power light blinking. Guess it's time is up. I had it for 7 years, so $400 a year ain't too bad for a TV (if I had the $2700 I spent for this thing right now I could get two plasmas.

So with having my PC fry and my TV saying it is about to die, it's been quite a tax week.

Sad

Thanks for all the help. Looks like I have to go search mom and pop tv places for sales. No way I am paying for shipping.

kevin

Last edited by kevin_s on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A moment of silence....

Too much man. I thought my luck was bad sometimes. Shocked

PM Mac, maybe he has a TV that would intrest you. Although he would have to ship it to you.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kevin_s

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I dont find anything I'll pm him.

I try to support the local small dealers who are getting run out by B.B., W.M. & S.Club. I have my eye on a $4000 plasma that is now over half off, but I am not sure I can swing it financially.

have the best day ever.
mcrobins

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Similar issue with a Mitsu 1080 WT46805 Reply with quote

I have a similar issue with my misubishi 1080 mod wt46805. It was working good then I noticed that it would have the issue below looks like the convergence problem. Powered the TV off and back on in a bit and it would go away. But not any more it's consistent?

If the picture is not attached under menu and advanced convergence under the grid alignment, the lower half is great, but the upper green gun seems to not align and dips like a smile on all lines the red and blue are close. Unsure what is the issue. Can anyone help? I tried to upload a .jpg not sure that it will post. file size is 83.8kb.

Thanks in advance

Mark

[img][/img]
kevin_s

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like all good things, this too did pass. However...

It is good my Mitsubishi died.
I bought a Samsung LN52B750 LCD TV for 80% of dealer cost. And with the Samsung dvd player, we canceled Direct TV and have more NetFlix in the queue than there is time for viewing. I don't miss commercials or the "news" one bit.

I really loved my Mitsubishi, even if it was so prequel to every HD standard that I only had 1080 during the final 6 months of the 8 years I owned it. (Using a monstrosity of cables and boxes that I would never have found without CURT PALME! You Guys Rock!)

But as heart broken as I was when I took my deWalt to the wt46805 and butchered it into the size requirements for recycling, I have to say I'm better off. Here's why:

HDMI just works.
The optical sound cable functions with my 8 year old Mitsubishi Surround with THX.
The picture is so phenomenal that it is too good in many cases and we have to turn it down with some movies. They end up looking plastic like all the Shot Direct To Digital did about 4 or 5 years ago.
The X-Box plugged right in with the HDMI and now the graphics it provides are lackluster compared to the TV.
In my case, ( finding a clearance special ) the Samsung cost 1/3 what the Mitsubishi did (even at Obamadollar value), [I just searched and I still can't find the LN52B750 for less then I payed for it unless it is used and being auctioned + freight]

I think our electricity bill went down a tiny bit too.

So keep fighting the good fight and keep those Mitsubishi WTs running. Just think, by the time you wave the white flag like I did, whole new technologies will be standard features.

-kevin S
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second! HDMI just works?! Are you posting this from a parallel dimension?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
mcrobins

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Rather then write a lot at once we'll go a little at a time. I dont have the exact manual but I do have the correct codes. So some features may not be there that i give you so just let me know if they are different.

First disconnect from the DTV port. Next select the DTV input on the remote. Now press menu 1270. You should have an options menu. Highlight DTV port and use the enter button to cycle the options. Select 1080i and press menu twice. if menu is still there hit menu again until its gone. If you hit info it should now say 1080i as the input. How did this go?

I enabled DTV sellection after I disconnected coaxial cables from the TV, I selected DTV from the inputs but was unable to open menu 1270?

Note: I had DTV a long time ago then switched to DISH, all that just was to expensive and I had to drop the satalite. For some time we have watched DVD movies.

Is this menu (1270) linked with DTV? or open a sub menu in the mitsu 1080 46805? When I selected menu and to advanced features, video display only goes up to 960i My optional HD Receiver is on the fritz right now, so I realy do not have HD.

Maybe all this is telling me something?

Open for suggestions..Thanks in advance

Mark
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know, that image looks more like you lost a convergence chip more then it needs adjustment. Of course it doesn't hurt to try.

That 960i is for the internal line doubler setting, its not an input resolution. The internal doubler can be set for 480p or 960i.

The DVD video input is only capable of handling 480i or 480p. Nothing else. The HDTV Video input can take 480i, 480p and 1080i.

Did you say you are using the HD-1080 receiver?
mcrobins

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mcrobins"]
macgyver655 wrote:

Mac,

After closer following of what you said to do, I entered into menu 1270, DTV PORT did not have a 1080 selection but rather HD,480P, AUTO, SD 4:3, SD 16:9. I selected HD which was a clean view, no green gun distortion.

Went to the advanced convergence menu and using the Audio key went into the block alignment which also was clean and white? All other inputs had the same distortion at he top half of the screen although.

Next I lost the ability to change Format now that DTV is set to HD... I would be happy to stop hear if I could affect this under DVD component. But that Input is still distorted.

Do you have an idea what is?

Thanks again for your help!

Mark
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, interesting. Based off that last pic I'd say convergence chips seem ok. And 1080I convergence looks ok. You are going to have to select 480p and do a convergence adjustment and see if you can correct that.

There is a selection for green convergence.
mcrobins

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, it's very odd I performed the convergence alignment on the DVD Input. the RED on the right side - about 3/4 up from the bottom is a little curved up and is not adjustable bout over all it's much better. My family is happy!

Thank you for your expertise.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: