Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pioneer ELITE VSX 92TXH 94TXH freezing locking up resolved
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Pioneer ELITE VSX 92TXH 94TXH freezing locking up resolved Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well I just repaired my second one of these and it has been confirmed to be fully functional now. This seems to be a very common problem on both the 92TXH and 94TXH receivers. I ordered a whole bunch of extra parts this time in case I run into any more of these. The only difference this time was I just had 2 of the boards mailed to me so I didn't have the whole thing. It just concerned me not being able to test them after the repair. But all worked out well. So this appears to be a confirmed fix. Thumbs Up

Edit: As of Sept. 28, 2010 the repair count has exceeded 30 and more boards are on the way. Way to go Pioneer.

I have also received a request on the 1020-K may also be freezing and locking up.

Last edited by macgyver655 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
needfix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Pioneer elite VSX-92txh freezes up and cannot be turned off Reply with quote

macgyver566 seems like you solved this problem.
I am from Brazil and here there are no oficial assistences for this model, so I will be glad with your could help.
1-Sometimes it stops responding to all controls, it doesnt even power off. My pioneer elite VSX-92txh freezes up and cannot be turned off with remote or power button on unit. In order to turn it off I have to turn off the power protector off for more then 15min. After this time it returns to normal operation for a while.
2-Now it also turns off by itself. In order to turn it back on I have to turn off the power protector off for a few minutes. When I turn the power protector back on the reciver turns back to the point it was before it turned off. Thumbs Up
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Pioneer elite VSX-92txh freezes up and cannot be turned Reply with quote

needfix wrote:
macgyver566 seems like you solved this problem.
I am from Brazil and here there are no oficial assistences for this model, so I will be glad with your could help.
1-Sometimes it stops responding to all controls, it doesnt even power off. My pioneer elite VSX-92txh freezes up and cannot be turned off with remote or power button on unit. In order to turn it off I have to turn off the power protector off for more then 15min. After this time it returns to normal operation for a while.
2-Now it also turns off by itself. In order to turn it back on I have to turn off the power protector off for a few minutes. When I turn the power protector back on the reciver turns back to the point it was before it turned off. Thumbs Up

I sent you a PM on this.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needfix, you should send the PC board to Macguyver. Shipping a single board is cheap, even from Brazil, and he does a great job repairing them.
MrBlu

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my boards to mcgyver655 and received them back pretty quick. I took delivery a week ago and have run my receiver for as many hours as possible. That would be about 5 hours every evening on weekdays and for 12-14 hours on the weekends. I am glad to report that as of today I have not experienced any lockups of any kind so will have to say for now that this is a confirmed fix. I will report back in about a month and give another report on how the repairs are holding up.

Before I sent my boards to mcgyver655, I had already spoke with Pioneer about the problem and they authorized a firmware update at their expense even though it was no longer under warranty. I was told by mcgyver655 that the firmware update would not fix this problem but since it was already authorized, I took my receiver to the authorized Pioneer Elite service center on Monday to get the latest update for free. When I took the receiver into the repair center they asked what was wrong and I explained the display was freezing up. Before I said another word the tech started to tell me the rest of what I was experiencing like having absolutely no control and having to unplug the receiver from the outlet, etc. He then told me that the firmware update would not fix this problem and knew what the problem was but since they were paying for firmware, he would do it.

I guess the moral of the story is, you call Pioneer and they don't have a clue and tell you that this is the first they have heard of this problem. Then you get people like mcgyver655 that knows there is a problem and how to fix it as well as other tech's. Based on the rates that I seen posted at the Pioneer service center, mcgyver655 is doing this repair at a reasonable cost.

If you are having complete freezing and/or locking up of your unit where the only way to get control back is to unplug it, get with mcgyver655.

Thanks Ron
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad its working for you Keith. Your welcome. And thanks for that nice write up...... Very Happy
MrBlu

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Glad its working for you Keith. Your welcome. And thanks for that nice write up...... Very Happy

Your welcome but you deserve it. I just hope that this helps others with this receiver that are having the same problems.

Thank you
maitai

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Freezes Reply with quote

Hello all, just came across this forum as I'm having the same problem. it worked well for over a year and how it's doing this. It freezes until I unplug and then it won't power on until maybe 10 minutes. How do i fix this? how long is the default warranty? There should be a recall!
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on the recall! Smile I agree with you, but EVERYTHING electronic built these days has a 'common' problem. I'm getting in very late model $1000 TVs that are throwaway.

No one has heard from MacGuyver in a few weeks now. We all hope he's OK, but he kept the details of the repairs to himself, but did a killer job of repairing more than one of these.

Mac, where are you?
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably tin whiskers.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Freezes Reply with quote

maitai wrote:
Hello all, just came across this forum as I'm having the same problem. it worked well for over a year and how it's doing this. It freezes until I unplug and then it won't power on until maybe 10 minutes. How do i fix this? how long is the default warranty? There should be a recall!

Shoot me a PM and I can give you the details on sending me boards to be repaired. Thanks
ucfish

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Freezes Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
maitai wrote:

Shoot me a PM and I can give you the details on sending me boards to be repaired. Thanks

This has been happening with mine 92 TXH for over 4 months and now it seems that it is completely dead. I can't even turn it on. Has this happened to anyone else? How much will it cost to bring it in to a place.....also macgyver seems that you are quite smart around here. Wondering if I would send you my board how hard is it to get to the board.....I am not great at taking things apart at all.

Thanks for any help in advance anyone could share.

Michael
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Freezes Reply with quote

ucfish wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
maitai wrote:

This has been happening with mine 92 TXH for over 4 months and now it seems that it is completely dead. I can't even turn it on. Has this happened to anyone else? How much will it cost to bring it in to a place.....also macgyver seems that you are quite smart around here. Wondering if I would send you my board how hard is it to get to the board.....I am not great at taking things apart at all.

Thanks for any help in advance anyone could share.

Michael

The freezing fix is not a problem but the fact that its not turning on now concerns me. Have you tried unplugging it for a few hours and then try turning it on?
ucfish

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came back on today......needed to leave it unplugged all night. Was the first time a simple unplug for a while had not worked. Now it is "fine" again.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ucfish wrote:
It came back on today......needed to leave it unplugged all night. Was the first time a simple unplug for a while had not worked. Now it is "fine" again.

Shoot me a PM and I'll respond tomorrow. Thanks
dpowell

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I found this thread. My 92TXH is doing the same thing! Now I need 5 posts so I can send a PM.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have 5 posts and need to contact me then email me at: macgyver566@gmail.com
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of current , I have successfully repaired around 15 receivers. Success rate is 100%. Still have lots of parts in stock. Thumbs Up
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
As of current , I have successfully repaired around 15 receivers. Success rate is 100%. Still have lots of parts in stock. Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up

I should get some credit for finding the problem and then part to fix the problem. Cool

When I first searched back 15-18 months, I found one thread and post. It is gone now. I think this is the only place that searching the internet points to.

Also, just ordering the part was a biotch!!!

But the real problem was replacing the part(s)!!!! Can you say "really, really' REALLY small"???????

Good work macgyver! Mine is still running strong!!!

Thanks again.

wallace

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallace123456 wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:

Thumbs Up

I should get some credit for finding the problem and then part to fix the problem. Cool

When I first searched back 15-18 months, I found one thread and post. It is gone now. I think this is the only place that searching the internet points to.

Also, just ordering the part was a biotch!!!

But the real problem was replacing the part(s)!!!! Can you say "really, really' REALLY small"???????

Good work macgyver! Mine is still running strong!!!

Thanks again.

wallace

Yes Don, if not for you I would not be doing these repairs. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad though, LOL.

If I was making any money on this I would give you a percentage. But I only decided to offer public repair after I saw all the desperate plees and non help from Pioneer or many Pioneer ASCs. So for what I charge and after parts and return shipping I probably get enough for coffee and donuts to keep me plugging away, LOL.

I guess I felt bad after seeing these people spending around a thousand bucks for a receiver, only to have it become useless after 6 months to 1 or 2 years. Plus I enjoy the work. Like my eyes aren't bad enough already.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: