Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Another EAC3to GUI Plus Updated 5-31-2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armian98

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
MikeEby wrote:

I'm wondering if it's a Haali issue?

I think I've solved the problem.
And yes, it seems like it's a Haali issue but in a different way.
I asked the same question in another forum and got an answer that "Haali doesn't go well with DTSHD".
So in MPC-HC, I disabled Haali and let it use its internal splitter by ticking on mkv option in internal filters list.
Then voila!! Video playback has never been smoother!
I know many people use Haali and MPC-HC at the same time, so I still don't understand what's different for my setup.
But, I'm just happy with the result and can live with it.

Thanks for helping me mike!
Time to go ripping more blu-rays with your great GUI tool!!

p.s. As others are asking, I also ask you to add an option to rip and merge the whole english subtitle not just forced one.
My english isn't very good. Sad
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you have it working, yes...standard subs are on the list...I'm very busy with work right now, hope to get back at it soon when things slow down a bit. When you say your english isn't good, would you want a different language for subtitles then the default language for the audio? If so let me know...It would be a different way then I was planing to implement.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
Glad you have it working, yes...standard subs are on the list...I'm very busy with work right now, hope to get back at it soon when things slow down a bit. When you say your english isn't good, would you want a different language for subtitles then the default language for the audio? If so let me know...It would be a different way then I was planing to implement.

Mike

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to seeing a new version with standard subs.
Although I want a different language, since my language(Korean) isn't very popular in blu-ray area, I'll be just happy with english subs. If I have some disks with Korean subs, I can always use command lines and mkvmerge just for that disk.
Wink
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor service release see main link at top of thread...Added support for AAC audio. Made the default language English if no value is entered. Fixed bug where Advanced Options button would not be displayed when using larger screen fonts. Fixed issue where in some cases TrueHD audio tracks would not extract Digital Dolby track.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Mike!

Now all that's left is to add an option to include multiple audio tracks (i.e. Lossless TrueHD + AC3). Wink
twwen2

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike (or anyone else for that matter),

Have you used this tool on "The Kingdom" blu-ray disk? I ask because I just ran it and it worked fine but it's not showing subtitles in MPC-HC. The eac3to log shows the subtitles being selected and demuxed but MKVMerge doesn't seem to be detecting the right file (and thus ignoring them altogether). There should be 4 english sub tracks, the last one is the one I want.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Is the issue perhaps that none of the sub tracks are considered forced? I've been able to use ClownBD to create an ISO of the same disk, and the subtitles work from that file.

Last edited by twwen2 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twwen2 wrote:
Mike (or anyone else for that matter),

Have you used this tool on "The Kingdom" blu-ray disk? I ask because I just ran it and it worked fine but it's not showing subtitles in MPC-HC. The log showed the subtitles being selected and MPC has the option to select/enable them if I right-click on the video screen. However, there's none showing. There should be 4 english sub tracks, the last one is the one I want.

Thanks in advance.

Could you post the eac3to log? Its the one that is hyperlinked at the bottom of the main log.

Thank!
Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
Could you post the eac3to log? Its the one that is hyperlinked at the bottom of the main log.

Are the logs stored somewhere locally? I've since closed the program. I'll have a look when I get home from work tonight.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twwen2 wrote:
MikeEby wrote:

Are the logs stored somewhere locally? I've since closed the program. I'll have a look when I get home from work tonight.

On the main menu click on Tools>View Logs. You can then step threw all the logs.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the eac3to log. See attached file for MediaInfo screenshot.

eac3to v3.17
command line: "E:\Downloads\Blu-ray stuff\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - Chapters.txt" 2: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom 1080p VC-1.mkv" 6: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 6 DTS Master.dtshd" 14: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 14 English Subtitle.sup" 29: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 29 English Subtitle.sup" 35: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 35 English Subtitle.sup" 41: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 41 English Subtitle.sup" -log="E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - Log.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 3 video tracks, 8 audio tracks, 32 subtitle tracks, 1:49:45, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 20 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: VC-1, 480p24 /1.001 (3:2)
4: VC-1, 480p24 /1.001 (3:2)
5: DTS, Japanese, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
6: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
7: DTS, French, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
8: DTS, Italian, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
9: DTS, German, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
10: DTS, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
11: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
12: DTS Express, English, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 192kbps, 48khz
13: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
14: Subtitle (PGS), English
15: Subtitle (PGS), French
16: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
17: Subtitle (PGS), German
18: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
19: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
20: Subtitle (PGS), Danish
21: Subtitle (PGS), Finnish
22: Subtitle (PGS), Modern Greek
23: Subtitle (PGS), Korean
24: Subtitle (PGS), Norwegian
25: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese
26: Subtitle (PGS), Swedish
27: Subtitle (PGS), Chinese
28: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
29: Subtitle (PGS), English
30: Subtitle (PGS), French
31: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
32: Subtitle (PGS), German
33: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
34: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
35: Subtitle (PGS), English
36: Subtitle (PGS), French
37: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
38: Subtitle (PGS), German
39: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
40: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
41: Subtitle (PGS), English
42: Subtitle (PGS), French
43: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
44: Subtitle (PGS), German
Creating file "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - Chapters.txt"...
[s41] Extracting subtitle track number 41...
[a06] Extracting audio track number 6...
[s35] Extracting subtitle track number 35...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[s29] Extracting subtitle track number 29...
[s14] Extracting subtitle track number 14...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a06] Creating file "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 6 DTS Master.dtshd"...
[s29] Creating file "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 29 English Subtitle.sup"...
[s14] Creating file "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 14 English Subtitle.sup"...
[s35] Creating file "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 35 English Subtitle.sup"...
[s41] Creating file "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\The Kingdom - 41 English Subtitle.sup"...
Added fps value (24 /1.001) to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 157896 frames.
Video track 3 contains 157896 frames.
Video track 4 contains 157896 frames.
Subtitle track 14 contains 1287 captions.
Subtitle track 29 contains 1415 captions.
Subtitle track 35 contains 1001 captions.
Subtitle track 41 contains 150 captions.
eac3to processing took 45 minutes, 51 seconds.
Done.

<And the GUI output...>

Analyzing .....started at 19:27:36

Analyzing complete

Starting EAC3To.exe

EAC3to Command Line arguments : "D:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven - Chapters.txt" 2: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven 1080p MPEG2.mkv" 3: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven - 3 DTS Master.dtshd" 5: "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven - 5 English Subtitle.sup" -log="E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven - Log.txt"

EAC3to complete

Looking for forced subtitles...

No flagged forced subtitles found, looking for other types of forced subtitles...
Likely forced subtitle not found...

MKVMerge Started...

MKVMerge Command Line arguments: -o "F:\Movies\Kingdom of Heaven.mkv" "--default-track" "1:no" "--forced-track" "1:no" "--display-dimensions" "1:1920x1080" "-d" "1" "-A" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven 1080p MPEG2.mkv" "--forced-track" "0:no" "-a" "0" "-D" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven - 3 DTS Master.dtshd" "--track-order" "0:1,1:0" "--chapter-language" "eng" "--chapters" "E:\EAC3TO GUI work folder\Kingdom of Heaven - Chapters.txt"

MKVMerge Done!

minfo.jpg
 Description:
No subtitles in the container
 Filesize:  98.55 KB
 Viewed:  18118 Time(s)

minfo.jpg

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twwen2 wrote:

Edit: Is the issue perhaps that none of the sub tracks are considered forced? I've been able to use ClownBD to create an ISO of the same disk, and the subtitles work from that file.

Yes...That probably is the issue. Is this the movie "The Kingdom" the one with Jamie Foxx & Jennifer Garner? What region is the disk from? The reason I ask is because the log from my disk the looks look very different.

Code:
eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "d:\BDMV\STREAM" 1) 1: "C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom - Chapters.txt" 2: "C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom 1080p VC-1.mkv" 5: "C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom - 5 DTS Master.flac" 10: "C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom - 10 English Subtitle.sup" -log="C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom - Log.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 3 video tracks, 5 audio tracks, 5 subtitle tracks, 1:50:21, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 20 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: VC-1, 480p24 /1.001 (3:2)
4: VC-1, 480p24 /1.001 (3:2)
5: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
6: DTS, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
7: DTS, French, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
8: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
9: DTS Express, English, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 192kbps, 48khz
10: Subtitle (PGS), English
11: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
12: Subtitle (PGS), French
13: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
14: Subtitle (PGS), French
Creating file "C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom - Chapters.txt"...
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[a05] Extracting audio track number 5...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a05] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a05] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a05] Creating file "C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom - 5 DTS Master.flac"...
[s10] Creating file "C:\Work Folder\The Kingdom - 10 English Subtitle.sup"...
[a05] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 24 bits.
Added fps value (24 /1.001) to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 158745 frames.
Video track 3 contains 158745 frames.
Video track 4 contains 158745 frames.
Subtitle track 10 contains 1369 captions.
eac3to processing took 41 minutes, 4 seconds.
Done.

I also noticed the GUI log (the one at the bottom) I don't think is the correct one for the eac3to log...That log looks like its from "Kingdom of Heaven".

What subtitles did you want...English?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, you're right the GUI log is the wrong one.

Yes, the movie is "The Kingdom" with Jamie Foxx.

All my blu-ray disks are Australia, Region B. This is not the first time the contents of a disk have differed between regions.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Version 0.9.1.12
Added status window to replace DOS command window while demux/remuxing. This will allow the GUI to be minimized while running.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for another update Mike!!! Used th eold one this weekend for some ripping! Can't say enough about how easy your program is!! and so fast!!! I am using the "work folder" option on a different drive and now start to finish, most of my rip and muxes are righ at 1 hour!!

ANy plans to fix that font or resize the program box issue??? I always have to log out and re log in under a new font size, which makes everything supper small while using the GUI...

Garen
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarenT wrote:
Thanks for another update Mike!!! Used th eold one this weekend for some ripping! Can't say enough about how easy your program is!! and so fast!!! I am using the "work folder" option on a different drive and now start to finish, most of my rip and muxes are righ at 1 hour!!

ANy plans to fix that font or resize the program box issue??? I always have to log out and re log in under a new font size, which makes everything supper small while using the GUI...

Garen

What resolution and screen font are you using? A re-sizeable Window creates a lot of issues. Would you want scroll bars to move within the main screen?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rez is 1920x1080 and font size is at 200% or 192 ppi, but yeah scroll bars would work. I just need a little bit more, when it opens it gets cut off at the bottom of the batch jobs box, so I can't see or click the "run all' button etc..
steelman1991

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Only been using your GUI for a few days, but already think its great. Just a quick query though following the introduction of the 'status window' in the last update. In the previous DOS command box, on completion of eac3to tasks, the box would change to provide MKV Merge progress information. I don't see that with the new version. Is this something that will be added, or is it something you decided to omit from the change to the 'status window'.

The status bar sits there even though MKV Merge is working in the backgound. The results panel in the GUI shows the MKV Merge command line as active, but I'm sure there will be lots of users who only look at the 'status window' (myself included lol) and might, press cancel from there prior to MKVMerge finishing its process thereby losing the information - or at least I assume you would by pressing cancel at this time - didn't try it myself.

Keep up the good work - cracking app.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelman1991 wrote:
Hi Mike

The status bar sits there even though MKV Merge is working in the backgound. The results panel in the GUI shows the MKV Merge command line as active, but I'm sure there will be lots of users who only look at the 'status window' (myself included lol) and might, press cancel from there prior to MKVMerge finishing its process thereby losing the information - or at least I assume you would by pressing cancel at this time - didn't try it myself.

Couple of questions... What type of Audio are you merging? The other question is what version of MKVMerge are you using? I've done all my testing with the latest 3.3.0. Ripping to FLAC audio. Here is screen shot from my MKVMerge, the progress bar seems to work fine.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
steelman1991 wrote:
Hi Mike

Couple of questions... What type of Audio are you merging? The other question is what version of MKVMerge are you using? I've done all my testing with the latest 3.3.0. Ripping to FLAC audio. Here is screen shot from my MKVMerge, the progress bar seems to work fine.

Mike

Merging to FLAC from a DTS MA track - but unlike you I am using MKV Merge version 3.0.0 (the version linked to from the first post on the thread)

I have now downloaded 3.3.0 and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

PS
Might be worth amending that link on the 1st page
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great program! Thumbs Up Very smooth and intuitive and has a great no nonsense feel to it.

Should we be updating the 'Required Software' as newer versions become available? (or leave well enough alone).
I'm not saying I've found newer versions but thought I'd toss this out there for future reference.

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 14 of 26
Jump to: