Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

SONY VPH-1292Q STREAKING PROBLEM SOLVED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Interested in purchasing upgrade?
Yes
79%
 79%  [ 39 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 49

RogueChili

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Interested in this mod Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
jchunter wrote:
I just bought a 1292 with 1800 hours and all three tubes in clean shape. I'd like to install the streaking repair modification before I take out my 1272 and replace it with the 1292. Is there a kit and/or instructions available?

Thanks

Colin

1800 hrs! I'm jealous, my timer shows 100 hrs Unfortunately that isn't one hundred..

I can supply a kit with installation instructions and hand made boards within a week from your request. A kit with production boards should be available within six weeks. PM me with any questions.

Regards

John
moggy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I've been following progress with interest.
Sorry to ask but have you any idea of price yet.

I have 2x 1292 with a plan to blend them (or stack).
I would need to buy 2 sets of 3. So, I hope it isn't too expensive.
DIY modding them myself is no problem.
I would like to fix the streaking before installing projectors.

I was initially hoping that you would simply divulge the circuit and allow anyone to build the mod.
However, I can understand that you might like to make a few dollars from your effort.
I'm sure it was no small effort.
Mike Parker's attempt was a long drawn out non-event.
Roguechilli, you have my support.
1st quarter or so of 2010 for kits will be fine by me.

RogueChili

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moggy wrote:
Hello,
I've been following progress with interest.
Sorry to ask but have you any idea of price yet.

Hi moggy,

I too have a few 1292’s. I did some preliminary work and found an over under stack works best with my machines. Setting the geometry on the side by side stack was extremely time consuming with less than perfect results. A blend is out for me because of space limitations however following the nash blend does make it intriguing.

Regarding the kit price, I estimate around $125 for the kit , +- depending on the final cost of the PC boards. The kit is 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed and includes three tested mod boards, installation instructions and customer support.

If absolutely necessary, I will install and test the mods for a reasonable fee ($40 user pays all shipping charges) if the user does not or can not find someone with the experience necessary to do the installation.

Regards
John
moggy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
Sounds great.

No final decision regarding blending yet, just slowly working out a system.
I used to have another 1292 as my main pj a few years ago so I am quite versed in their foibles and strengths.
I had a 1251 before that.

I will most likely order 2 sets as soon as you are ready with production kits in the new year.

Cheers,
Chris

Alois

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I am from Switzerland and would like to order a kit as well. I have written a PM to John, please check your mailbox.

I was thinking about exchanging my 1292 with a DLP or LCD projector but now I might no longer see the need to do so. O.k. there will still remain the noise issue. Although I have a partial fan mod and hushbox in place I still have some 45dB @ 1m and consider this to be too high.

I am really looking forward to this upgrade.

Best regards,

Alois
asubert

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently looking for spares totry to repair my nice 1292 that stay on stand by mode with no chance to start. Some say it may come from a bad Y board, Curt think about a bad power supply :

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18704&highlight=

In my search of spares, I have been in touch with a company that propose to sell a mod to fix the streak to be install on neck board, or a complete modify neck board. Are you aware of thiskind of mod??? I don't know if i can give the name of this company on the forum????

In the same time, if some nice guy can help to troubleshout my CRT breakdown, I will be very gratefull!!![url][/url]
azzkicker

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: no streaking more Reply with quote

hi

i wouldt say thank you RogueChili for your hard work and spent lot of time to my problems

now iam very happy thats runs my 1292 without problems

THANK YOU SO MUCH Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

best regards

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarence wrote:

Otherwise, the 1292 gets bashed too much for it's size, fan noise, and lack of brightness. I think the streaking problem is #4 on the list of perceived drawbacks. So I can't see investing more into this beast if the first 3 stereotypes are already hurting the potential for resale regardless of the cost. But if this was my primary projector, $215 would be a worthy mod.

If that is how you feel about it mate id be more than happy to take that big fat dull noisey heap of a projector off your hands any time ya like Wink
Alois

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueChili, any idea about when the mod will be available for the public folks like me?

Thks.
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
If that is how you feel about it mate id be more than happy to take that big fat dull noisey heap of a projector off your hands any time ya like Wink

As usual with the other projectors I've given away, just bring some beer when you come to pick it up. Cool
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarence wrote:
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:

As usual with the other projectors I've given away, just bring some beer when you come to pick it up. Cool

HAHAHA!!! Cheers mate!! Always plenty of beer at my place, if i wasnt so far away id fill the esky and bring all the beer you could drink in an afternoon Wink Im not sure if they will let me take an esky full of Australian beer into America though, and by the time i got there it would be warm Laughing
Alois

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have an idea about the actual status of the mod and its availability?

Thks, Alois
Alois

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody able to make a statement? Has this topic lost actuality such that nothing will become available?

Best-

Alois
RogueChili

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alois wrote:
Nobody able to make a statement? Has this topic lost actuality such that nothing will become available?

Best-

Alois

"An egg to bunny ratio of four to one is crucial!" check your pm
RogueChili

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dochlywd wrote:
rogue,

did you ever get a G90 neck board?? I might have one for you!

Doc

A development in the anti-streak mod, Doc was willing to send me a G90 neck board for modification. The board has been modified and is being tested by Doc to determine if the modification eliminates the streaking in the G90. If there is a noticeable improvement I plan to design a PC board to accommodate both the 1292 and G90. The G90 mod is different than the 1292, however it is possible to make the board multifunctional.

Information on testing results will post when available.
dochlywd

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Sorry for the delay. I only have limited knowledge and ability so I decided to let Craig Rounds do the testing. He's the most qualified for this job and said he should be able to get to it this week. I'll have him report back here with his findings.

Thanks!

Doc
speedyandre

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that also the G90 will benefit of this great mod Thumbs Up
My neckboards still work very well, I'm very happy with my not-streaking 1292 Mr. Green

André

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueChili wrote:

A development in the anti-streak mod, Doc was willing to send me a G90 neck board for modification. The board has been modified and is being tested by Doc to determine if the modification eliminates the streaking in the G90. If there is a noticeable improvement I plan to design a PC board to accommodate both the 1292 and G90. The G90 mod is different than the 1292, however it is possible to make the board multifunctional.
Information on testing results will post when available.

Mr RogueChili,
Does it have to be a combo pcb?
I'd be happy with just the 1292 design.
It's a little like 1000 BMW owners having brake problems since new but being told they have to wait until the 1 Ferrrari problem is cured also, the poor bugger.
Will this extra sidetrack take long? If not, then fair enough.

I know you are private about the design so far, fair enough, that's up to you.
For me, I'd be grateful for the circuit diagram and I'd build the rest myself. I design pcb layouts for a living and have worked in electronics/broadcast engineering/maintenance all my life. I simply attach my designs to work prototype panels (provided they are small enough which this one obviously would be).
Perhaps I can help in this regard? International post cost would be peanuts for this job.

I had planned to look at this streaking problem myself until you started your work. Good man, you possibly have done a better job than I would have. Results sound terrific.
My brief look at the problem indicated it was either a black level clamping issue or HF problems in output stage , or both, but until I see what you've done, I can't be sure.

Fortunately for me I am still working on my setup and haven't mounted my 1292s yet but it will be soon.
I'm most anxious to solve this streaking before I ceiling mount them. I'll love you forever. Wink

RogueChili

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc, any info on the G90 testing?
dochlywd

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I thought Craig would have called you by now. He said that he didn't notice any change but was still very impressed that you could get a working neckboard without being able to drop it back into a G90 to make sure it didn't cause any faults!!!!! I'll shoot him an email with your contact info just in case he doesn't have it. I thought that he originally said that he did.

Also, aren't you getting a G90 test bed sometime soon? I'm sure you'll get it straightened out once you have that in hand. It might make things a little easier. Wink

Thanks!

Doc
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to: