Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Toshiba Regza 670U CMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bama29

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Toshiba Regza 670U CMS Reply with quote

I have been using a Chroma 5 meter with LED tables and Calman Home to try and tame my 55SV670U. The grayscale lines up very well with dE below 3 across the board. Gamma is very flat as well.

However when I try to use the Toshiba ColorMaster CMS to calibrate the Primaries and Secondaries I am running into issues. If I calibrate the Primaries and Secondaries to where they sit in the target boxes and dE is at 3 or below (Red is 3.5) across the board, with Hue, Color, and Brightness then the chart looks great but the colors are obviously off. The blues are faded and dull and there is too much red.

I am at a loss to understand what is going on here. I can use the Blue only mode to set the Decoder Color and Tint, and all looks pretty good. Why does the chart look good but the colors don't if I use the CMS?

I hope someone can help me understand what is going on and give me a nudge in the correct direction.

Thanks,

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: