Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

RGB fine. Component Not working ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alaric

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: RGB fine. Component Not working ??? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi there,

I have an RTC2200 in my system. I'm running a BG808s.

I have an xbox360 which is going into the RGB port via a HDfury and to the PJ. This works fine.

I picked up a Pioneer BD80 yesterday and ran component cables to the RTC2200 and get nothing. The xbox is off.

I tried checking the jumpers and they are all set to automatic, apart from having -ve sync. I did try the selection on manual with the Component selected, but still nothing

Any ideas ???

Ta,
Lee
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RGB fine. Component Not working ??? Reply with quote

Alaric wrote:
Hi there,

I have an RTC2200 in my system. I'm running a BG808s.

I have an xbox360 which is going into the RGB port via a HDfury and to the PJ. This works fine.

I picked up a Pioneer BD80 yesterday and ran component cables to the RTC2200 and get nothing. The xbox is off.

I tried checking the jumpers and they are all set to automatic, apart from having -ve sync. I did try the selection on manual with the Component selected, but still nothing

Any ideas ???

Ta,
Lee

Hi Lee, are you sure your Pioneer BD80 is outputting on the component? Can you get into the menu of the Pioneer and see if the component output is turned on?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Alaric

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: RGB fine. Component Not working ??? Reply with quote

Hi,

AnalogRocks wrote:

Hi Lee, are you sure your Pioneer BD80 is outputting on the component? Can you get into the menu of the Pioneer and see if the component output is turned on?

I just bought the player. It was an open box and i did wonder about this. I've since factory reset the box as i know there is an audio clarity setting that disables the analogue video path.

Alas i don't have any HDMI equipment. I have ordered a HDMI - > DVI connector so i'll be able to hook it up to the VGA port and test that way.

I guess i could try composite into a TV ???

ta,
Lee
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee,

Can you try the component output of the Pioneer on another display, just to see if it is active?

Kim

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: RGB fine. Component Not working ??? Reply with quote

Alaric wrote:
Hi,

Alas i don't have any HDMI equipment. I have ordered a HDMI - > DVI connector so i'll be able to hook it up to the VGA port and test that way.

I guess i could try composite into a TV ???

ta,
Lee

Lee, HDMI is digital and VGA is analog. That adaptor won't work for you. The DVI to VGA adaptors are meant for video devices with a DVI-A or DVI-I connector that has analog VGA outputs built into the pins. HDMI is video compatible with the digital DVI-D side of things provided the DVI port has HDCP. Confusing!

You can read the differences between the different DVI connections here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Your best bet is to take the Pioneer back to the store and get them to test the component output for you on one of their TV's.
Then at least you'll know it's working.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Alaric

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

I thought for a second i'd made a noob mistake here....Its been a while since i've fiddled with the set-up !

However i am mirroring the path for the Xbox which comes out on a DVI cable and then into a HDFury which does the D->A conversion as well as HDCP stuff. Which should work fine *Phew*

Alas i didn't get a chance to play with things last night and i'm out tonight, so it'll be wednesday. My other plan is to try the composite route as the barco can do that too....Though the pic will be dire it'll allow me to check/test stuff.

The other option is to take it into the living room and see what i've got on my TV. I think its is mainly scarts though being european

Ta,
Lee
Alaric

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

Ok. The cable turned up yesterday and i had 30mins as dinner was cooking, so i gave it a try. And into the VGA port via the HDfury and instantly a picture apeared.

I went through the settings on the player and it apears that even if HDMI mode is activated, so long as the Digital Clarity feature (turns off the analogue video circuits) in not on (it wasn't) then the composite output is enabled at low res (480p/576I) - So i should have been getting a signal via the composite output on the player !

I'd like to fix this as the box will provide rudimentary switching. Otherwise it is unplug bluray/Xbox and swap when ever i want to use the other....While the back of the kit rack is reasonable easy to get to, this is less than ideal !

Thanks,
Lee
Alaric

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

Well i picked another box off Ebay quite cheaply. Swapped the connections over, turned things on and it works perfectly !

I'll pop the top off and check the settings are the same, but i think my first box has something wrong with it on the component side.....Odd as it powers up and the VGA side works fine !

Ta,
Lee
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee,

Do you mean you found another RTC2200? If you send the old one back to me I can check it out and if needed repair it, I do usually offer a lifetime warranty.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim.

Yep. a 2200 too ! Was on ebay UK for £45 - $80. Bargain so i am very happy with that !

Probably need to have a look at tweaking the gamma on a test disc.

I now have the bluray player in via a DVfury on the VGA and my amp (Yamaha Z9) switching component for the WII and Xbox at 1080i - Switch the bluray player on and it switches to the vga input and overides the amp component feed.

I'll check the settings as users are often at fault - However i may have to return it, if only to sell it on.

Thanks,
Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: