Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

No DVD picture from Barco DLP via Samsung player?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: No DVD picture from Barco DLP via Samsung player? Reply with quote

I'm testing two Barco SLM R6 projectors, big 1280x1024 native 3 chip DLP units running 5K lumens. They're very
well equipped with built-in blending, SDI cards, and multiple DVI in/out cards.

To test the DVI inputs, I'm trying to use a Samsung DVD player, model DV-H841, which is an upscaling player capable of up to 1080i.

I get the Samsung startup screen on the display, but when I try to play a movie I don't even get the menu, not at any
resolution setting, but I do get a blank screen out of the PJ, rather than no screen at all.

Might this be due to an HDCP issue, I'm wondering? Does anyone know?

I don't have another DVI input source available at this time. I guess I'll have to drag a computer home from work
and try it with that.

The projectors appear to be fantastic performers. The lamps are low hours with lots of life left, their built-in blending
capability is really nice, and they're very user friendly to set up and use. I haven't bothered to hook up a PC to them
but it seems that when you do, you can do just about anything with them.

They have presets for every resolution up to 1080p even though that's higher than their native resolution. No problem,
linking two of them together and blending the full image on screen would be trivial.

For my own home theater I'm still stuck on CRTs and ultimate black levels, but I really appreciate playing with big
digitals like these. They're fun. Once they start going to LED lamp sources instead of very expensive, limited life
lamps, they're going to start showing up in places you never imagined.

I've played with first generation 3 chippers before. These newer generation units are so far advanced beyond that
level, it isn't even funny. And I'm not even playing with today's best machines.

When a 3 chip 2K DLP machine makes it into my hands, I'll keep it. I'll MAKE room for it!

CJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: