Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Some news on the TV-ONE scaler and blend units !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone else here using the TV-One VP's? I am finally getting ready to do a rough set up of the blend but the units are not allowing a signal from my LG BH100/BH200 units with out the MUX in the chain. I have the latest firmware which has the HDCP compliance in it.

Well any how this thing puts out 1080p@72 very nicely and I tried 1080p@85 too !! A bit softer but still works. I plan to do it at 800p@96hz !

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal

Last edited by Nashou66 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tv-One guys rock!!! They are looking for an LG Bh100 or BH200 player to find out what they send for HDCP and if they cant find one they will Buy one for testing!

Awesome Guys!!! Would Sony do something like this for thier customer? I doubt it, Just look at the G90 chip problems!

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Honestly if I had the $$$$ I would try to buy every type of whatever a customer was trying to run with my product too.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another update for those who are interested ...I also asked about the Gamma control they said they were planing after someone on AVS posted they said there were no plans... they were wrong ! Very Happy

TV One Support (Europe) wrote:
10/02/2009 15:52:30
Hi Athanasios,

We think the problem might be that the LG players don't like our unit being DVI-only (although HDMI is supposed to be backward compatible with DVI).

We'll try to get a build done of the C2-2250A with an HDMI EDID within it (rather than the DVI one at present), for you to try out. This is likely to be at the end of the week.

Regards,

Richard

And regarding the gamma control i have been asking for.

TV One Support (Europe) wrote:
10/02/2009 15:43:53
Hi Athanasios,
Nope its not locked we just haven written any PC software to allow you to program in your own gamma tables Smile We were waiting for the resources to be available to be able to do this... which we now have. The idea is to allow you to program in your own gamma curve(max 256 points) and to have a on screen manually adjustable curve where you select a point and move it. I assume you wanted these features for R, G and B individually ?

Regards

Rob

I Love the Gamma solution!! I asked for them to add the same type program for CMS or incorporate it to the gamma Program.

Very Happy TV-One rocks !!
Thumbs Up

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so spoiled. I have to come see this!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
You are so spoiled. I have to come see this!

The best thing about this is I am the only one so far who is using a BH200 or BH100 with this unit.... it is like they are building the new firmware just for me... I am spoiled ! Wink

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, After confirming this with Andy in England, I have found an issue with these units that I hope Tv-One will look into. in the blend zone there is a bit depth issue as andy calls it. The blend S-curve is generated from an 8-bit look-up table and it should be a 24 bit to get perfect blend zone , the 8 bit leaves vertical lines on bright scene's here is an 70IRE full field where you can see what i am talking about, it also leave bright bars towards the center of the image. Andy said those can be worked out by contrast modulation which i have not tweaked yet.

Zoom in of vertical lines both PJ's on( disregard non matching colors, i have not tweaked it yet Wink )

bright bars near center and vertical lines in blend zone

Blend Off no Vertical lines(one pj on)

Blend on one PJ vertical lines visible

I am in contact with Tv-One and I hope they are able to resolve this. Lets see what they come up with.

Bob did you notice this at all? Andy and I both confirmed it but he's having some home issues an has been busy with that to post his findings here.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's really doesn't look good, I know you said something about this in chat the other evening. Have you tried to connect to a digital display or CRT computer monitor and does it do the same thing?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyones interested there is a C2-2355 on the bay for auction its at 510 right now and just under 3 hours left. this could be a half way point for a future blend set up and used as very capable scaler to someone now.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

zaphod

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when was the last time someone pointed out exactly how evil you are?

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Firmware released for TV-One C2-2000A series.

http://tvone.CRMdesk.com/answer.aspx?aid=404&back=browse.aspx%3Fscope%3d0%23p9847

C2-2000A firmware version 368: Firmware Version 368.exe

Changes:
1. The HDCP code has been re-written for improved interoperability and to show more status messages, which should help diagnostics.
2. DVI inputs and outputs are now HDMI Audio 48kHz compatible (see HDMI input / output support).
3. Extra source diagnostic menu in 'System' menu to show incoming frequency and number of lines.
4. SDI inputs are now audio-enabled and can feed to a HDMI display.
5. Slight scaling error on right-edge of screen fixed.
6. Occasional YUV input error on C2-2000A fixed.
7. Improved ethernet reliability.

HDMI input/ output support:

For: C2-2000A series units, C2-6000 series units, C2-2375A

These units, with version 368 or above firmware, now support HDMI inputs and outputs (where a DVI output connector is present).

By default, the inputs are set to DVI mode - therefore to change an input to HDMI compatibility, you need to go into 'Adjust sources' and set the 'EDID' to 'HDMI' and not 'DVI'. Store the new setting by holding the menu button in until a beep is heard, and then re-boot the unit. Any new source will then see an HDMI EDID packet and know that it can send HDMI video and audio.

The output is automatically set to HDMI if the display supports this.

To use the audio from an HDMI source, a new menu is present in 'Adjust outputs' called 'Audio emb' that lets you select which audio source to send to the display. By default, this is 'Mute'. Setting it to 'On' then lets you change the audio source, or set it to 'WinA' for it to follow the currently select video source.

For units with SDI inputs, the audio is now de-embedded and can be routed to the output.

The Bold Highlighted text is what interest's me. These unit were suppose to be HDCP compatible but I never got them to see the Moome internal card to allow an HDCP encrypted signal to pass therefore forcing me to use the MUX-HD before to eliminate any HDCP issues. If this release fixes the communication between the TV-One and the Display(VIM-HD) then i can eliminate the MUX-HD and use a normal HDMI splitter which carries Audio. This is important because in this latest Firmware they clain to have at least 48khz audio on the DVI in's and Outs of the TV-One units. This would be the first units with DVI that I know of that can carry HDMI audio even if it is limited to only 48khz

Hopefully I can get the TV-ones to work with HDCP on for input and output.
that is the biggest thing I am hoping for out of this firmware.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

cinema mad

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou just wondering if the HDCP issue you described was ever fixed in the TV-one allowing you to run straight into the moome int cards like you wanted ?...

"These unit were suppose to be HDCP compatible but I never got them to see the Moome internal card to allow an HDCP encrypted signal to pass therefore forcing me to use the MUX-HD before to eliminate any HDCP issues. If this release fixes the communication between the TV-One and the Display(VIM-HD) then i can eliminate the MUX-HD and use a normal HDMI splitter which carries Audio"

Cheers...
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope no Joy there. Still need to use The Mux.

I haven't spent time with the blend for over a month. Sad

Hopefully things will change soon.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested I just saw this on the bay

A dual output C2-7100 Blend unit. Not as high bandwidth as the newer single units but you dont really need it for blending.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-One-C2-7100-Corio2-Video-Processor-tvone-Dual-Channel-Processor-/280853227598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416428284e#ht_520wt_1052

Athanansios

One Smart Dog!!!

VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nash, re the:

> A dual output C2-7100 Blend unit. Not as high bandwidth as the newer single units but you dont really need it for blending. <

Does this mean you can use one dual-output unit, instead of two single-units?

(I see there's another one of these on the bay now with a BIN of $1299, for anyone who's looking.)

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VideoGrabber wrote:
Nash, re the:

> A dual output C2-7100 Blend unit. Not as high bandwidth as the newer single units but you dont really need it for blending. <

Does this mean you can use one dual-output unit, instead of two single-units?

(I see there's another one of these on the bay now with a BIN of $1299, for anyone who's looking.)

Yep thats correct, its a dual engine unit. That is a great Price!!!

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the tvone site, and see that:

"Edge Blending is a standard feature of the C2-7000 series. Because of the ability to ‘feather’ any or all of the edges, multiple images can be aligned vertically, horizontally, or both to create unusual displays. Since it is dual channel, only one unit is required to blend two edges."

Also, I see that you are very fast. And I am very slow. Smile Thanks!

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou et al -

Was any work your requested for aspects of blending on the 2000 series units migrated over to the firmware used on the 7000 series units? The gamma control mentioned above, for example. I presume they never did implement a CMS part...

Matt
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firmware for both series is the same. So all resolutions are there and i never use the standards and make my own using the resolution editor of the res editor built into the PC based control program. it is the easiest way to set up resolutions.

No CMS has been implemented. I haven't been in contact with any engineers for a while. This winter I plan to get back into doing a
thorough set up and calibration. I will ask then when they plan on adding CMS possibly to any new units they plan for the future.
I think if there were enough inquiries they might push the effort to the fore front.

Since they had a 256 point gamma in the original units but never wrote the control protocol for it i think it be easy to add the rest.
Id love to get Lumagen to talk to them for a partnership. Now that be cool! I was thinking of TV-One letting Lumagen access to the the blend zone and then have a special area in the lumagen to do CMS just in the blend zone.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up for another good deal on dual engine C2-7xxx series edge blender on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-One-C2-7210-Corio2-Dual-Ch-11-Input-Video-Processor-/321126809632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac4a64020

This one is special because it has HD SDI.

Nice unit for even as scaler use only if your not into blending, it will give you PIP and scaling of that PIP to any size , res, etc.

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: