Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Continued Blending of the Longbow's & Now 9 " Swap!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
AnalogRocks wrote:
We should get a game of Longbow going AFTER you get them blended. I can't remember what year it came out but it would be fun on a 12 foot wide screen. Thumbs Up

You Mean this one?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/ah64dlongbow/images/0/1/?tag=thumbs_below;thumb;1

nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Second LongBow up!!! Reply with quote

Ok , I really messed up my back putting up the first LongBow and adjusting it to the screen.
I messed up and had to drop it and move the mount then drop it and adjust again.
Now for the second LongBow it was much easier as I learned from my first PJ install , Once I
start the alignment we'll see how close i got Wink. Also when I took down the original PJ in the
theater the M8000 i had the top mount section totally wrong!!! Upside down and facing the
wrong way, i got it with no rope and not together so i had no reference back then.
The new Mount was all together and with rope so it was the correct way from the get go.

Well i took some pics of LongBow # two going up:

M8000 still up and the area for the 2nd LB being prepped

And there she is next to her twin:

View from the back row:

two PJ's side by side make the screen look smaller, 140 inch wide 16x9. it will get cropped
to 2.40 screen using the black material William K sold awhile back.

Well this week i'll try to align the 2nd LB and run the cabling to the Cabinet
and get the medical Grade Iso transformer mounted in the ceiling above the
Tiles . Once again i messed up my back and another month of recouperation
will be needed ! Embarassed

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you going to align those? That is way out of my range as far as home theater is concerned. Looks like the lens flapping will be a nightmare. I wish you luck and want to see pictures, maybe those will get me fired up to do the same.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkruger wrote:
How are you going to align those? That is way out of my range as far as home theater is concerned. Looks like the lens flapping will be a nightmare. I wish you luck and want to see pictures, maybe those will get me fired up to do the same.

Aligning is not that hard now that I have one set up to the right spot on the screen, the second one on the right will have to measure the same width image wise and height wise, when i moved them from the floor up top i altered the distance so i would use just a smidgen less phosphor. this way i now have more room to play with if the image is too small on the screen so i wont have to up top and move the unistrut back. but the pulley mounts have nice ability to move the PJ side to side or twist is more like it. The Pj's tilt a bit downward, about 1 inch from front to back. I could lower the back more to keep the PJ's level but then the pick moves up the screen and the back row of seat will have them in the way. So i had to sacrifice the use of a bit more keystone that i want to. It really wont matter as these 8 inch tubes will be driven hard as i have a large supply of 9 inchers for later use Very Happy

The Lens flapping is the part i do not like doing, especially for the blend, You want to keep the inside middle zone shaper and you know how it is, you sacrifice for all edges to be close. But I decided to make sure the inside edges are sharpest and will sacrifice the outer edges if need be. But i know it can be done if I take my time or just keep doing it over and over. One thing forgot to do was swap out the red to blue tubes. I am not sure what I need to swap cable wise, I know the red and blue video cables But not sure if anything else. I'll figure it out. Wink

Thanks for wishing me Luck as I know i'll need it

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I worked on the Schiemflug last night and tonight, then did a global focus and another convergence, I still have an area in the bottom of the blend zone I just cant converge!!! I tried everything, s linearity, c linearity, skew,keystone top bottom keystone, V bow,H bow, Bottom Pin nothing would get those points to converge and also on the right PJ , where the convergence is giving me sh*t i can not get the left bottom to go flat, I get a hump, I tried Green convergence to straighten it out but no go. I will try an initialization when I have time on that PJ and start over. I wish we could get
more points of convergence. Oh well. I still have not done ant blend zone colorimetry work yet as I want to get the alignment down perfect before i go crazy in that section. Scott mentioned some bad convergence yokes making into some sets, i wonder if that could be it on this PJ?

One thing I discovered with this set up is because the proximity of the PJ to screen and angle i have to allow for the rear row to see the whole top of the image. I had to remove the red caps on the Schiemflug adjusters to allow proper focus on the bottom left corners. But I have to say I have become very good at this. Once i figured out exactly what each turn of the screws did in and out and to what part of the screen they altered i was able to do a tube in about 10 minutes. First one took a good hour Very Happy I should have taken notes on this, i'll probably revisit these again so then i'll take nots on what i did but in the dark its not that easy to document it all.

So here are some screenies of Twilight. this Movie was shot with extremely grainy film for effect and it also has a grey cast to it overall, like muted colors with bright colors here and there. I watched this on my M8000 before and never noticed the film grain, i always thought it was just a bad transfer, not too sharp. but on this setup i can see the grain
clear as day.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Last edited by Nashou66 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but I'm using the DVE test disc pattern with the alphabet top bottom and both sides for flapping and it has made it real easy. You can see right away if the letters and symbols are doing what you want right as you do the flapping.

Trying to give back

Dave

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna come play. Smile
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:
I wanna come play. Smile

LOL, I do need a second set of eyes and brains for this. Getting the alignment is not easy. i am sure i probably could still do more critical physical alignment of the twins, and that would help most likely in convergence and other areas of geometry, And if I said SCREW the last row I could lower the PJ's a bit more, and raise the image hight and have almost no keystone.

I'll let ya know when i can get some free time Cliffster. it be great to have a hand with the final stages of the set up, but if i know you you'd make me tear it all down and start over !

EDIT, I also realize i need a super flat screen, the pull down Da Lite just isn't up to the task.

nashou!!!

One Smart Dog!!!

Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athanasios, does Twilight Bluray play 100% smooth for you?

On my PC, Twilight has occasional jerks, despite the video renderer reporting no dropped or delayed frames.

There is one in the meadow scene, where the camera sort of spirals in on them as they lie down.

Only Twilight has this issue, my other blurays are fine. Mine is the Aussie version, but the encode should be the same (no NTSC vs PAL crap anymore).

It looks to me like the jerks are encoded in the transfer, not playback problems - hence the question.

Mark

PS. I have two XG-LCs now Smile Need a cheap way to blend, and a bigger room/screen...
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed it when i watched it that one time, and I did not go that far into the movie as i only have video hooked up and not audio now for setting up the blend. I will rewire it all this week and put the ceiling back together.

Just sell a bunch of stuff on Ebay and get a couple Tv-Ones !!!

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

antorsae

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great progress Athanasios!
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:
I wanna come play. Smile

ME Too!!!! Thumbs Up

View user's photo album (3 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:
overclkr wrote:
I wanna come play. Smile

ME Too!!!! Thumbs Up

Come on up you can help us out !!

I realize i need a flat screen and a unity gain screen to really get the most out of the set up.
So I am going to go ahead and order a Hurly lace and grommet screen 2.4 aspect ratio 13 foot wide (a foot wider than my rig is set for so i can later on go bigger when I re tube with the 9 inchers Very Happy ) So I am going to have to build a frame to tension the screen and then build the frame for the current size I have with the capability to easily remove it and just make a new frame for the 13 foot 2.4 aspect screen.

Andre wrote:
Great progress Athanasios!

Thanks Andre, hurry up with that program to automate the color set up on the Marquee!!
And don't forget to add in the Zone contrast modulation adjustment!!! Very Happy

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me three!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
overclkr wrote:
I wanna come play. Smile

ME Too!!!! Thumbs Up

Come on up you can help us out !!

Athanasios

Dude, you call it. I get my ticker fixed on 11/16 and after that i should be good as new!

Your setup looks great and it sounds like a good time!

Thumbs Up

View user's photo album (3 photos)
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_A_W wrote:

PS. I have two XG-LCs now Smile Need a cheap way to blend, and a bigger room/screen...

Humm...I smell a software blend perhaps? Maybe we should bring alive the old "Cheaper by the Dozen" thread...Before the issue was getting source material to the PC. That's not a problem anymore.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=692824

Mike

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep seeing the NVidia cards come up all the time. What model is used for blending?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
I keep seeing the NVidia cards come up all the time. What model is used for blending?

Ask Andre in Spain, He is using them now for an experiment he's working on. I think he has the blendzilla too, but for this project he needs to use the PC based video cards till he writes the software that lets the PC work with any outboard edge blend scaler. i hope it works and can't wait to try it.

nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all that info Andre, I love the 1:1 pixel mapping on the TV one, it automatically does the correct zooming for the set up. I think you should try these units. Ask the Tv-One guys in england if they have any loaner units, you just pay with a CC and send them back when your done testing, all it really cost to you is the interest each month on the Credit Card and that depends on how long you keep the units plush shipping charges.

I can't wait till you get the G2 adjustments for the Marquee written.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

antorsae

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% OK about the thread split.

Question for Athanasios: did TV-ONE finally implement gamma LUTs? I was talking to Rob about this but never got a definitive answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22
Jump to: