Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sim2 ht250 dlp problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daves123

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Sim2 ht250 dlp problems Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've got a low hour Sim2 ht250 dlp projector with some issues. No inputs work except for component, and the component input has tons of diagonal lines running down the screen. I've plugged it into a power conditioner, and tried multiple locations in the house, thinking there might be a problem with interference, to no avail. The pj is unwatchable, and i'd like to get some use out of it. Has anyone seen anything like this with a digital before?
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the Component input is working? Strange.
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the projector display its internal menus perfectly?

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
daves123

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the internal menus display fine. And all of the inputs seem dead, except for component. I thought maybe the firmware was corrupt, so I got in touch with Sim, and they sent me a new firmware, I flashed it, and no change. I figure it's got to be the input board, but they want $500 for a new board, and the projector isn't really worth that imo.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is whats happens sometimes when someone goes into the service menu and changes things that they dont know what they are for. Do you have any history from the person you got it from?
daves123

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, no history. It was an ebay purchase a couple of years ago.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its my understanding that if you contact Sim they will give the procedure to enter the service menu. If you wanted to give it a shot. just make sure you write down all settings before you change anything. Looks for things like frequency or phase or horz oscillation. Make sure you have a low resolution on the component input since it is giving you something.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably not easy to get to, and it's probably more serious, but have you tried cracking the case to see if, perhaps there's a ribbon cable loose, pinched, or perhaps a bus connector not secure?

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
daves123

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try contacting Sim about the service menu. Would that explain the inputs that don't work, as well as the noise in the picture?

I have opened the case up, reseated cables, I even tried a new IDE cable on the input board, and nothing worked.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daves123 wrote:
Would that explain the inputs that don't work, as well as the noise in the picture?

It is possible but remember this is a last ditch attempt seeing you dont want to go the costly route. It could very well be a board problem. But the possibility is there that someone went into the service menu to make some gray scale adjustments and changed a setting for sync and lost the picture and didn't know how to get it back. I've seen that before.
daves123

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Sim asking for the service code. Thanks for the info, I didn't even think about the service menu.

I am willing to go the board route, i've been looking for a parts projector for about 2 years, with no luck. You don't see too many of these up for sale.
daves123

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, they got back to me and told me to enter the service menu you must quickly press the dot button and the info button on the remote, then enter 1117 when it asks for the password. This doesn't work for me. All I get is the projector info screen, I tried it about 40 times. So, I emailed them back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: