Some source devices have REALLY good tech support (Oppo, Lumagen). Others don't. I've searched the internet. I'm connecting a HD OTA box to a Lumagen HDP Pro and want to get all the settings correct. I think I know what the standards are but not all sources follow the standards. I'm trying to determine:
1) When using an HDMI to DVI cable what color space does the OTA box convert to? It should be RGB. Is it?
2) Is the color space the same for all resolutions?
3) Does the color space change when the OTA box switches from an HD program to an SD program?
4) What black level does the HDMI output? Should be 7.5 IRE. Does it convert it to 0 IRE when using an HDMI to DVI cable?
5) Are any of the answers different if I was using the component outputs (less desirable).
6) Is any of the answers different if I use an HDMI to HDMI cable into a switcher and how can I tell?
7) Of course the answer to any of these questions begs the last question which is; What should I set the Lumagen input for?
All these questions could be answered easily if there was a device that could be connected to the source that could enumerate not only the resolution and frequency but also, black level and color space. Is there any way to get that information from the Lumagen? Is there any device that can mimic the Lumagen's EDID and report the results?
I know many of these questions are probably unanswerable for sure so, does anyone even have a "most likely" answer? BTW, if you haven't noticed, I HATE digital handshakes and HDCP The root of video evil! _________________ MAIN THEATER: (BG808; Oppo DV980H DVD; Samsung DTB-H260F HD OTA; Yamaha RX-V2400; MUX-HD; Lumagen HDP Pro)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum