Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Man Cave Security

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Man Cave Security Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well, I know most of you probably have a significant other in your lives and the need to keep [evil] women in their place has never been more important in the Man Cave. Being that my Man Cave is the basement, I was wondering how all of you are handling security down there in terms of doors, windows, monitoring, etc?

Mr. Green

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADT. while they have their faults they seem to be the best around here. motion sensors in the open areas, one very sensitive in the batcave, door sensors, window sensors and so on.

police departments are sometimes not attending one alert (say a door or window) because those have a high occurence of being false alarms. i think that a broken window or door has a high incidence of being a smash and grab. adding motion sensors to the mix means multiple alerts for the same break-in and better police attendance.

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the prices they are at now. put in a hard drive camera system. The cameras are dirt cheap, the DVRs are as well, but don't skimp on the DVR. A restaurant chain I know went with the low bidder for the systems, and they were putting together their own DVRs with the lowest quality parts possible, including sh*t hard drives. The one time they needed info from one store regarding employee theft, the HD had crashed, and had no info on it.

Being a victim of 'low bid' too often as a supplier when others undercut me, I laughed my ass off.Smile
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the middle of f*cking nowhere, half a mile from the road, and hidden beyond two other houses and a business building. I don't even bother to lock my doors...

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perisoft wrote:
I live in the middle of f*cking nowhere, half a mile from the road, and hidden beyond two other houses and a business building. I don't even bother to lock my doors...
But who else in Ithaca cares about CRTs?

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Man Cave Security Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
Well, I know most of you probably have a significant other in your lives and the need to keep [evil] women in their place has never been more important in the Man Cave. Being that my Man Cave is the basement, I was wondering how all of you are handling security down there in terms of doors, windows, monitoring, etc?

Mr. Green

Who needs security, it's pitch black. If you go into the man cave without knowledge of exactly where everything is you will likely be lost forever Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Chris.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
perisoft wrote:
But who else in Ithaca cares about CRTs?

This guy.

That's why it's important that my house isn't visible from the road! Very Happy

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a bag that size he could steal a submarine

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Person99

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Man Cave Security Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:

Mr. Green

It seems that you are not worried about nefarious strangers as the respondents in this thread seem to think. You appear to be concerned with securimg the room from those that live with you--the ones that you are purported to care about.

If this is the case, I don't think many of us share your dilemma as we don't live with people we don't trust.

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station....
View user's photo album (1 photos)
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hired Smith-Wesson and they brought their friend Ruger. Mr. Green

Aside from them, we have attack cats!!! Shocked

wallace

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: