Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sconces

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Sconces Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
What are you using if you have them in your theater? Are they installed as-is, did you modify them for better results, and do you have pictures of them, and nothing else on, in your theater?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made my own. Here's a link to some pics on the A site. It just consists of a plasic outlet box mounted sideways on the wall with an outlet facing upward, a bulb socket plug to go into the outlet so you can screw a little 40 watt bulb into it, and then a few 12" X 12" sheets of lexan as the surround with my choice of designs cut out of vinyl from the local sign shop. Not hard....and really cheap.........just like me!!!! Thumbs Up

Here's the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14257904#post14257904

Doc
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like art deco here are a few nice designs...

http://images.google.com/images?q=art+deco+sconces&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Sh-HSuf8OIbSsQODt5CpBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=8
akajester

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My basement was done "on the cheap". I bought these for $15 at menards and sprayed them flat black. They look great and blend into the burgundy walls nicely.

http://shop.menards.com/LightingFans/WallLights/SingleLight/PRD_3001129SL8530-prod/1Light+Banded+Ceramic+Wall+Sconce.jsp

-akajester
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dochlywd wrote:
I just made my own. Here's a link to some pics on the A site. It just consists of a plasic outlet box mounted sideways on the wall with an outlet facing upward, a bulb socket plug to go into the outlet so you can screw a little 40 watt bulb into it, and then a few 12" X 12" sheets of lexan as the surround with my choice of designs cut out of vinyl from the local sign shop. Not hard....and really cheap.........just like me!!!! Thumbs Up

Here's the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14257904#post14257904

Doc

I am not a registered member of the A site and don't plan on being one any time soon. As such, it will not let me view them.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akajester wrote:
My basement was done "on the cheap". I bought these for $15 at menards and sprayed them flat black. They look great and blend into the burgundy walls nicely.

http://shop.menards.com/LightingFans/WallLights/SingleLight/PRD_3001129SL8530-prod/1Light+Banded+Ceramic+Wall+Sconce.jsp

-akajester
FYI, they are now three times what you paid for them.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that! Got ya covered!

Doc

cutecouple.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.91 KB
 Viewed:  8754 Time(s)

cutecouple.jpg

sconce2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.27 KB

sconce2.jpg

sconce1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.08 KB

sconce1.jpg

akajester

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
akajester wrote:

-akajester
FYI, they are now three times what you paid for them.

Actually, they were always that price on the website and cheaper in-store. Not sure why or if they are slightly different. The in-store ones were ceramic.

-akajester
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akajester wrote:

Actually, they were always that price on the website and cheaper in-store. Not sure why or if they are slightly different. The in-store ones were ceramic.

Yeah, well - the other ones are tantalum, so there you go.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba-doom *ksh*! Thank you folks, thank you, Peri will be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All week? Hell, I've got a five year engagement. The joint must be desperate...
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: