Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

New product/services brainstorming

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: New product/services brainstorming Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys,

I think that I probably have provided at least half of the front projector CRT users with transcoders of various kinds and it looks like this market is drying up. Therefore I would like to get some input on other needs in the cummunity. This can extend to but may not be limited to small audio type circuits, other video circuits, high voltage high frequency video driver modules that may become obsolete etc. etc.

My expertise is definately in the analog and high frequency area, I can do digital but nothing really big as I am not quite set up for that.

Any idea is welcome.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet a simple Blend unit with input switching would be interesting and a challenge for you at the same time Wink Also this would be used in the commercial market too if you market it right.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes what ever happened to that analog blending box?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far that box went nowhere. On that subject, there is one question I need answered: is it possible to stretch half a picture to a full frame.
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beun wrote:
So far that box went nowhere. On that subject, there is one question I need answered: is it possible to stretch half a picture to a full frame.

You mean through analog aspect control?

CRT.

HD done right!
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in order to keep the blend box simple I can create a crossover halfway in the picture with one side of it black (right side for the left projector and left side for the right projector). I can also shift the whole picture like I do for the TC1600 transcoder. All the projector now has to do is to stretch the half picture on each projector to fill up the whole frame. Somewhere on the source side the aspect ratio has to be controlled so this would work best with a HTPC or some scaler.
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you get away with using the projectors controls to stretch it horizontally?

CRT.

HD done right!
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be an over lap that fades, so you'll need more than half an image, maybe 60%. the way my C2-2250 works is it zooms a normal aspect image. then you shift it over to either the left or right side depending on PJ its being displayed on.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the projectors are used for stretching, I was just wondering if they could stretch that far. The source has to be used to create the wider than normal aspect ratio.

You are right, there needs to be some amount of overlap between the two sides and I would like to make the overlap function to be programmable as well.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apart from the blend unit, any other ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: