Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: Marquee HD Mods by DraganM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
WTS wrote:
Looking at the 2 different versions of neckboard schematics I have it does show 160V caps .
yup, your looking at the new VDC neck-board designed by Scott, He's really smart. Very Happy I have never actually seen a VDC marquee except for pictures posted by Nash. so far, no one has sent me VDC boards to work on chances are they never will. Almost everyone is running 8500's/9500's from 1995 to 1998 or 1999. VDC bought the product line in mid/early 2000?
So basically, even though a lot of people here don't think my work is an upgrade, I feel like I'm bringing the older marquee's up to a newer standard. I don't know if Scott has worked on the other modules or not, but i'm betting they all suffer from the same problems as the original neck-cards.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
this is one reason why I beleive people with the MP video chain are seeing an improvement. In those cases the VNB cap has already been upgraded by Mike. However, all the additional filtering de-coupling he does is not 100%, IMO it can't be 100% because a filter is just a filter, some crap gets by.

I believe i can best answer this, because this thread kills me with the amount of technical speculation that goes on. As a rule, it's not good to speculate when your discussing things technical. Nor should your speculate on what someone else is doing.

This is what I'm doing on each neck board:

- Replace all three driver semiconductors (two transistors, one IC) with different types and case styles.

- replace the two +/- 5v tants with tants.

- replace the two +/- 85v inductors.

- replace/change FB3 with different value inductor bead.

- add 2 each 4.7uf tants.

- replace/change 1uf caps.

- add variable capacitor.

- replace/change 8 resistors.

- add poly coupling capacitor.

- add 1uf cap

- add 2 each 4.7uf electrolytics

- add 2 each 10uf or 33uf tants.

- add 10uf poly capacitor.

- add tuned inductance network to couple the drivers.

- remove the two black filament wires and mount on the bottom of the board.

and on some versions of the Mikrons, I'm using inductors on the +/- 5v rails that are soldered on the multi-pin connector.
to include 3 inductors that replace three resistor on control lines.

I also replace the 2 each 22uf capacitors that are on the +/- 85v rails, but not always. If they have the 160v from the factory, I leave them in there.

Quote:
all the additional filtering de-coupling he does is not 100%

How can you rightfully say this, and why do you always say things like this without knowing for sure?

Here's what I do for noise. I own and have used 2 quad Tektronix oscilloscopes. I also own and use a Sencore waveform analyzer. I purchased a Tektronix TDS 310 digital scope to look at pulses. I have also two spectrum analyzers. And a host of other test gear.

With the above test gear I'm able to look at any and all noise anywhere in the Marquee, and that's why I have filtered G2 voltage coming out of my HVPS.

I have 100% been able to isolate noise and eliminate it from being a problem. The only thing I've not been able to do is rule out the noise in some of the chassis. This was a problem that we had with Williams (and some others) 9000 chassis. Not sure why, but replacing the main PCB made that problem go away.

There are only 3 main sources for noise on the Marquee chassis. And changing ONLY caps will not diminish it. It requires a combination of caps and inductors. And that combination depends on the frequency of the noise. No amount of capping alone will decrease or make it go away.

In order to get the boards to properly resolve 1080P /60 and /70hz, lowering or eliminating the noise is a must. Without doing that, the one on/off pixels will not register on the pattern. s being clear/clean.

So when I'm able to display 1080P 72hz as clean as i have been able to do, it's because I've greatly reduced or have eliminated the noise. the amount of components I've listed on the neck boards alone shows that, though they all are not for noise lowering only.

Because I have taking a previously designed circuit and has pushed it beyond what it was originally designed for, I had incurred some potential problems on some of the boards, not all. And in my quest to lower that external noise, that's when I got into the use of special components, networks and decoupling.

I won't even go into what I'm doing on a Mikron VIM...

Now, I hope this removes the speculation. And I hope in the future that rather than speculate about what's going on, because it's always best to ask the person who has made this happen.

I really hope this thread can get to a place where there would be no need to keep bringing up what I'm doing, especially since the people who keeps doing this does not have first hand experience or any known knowledge of what I've been doing. Or the results from what I've been doing. When that can happen, there would be no need what-soever for me to post in this thread.

Again, I think the cap replacement is a good thing. However, based on my 15 year experience with the Marquee, I can't see how you can get the claimed performance just from only changing caps. If that was the case, I've wasted a lot of money on test gear that was specifically purchased to make changes to the Marquee, and a ton of components and time to install them.

I'm not out to bash, belittle or degrade what's is going on here. I wish dragen the best. I only hope the non supported claims about what I'm doing can stop being posted here. That is the only reason I've been posting in this thread.

I wish dragen the best. But a word of wisdom when trying to promote something that you're doing - stay away from blowing your own horn. let others do that for you, especially when it involves something that someone else is doing...

bye!
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
draganm wrote:
this is one reason why I beleive people with the MP video chain are seeing an improvement. In those cases the VNB cap has already been upgraded by Mike. However, all the additional filtering de-coupling he does is not 100%, IMO it can't be 100% because a filter is just a filter, some crap gets by.

How can you rightfully say this, and why do you always say things like this without knowing for sure?
I don't know for sure, that's why I said IMO = in my opinion. I'm speculating because I'm having a hard time believing all my customers are hallucinating and seeing a picture quality improvement that isn't really there.

mp20748 wrote:
Here's what I do for noise. I own and have used 2 quad Tektronix oscilloscopes. I also own and use a Sencore waveform analyzer. I purchased a Tektronix TDS 310 digital scope to look at pulses. I have also two spectrum analyzers. And a host of other test gear. With the above test gear I'm able to look at any and all noise anywhere in the Marquee, and that's why I have filtered G2 voltage coming out of my HVPS. I have 100% been able to isolate noise and eliminate it from being a problem. !
ok, so you've gone over the VNB's and VIM with a fine tooth comb and nailed those suckers down with 9 inch nails. They're perfect and noise free.
What are people seeing then after having the FDC boards re-built? I mean if even one person wrote back and said "hey your work looks nice but I don't see any difference on the screen" I would be questioning this process too.
If I take 2 HDM's to work, one stock and 1 re-built ,scoped them and posted pics of the waveforms would that help here?

mp20748 wrote:
I wish dragen the best. But a word of wisdom when trying to promote something that you're doing - stay away from blowing your own horn. let others do that for you, especially when it involves something that someone else is doing...
bye!
i've been trying to let others speak for the work but it's difficult when even their testimony and credibility is questioned. I come to this thread for equal doses of anger, deperession, and disapointment.I don't like the things that have been said and I don't like a lot of the things I've said either. It's a shame really, you'd think a hobby this small could accomodate more than one point of view. Sad
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Drag. I had no intentions of making you feel bad about what your doing. I believe these old caps are failing and think that what you are offering is great. Thumbs Up
WTS

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drag,
Where to start? Interesting to say the least that EH let a problem like that go for over 6 years of production and never had any service notes/complaints on the problem . The actual costs for them to use the right cap at the time would have been pennies per cap and if was only the VNB then I can’t see that being the make or break point. Yes I realize the accountants like to play games with the designers but I doubt this was the case, but you never know I suppose. And yes I have worked in that type of environment before so I know all about costs etc. or should I say I used to know.

Okay, so as far as the circuit at question goes and I haven’t really studied this circuit, Scott would probably be the guy to answer this, so I’m just flying half blind on this at the moment of glancing at the schematics. I’m not sure what you mean by filter cap configuration with respect to this circuit. On the 85V supply line(s) there is an inductor and said cap, these form a filter (LC) for the 85V supply voltage for the VNBs, I would think this would be sufficient but of course that depends on the condition of the raw supply. The 400 ohm resistor has nothing to do with the supply voltage, what it does is the limit the current to the second base of the transistor(s) for biasing would be my guess (as I’ve never worked with dual base transistors before).

Also, unless I’m mistaken the HDM doesn’t use the -85V supply so I don’t see how it could impart a ripple current into the -85V supply. From a quick look at the HDM circuit this is not a push/pull circuit so I don’t know what you’re trying to get at with that one or are you looking at something else?

Having a metal cover over the VNB could be a problem for heat buildup but I assume they used the metal for RF shielding purposes. Yes I can leakage increasing as the temp limits are reached for long periods.

Again I don’t know why you think the HDM is the cause all this and saying it is giving better contrast ratios is way out in left field. Each of the boards has PS decoupling circuits to prevent crosstalk through the supplies.

Yes of course a better cap can reduce noise to a point, but the cap needs to be designed to deal with the high frequencies that are being used in the SMPS and not just any EL cap will do the job. As far as getting caps with higher ripple rating isn’t the cure all, the inductors used in the PS circuits are there to also cut down the ripple currents.

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to discuss this from an electronics point of view but I think you’re getting in way over your technical level, hell keep this up and I'm going to have to resort to my old text books for a refresher course on all the theory.

WTS

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drag,

No the schematics that I have are not VDCs, they don't have a date on them but they're from Canada and they say Christie and Electrohome.

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott told me that the HDM is the largest source of noise in the PJ due to the 1000 + volts it can generate . I was looking for the PM he sent me about cleaning up the stability on the CVA and how much cleaner the image will "appear" due to the lines not bouncing and causing it to blur , but must have erased it. He never said it would clean up the Video signal but that it would just make the image appear sharper due to the fact the scan lines are not jumping all around.
Any one can see this by just walking up to the screen with a Grid pattern showing, you will see the lines moving, now go back and disconnect the convergence coils from the CVA( NOT THE VDM!!!) and the grids will be rock solid. this is then where he told me there is lots more you can do to the CVA to make the image "appear" sharper.

Also Drag I agree with Walter there is no 85 line on the HDM.

You can easily see all the flyback noise on the chasis by scoping the ground anyplace on the set, its always there and impossible to get rid of, Scott told me
that it happens to occur during the retrace so it isn't very important to clean up, and using longer retrace timings helps out anyhow.

The main thing I notice with changing the caps and the resitors on the CVA was a more stable grid lines compared to stock,they still move but not as much, but like Scott said there is lots more room for improvement there, and using inductors on the convergance amps supply and possible smoothing out the convergence signal pulses will eliminate that movement, he did not tell me what to do but just nudged me in that direction, hes kinda like Mr. Miagi from the karate kid, wax on wax off !! Wink

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main section of the HDM operates from the same +85 volt rail that supplies the neck boards.

This +85 volt supply is what operates and supplies the deflection power mosfets. It is first fed to a "MOD" circuit that determines the amount of voltage that feeds the power mosfets (mounted on the heat sink). It varies depending on band and scan rate. The +85 volt supply is also decoupled with L2 (25uh inductor) and C50 into the Mod circuit.

The noise on the HDM comes from what is transmitted (sweep pulse) outside of the aluminum slot that the board fits in. In can be seen quite easily in the green and blue CRT's because they are nearest the the board.

The other source of noise comes from C50 when/if it leaks (mentioned in the Marquee maintenance thread). When that cap leaks, it can cause noise on the +85 volt rail.

other than those two sources, that HDM is a solid performer, that's well behaved noise wise, mainly because the "MOD" circuit isolates the sweep pulse voltage from the rest of the projector.

The ONLY cap that leaks on the HDM is C50. Or it's the only one I've ever found to leak or go bad. It's the only one changed on my Ultra. My Ultra has over 40k hours on it.

So yes, there is 85 volts on the HDM.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike your right its on PC12 pin 31!! how did I miss that!!! Doh !!!

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

WTS

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'll reread my post I said "-85V" meaning the negative side. Yes the same +85V is used by both the HDM and VNBs, but Drags assumption was it was the ripple on +/-85V rails that was killing the VNBs and that it was originating at the HDM. That's why I said there is no -85V on the HDM so how could it be corrupted to the point where is was doing harm to the caps/resistors on the VNBs. Also don't forget that the 85 V rails are isolated from each section by using the LC filters, these help reject any ripple currents entering.

I didn't really go over the HDM schematics thoroughly so I guess I missed the 1000V circuits, then again maybe I have an incomplete set of schematics too.

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTS wrote:
If you'll reread my post I said "-85V" meaning the negative side. Yes the same +85V is used by both the HDM and VNBs, but Drags assumption was it was the ripple on +/-85V rails that was killing the VNBs and that it was originating at the HDM. That's why I said there is no -85V on the HDM so how could it be corrupted to the point where is was doing harm to the caps/resistors on the VNBs. Also don't forget that the 85 V rails are isolated from each section by using the LC filters, these help reject any ripple currents entering.

I didn't really go over the HDM schematics thoroughly so I guess I missed the 1000V circuits, then again maybe I have an incomplete set of schematics too.

the schematics dont tell you it but the service manual I think mentions the Width coils can have 1000+ VDC, But
it was Scott who told me about that. Also doesnt the deflection coils use a very high amount as well, they might be one in the same its been a few months since i have read the service manual, for A time there it was my main reading material Wink

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTS wrote:

but Drags assumption was it was the ripple on +/-85V rails that was killing the VNBs and that it was originating at the HDM. That's why I said there is no -85V on the HDM so how could it be corrupted to the point where is was doing harm to the caps/resistors on the VNBs.

I guess assumption is referring to the resistors and caps (22uf / 100vcd) that have been a problem. The problem with the resistors showing burnt leads has nothing to do with the +/- voltage supply. It's a heat related problem, that usually shows up on the Marquees that are in 24/7 operations. It's rare to find the burnt leads on neck boards that were in common use. And if so, they were Marquee that was operating in very HOT environments.

[quote]Also don't forget that the 85 V rails are isolated from each section by using the LC filters, these help reject any ripple currents entering.

Yep, that is why the cap/inductor is there. It's purpose is to block noise from leaving that MOD circuit and getting onto the +85 volt rail. So if C50 is not leaking, there's really no noise problem at all coming from the HDM, other than what radiates from the sweep pulse out to the tubes/neck boards.

If you examine the deflection and convergence boards operation and voltage supply, L2 in the HDM is a clear indicator that the Electrohome engineers was on top of anything coming from any of those boards leaking back onto the DC rails - that was apparently well thought out based on the use of L2 and C50 LC filtering network.

Let me also say something else on filtering and caps, and this was a lesson I got directly from Scott himself:

Why the focus seems to always be about caps and rail filtering. That's not always a good thing to do. Or should i say it's not always good to focus only on the rails with special, better or larger value caps. That may be the case with audio circuits, but with video, the focus should be on "DECOUPLING."

Decoupling is usually interstage or stage to stage, but the best is right at the chip itself. This is where it becomes an art, because you'll usually end up with 3 to 7 caps on each chips +/- supply. And because we're pushing the chips for the best bandwidth performance, it will usually operate right at it's limit. When that happens, it's near being un-stable or operating near a state of also being an oscillator. The goal becomes balancing the chip between best bandwidth and lowest noise (oscillation). This is accomplished with selecting the right combination of caps to place right at the chips supply.

Once a video circuit is basically filtered with caps on the rails, that's really all that's needed. For better performance overall, you'll have to focus on the proper chip types and associated surrounding components. And the most important components for video performance is Decoupling and the right combination of by-pass caps.

Quote:
didn't really go over the HDM schematics thoroughly so I guess I missed the 1000V circuits, then again maybe I have an incomplete set of schematics too.

The 1000v circuits is what drives the deflection coils. On the Marquee, they did an excellent design with that HDM. The only noise problem from one that has a good C50, is they did not pay too much attention to the sweep pulse being radiated to the tubes. And no amount of caps can correct that. It's a location RF/HF shielding issue.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 1000v circuits is what drives the deflection coils. On the Marquee, they did an excellent design with that HDM. The only noise problem from one that has a good C50, is they did not pay too much attention to the sweep pulse being radiated to the tubes. And no amount of caps can correct that. It's a location RF/HF shielding issue.

Yepp that is what Scott told me also, and the fact that most of the noise is in the retrace sweep its not noticed.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

draganm

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTS wrote:
Drag,
Where to start? Interesting to say the least that EH let a problem like that go for over 6 years of production and never had any service notes/complaints on the problem . The actual costs for them to use the right cap at the time would have been pennies per cap and if was only the VNB then I can’t see that being the make or break point. Yes I realize the accountants like to play games with the designers but I doubt this was the case, but you never know I suppose. And yes I have worked in that type of environment before so I know all about costs etc. or should I say I used to know..
hard to say then? I didn't know the original E-home christy schematic calls for a 160V cap? This case is not unique though AFA poorly manufactured/executed circuits in the machine. A good example is the heater voltage P14 circuit in the LVPS, it calls for 6.35VDC but came with an adjustment range of 12volts. They also used a cheap Mexican trim pot which drifted and killed thousands of tubes from late 1995 to early 1997.

WTS wrote:
Also, unless I’m mistaken the HDM doesn’t use the -85V supply so I don’t see how it could impart a ripple current into the -85V supply. From a quick look at the HDM circuit this is not a push/pull circuit so I don’t know what you’re trying to get at with that one or are you looking at something else?.
I think I meat to say switching power supply in general. I believe the noise or ripple is caused by the transistors and as the switching frequncy increases so does the ripple current.

WTS wrote:
Yes of course a better cap can reduce noise to a point, but the cap needs to be designed to deal with the high frequencies that are being used in the SMPS and not just any EL cap will do the job. As far as getting caps with higher ripple rating isn’t the cure all, the inductors used in the PS circuits are there to also cut down the ripple currents.
I appreciate the fact that you are trying to discuss this from an electronics point of view but I think you’re getting in way over your technical level, hell keep this up and I'm going to have to resort to my old text books for a refresher course on all the theory.
yes it's over the very limited technical undertsanding I have of this stuff in general but something is happening after these parts are replaced. Nichikon does market caps designed specifically for switching power supply's ,This is what i'm installing.
Quote:
"The low ESR and high ripple current ratings make it ideal for output filtering applications in switching power supplies".

I'm sure MP is right that de-coupling is a great way to isolate noise, but does that mean it's the only way? Does it mean that a high quality cap specifically designed for that applicaion, one that is a 10 year leap forward in technology from the generic cap used by eletrohome, will have zero effect?
Also, why would C50 be the only cap that leaks? Look at the little caps at C29 and C32, these fail often and give the "pulsating raster width"problem occasionaly reported on the forum. Also, the 6 x 3300uf caps at C89,C59,C28, etc. which if I recall drive the sweep. These are usually swollen and bulging on the boards i've seen so far. Especially on the later boards with the little black caps.
IMO, I don't think it's accurate to say C50 is the only problem and all the rest are hunky dory.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
Look at the little caps at C29 and C32, these fail often and give the "pulsating raster width"problem occasionaly reported on the forum. Also, the 6 x 3300uf caps at C89,C59,C28, etc. which if I recall drive the sweep. These are usually swollen and bulging on the boards i've seen so far.

There's your answer Drag as to why your clients are seeing a difference. This is also why I agree with what your doing. If the caps are failed then there is a problem. And that cant be disputed.I wont elaborate any further because I promised to stay out. Smile
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
There's your answer Drag as to why your clients are seeing a difference. This is also why I agree with what your doing. If the caps are failed then there is a problem. And that cant be disputed.I wont elaborate any further because I promised to stay out. Smile
thanks, and you don't have to "stay out" .

Anyone is welcomed to chime in as long as they avoid comments like "you don't know your ass from a through-hole in a circuit board" , or "this is too simple to possibly improve anything concerning anything in the projector no way, no how" Laughing
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more feedback from very early on, before this was even offered here through the forum. Good indication of the reliability of the work done

Quote:
Hi Dragan,
Here is a little update on my current projector performance.
Ever since your maintenance work my 9600LC is working very solidly and trouble free,
and the picture quality is just amazing.

I installed the HD10F lenses. They bring perfcct corner focus and I really love it. Now the focus between the center and the corner is less than perfect (it was the same with HD10L, so it's not the fault of the HD10F),
which does not bother me when watching bluray movies. Thanks for the ebay info. It was unbeatable purchase price.

The new dalite HP screen really brings movies much more look punch and alive. It is so much better than my old
screen. The pull down screen has a little wrinkles but I cannot notice it when watching movies.
I am seating next to the red lens and I get a little more red and a little less blue because of the
greater angle from the blue lens. This is very minor issue compared to the gain in overall picture
improvement from more gain. Nowadays, I am watching more bluray movies than ever before!
Thanks for your help in achieving higher performance in home theater setup.

Steve

what I'm wondering is this focus issue. IT was there before I got his boards and I originally thought it was the HD10L's . With HD10L The problem was evident before in the corners of the the screen, everywhere except for the center . Now it seems like it's between the inner and outer zones, which is wierd. These are older HD10F's from a 1292. Screen is normal HT size 92" wide horizontal Da-lite HP.
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

customer feedback

Quote:
"I had the HD mods installed in one of my two blended 9500 Ultras. My projectors are heavily modded already (frankenyokes, Mike Parker, HD10F, etc.) so you can tell I am very picky about PQ. I got the mods as a kit and installed by a fellow forum member in my right projector. For some reason my right projector didn't have convergence completely stable... but... now convergence is super-rock solid with the mods, almost on power up. I can easily see scalines at 1080p with a single projector... very nice!!!
I will report more when I have the second PJ set up correctly.

Best - Andres

note: this was a special case of Beta testing in early stages of development prior to CP.com product intro. HD mod's are not available in kit form.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I'm glad Andes figured out that issue as he thought it might be the cap upgrade i did to his CLM's, this was way before i got to the CVA and VDM upgrades on the marquee thread.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Ohmess

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang -- my head hurts trying to follow you guys. Not to hijack the thread, but there appears to be a pearl of wisdom I can use in the following MP statement: "The noise on the HDM comes from what is transmitted (sweep pulse) outside of the aluminum slot that the board fits in. In can be seen quite easily in the green and blue CRT's because they are nearest the the board."

How might this particular noise be reduced and/or eliminated?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: