Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

EXT-FULLHD shows short horizontal streaks in 1080p video

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbarnstijn

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: EXT-FULLHD shows short horizontal streaks in 1080p video Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I hope someone has seen this before and knows how to fix it. I searched the forums and didn't see any description of this particular problem. I ordered my EXT-FULLHD Mon April 21, 2008 at 9:18 AM EDT, and it doesn't have a SEL button on it, so I'm guessing it was one of the first units out the door from Moome.

My little problem is that there are short horizontal streaks sticking out to the LEFT of some high-contrast edges in the picture. Each streak has the colour that is to the RIGHT of the high-contrast edge.

I have an older Fury that I had lying around and using the same sources and the same projector it puts up a perfectly fine 1080p image without any of these short streaks. Swap the EXT-FULLHD back in and presto, the streaks return.

I have only tested 1080p signals going into the EXT-FULLHD, and it doesn't matter what the source signal is, the streaks appear. They seem to be spaced 8 pixels apart vertically.

It's much easier to understand if you look at the attached picture.

Has anyone seen this before? If so, did you fix it by tweaking anything? Or should I just get a more up-to-date EXT-FULLHD instead, by either sending mine back for updates or just buying a new one?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Sincerely,

--michael

[/img]

2009-05-17_20-23-36.jpg
 Description:
Peculiar short horizontal streaks from an old EXT-FULLHD
 Filesize:  361.02 KB
 Viewed:  5303 Time(s)

2009-05-17_20-23-36.jpg

Meridian DSP8000 front/5000C/5000 surround speakers, Meridian 861V4 audio processor, Meridian 800V5 DVD player, Meridian HD621 HDMI switcher and audio extractor, Sony BDP-S1, Toshiba HD-XA1, AMX MMS-900 DVD server, Bell HD PVR dual-tuner satellite receiver
moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: EXT-FULLHD shows short horizontal streaks in 1080p video Reply with quote

mbarnstijn wrote:
I hope someone has seen this before and knows how to fix it. I searched the forums and didn't see any description of this particular problem. I ordered my EXT-FULLHD Mon April 21, 2008 at 9:18 AM EDT, and it doesn't have a SEL button on it, so I'm guessing it was one of the first units out the door from Moome.

My little problem is that there are short horizontal streaks sticking out to the LEFT of some high-contrast edges in the picture. Each streak has the colour that is to the RIGHT of the high-contrast edge.

I have an older Fury that I had lying around and using the same sources and the same projector it puts up a perfectly fine 1080p image without any of these short streaks. Swap the EXT-FULLHD back in and presto, the streaks return.

I have only tested 1080p signals going into the EXT-FULLHD, and it doesn't matter what the source signal is, the streaks appear. They seem to be spaced 8 pixels apart vertically.

It's much easier to understand if you look at the attached picture.

Has anyone seen this before? If so, did you fix it by tweaking anything? Or should I just get a more up-to-date EXT-FULLHD instead, by either sending mine back for updates or just buying a new one?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Sincerely,

--michael

[/img]

HI:
Could you tell me what projector you use?
Thanks
Moome
moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Michael:
you can send back to upgrade~
please send email to moome@curtpalme.com,
our customer service will tell you how to do~

thanks
mbarnstijn

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: re: EXT-FULLHD shows short horizontal streaks in 1080p video Reply with quote

Hey, I think I've discovered the source of my trouble! Read on...

Quote:

HI:
Could you tell me what projector you use?
Thanks
Moome

Hi, Moome, thanks for looking at my message. I'm using a Runco DTV-1200 projector.

I realize now that I didn't provide quite enough background. I forgot to mention that the EXT-FULLHD had been working fine for many months, and the horizontal streaks only showed up a couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday, the streaks suddenly got very much worse and showed up on both sides of all high-contrast edges. The picture was quite ugly.

I was concerned about this changing behaviour. I then did something that I should have done much earlier. I unplugged the AC power supply for the EXT-FULLHD and rotated it 180 degrees and plugged it back in. When the picture came back, all the visual artifacts had vanished.

I now believe that my problem may have been a ground loop between the EXT-FULLHD and my various equipment (blu-ray, HD-DVD, satellite, Meridian HD621 HDMI switcher). All that other equipment has polarized North American AC plugs, and the EXT-FULLHD power adapter does not. Ground loops sure can cause odd results, eh? I will purchase a new DC power supply for the EXT-FULLHD locally, just to be on the safe side.

Of course, I only ran the system for a few hours, so perhaps unplugging the AC adapter just reset some circuit inside it and my problem may come back over time. I'll come back here and let the forum know if that does happen.

I also have concluded that the EXT-FULLHD it is a great piece of equipment and I can't run my home theater properly without it. So I will also purchase a NEW EXT-FULLHD to have as a backup just in case.

Quote:

Dear Michael:
you can send back to upgrade~
please send email to moome@curtpalme.com,
our customer service will tell you how to do~

thanks

Thanks, Moome, I will do that right after I get my backup unit. Otherwise my wife will be annoyed with me since we have been using the theater every evening recently and the EXT-FULLHD is kinda necessary. Laughing

If anyone thinks I've come to the wrong conclusion, please let me know.

Cheers!

--michael

Meridian DSP8000 front/5000C/5000 surround speakers, Meridian 861V4 audio processor, Meridian 800V5 DVD player, Meridian HD621 HDMI switcher and audio extractor, Sony BDP-S1, Toshiba HD-XA1, AMX MMS-900 DVD server, Bell HD PVR dual-tuner satellite receiver
moome

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Michael:
thanks for feedback, ground loop need prevent in the video chain, for adaptor, you can find a liner type that have DC6V 2A output is good for EXT-FULLHD~
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: