Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Tactile Transducers (aka "Shakers")
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I tried some Aura shakers and thought they were a total gimmick. However they weren't as sophisticated as what Gino is talking about - they just had a frequency dividing amplifier.

Now I have four 15" woofers I don't need em anyway Wink
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats6x7 wrote:
I bought 8 with 2 amps and put them pn the couches in the family room. I thought they were great but my wife didn't care for them. She said "It must be a guy thing." Anyway,I sold all but 2 and 1 amp and put them on the recliner in my office. I think they rock. The kids like to listen to music in "Daddy's cool chair".

I guess she was looking for a bass rod for her seat.

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
whats6x7 wrote:
I bought 8 with 2 amps and put them pn the couches in the family room. I thought they were great but my wife didn't care for them. She said "It must be a guy thing." Anyway,I sold all but 2 and 1 amp and put them on the recliner in my office. I think they rock. The kids like to listen to music in "Daddy's cool chair".

I guess she was looking for a bass rod for her seat.

What is that? I mean, I know what you posted but it took you like 2 months. You can't come back with something like that after 2 months. Thats why they call it a quip, not a SSLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWPPPPP. Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one Aurora zip-tied to the springs in each of my 8 HT recliners. I just got the cheapest ones and use a 350watt plate amp to run them. I also have four 15" Tempest direct firing from a sealed box below my screen that makes up my stage. At first I wasn't too impressed and thought they provided such a fake or forced feel. But after I had Mark Seaton dial in the subs along with the shakers, I wouldn't want to be without them. I can now watch a movie and get an incredible LFE effect without having to crank the volume to ungodly levels(although I still do at times Smile !). It really is a much more enjoyable experience for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: