Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Curt - Some old reel to reels on Dallas CL

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drice1234

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Curt - Some old reel to reels on Dallas CL Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/msg/1091211042.html
scoobydoo

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Curt
if you are looking for reel to reel check http://www.usedvictoria.com/ there are always someone selling them there and its just across the water from you.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for you guys... At the risk of getting scolded... Last fall, I tossed out FOUR of those Wollensak recorders similar to the one in the CL listing:

They weren't in very good shape, a couple had issues, and I just didn't have time to deal with them. I think only one or two of the four was stereo. I did a quick search of closed auctions on ebay and it didn't look like they were really worth anything...

They were a little stanky (musty) and I didn't really have room for them... So I tossed 'em. Did I make a mistake, or not?

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Shakes head)

SC- you should know better than that! You just have to offer them here for free and they would be gone.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know... But, they were damn heavy and I figured just the shipping alone probably would have been $40-50. Don't be mad at me. I was just overwhelmed. A coworker had an older husband pass away several years ago. She finally had gotten around to clean out the basement in prep for an impending move, and after she'd had a sale, she offered the remaining "photo and A/V equipment"... "A few slide projectors and some old Wollensak recorders". Sounded cool, so I accepted. Then, I find out it's an entire trunk full of stuff. The recorders, several older Kodak slide projectors, and about two file cabinets' worth of slides in binders and trays. The slides are pretty cool stuff... He did some presentations for a Des Moines-based lifestyle magazine in the mid-70's, so there's some awesome slides of streetscapes, architecture, cars, and home/apartment interiors from the time period. Very cool stuff!

Anyway, I was overwhelmed with the volume of stuff (my basement is already... um... difficult to maneuver, shall we say). The Wollensaks didn't look like they were worth anything, so tossed 'em and kept everything else. Sorry!!!

I found a pic I took of them when I was going to put them on Craigslist for free... Damn, there were 5 of them. They really weren't in good shape.

Now I feel bad, though...

SC

wollensaks.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.21 KB
 Viewed:  4955 Time(s)

wollensaks.jpg

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, there's no real market for those. What everyone wants (and prices have actually seemingly doubled in the last few years, is higher end standalone decks that take 10 1/2" reels. Revox B77, Akai GX series, Teac/Tascam, etc.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Thanks, there's no real market for those.

OK, good. That's a relief. They were in pretty rough shape, anyway. I would think even if anybody was "into" the Wollensaks, they'd only cherry-pick the best stuff they could find and let the rest go. The pieces I had would definitely fit into the latter category.
Curt Palme wrote:
What everyone wants (and prices have actually seemingly doubled in the last few years, is higher end standalone decks that take 10 1/2" reels.

Yeah, I knew those were valuable. Of course, I couldn't have a coworker give me something like THAT.

SC
scoobydoo

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt
do you mean like these:
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8561498
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8512114
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8411632
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: