Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

CURT PALME & CREW -- A SINCERE THANK YOU

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurntPixlz

Location: The 1/2 of Plaquemines Parish, LA that still exists

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: CURT PALME & CREW -- A SINCERE THANK YOU Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just got a Sony VPH-1272Q for a VERY good price, I think it is low mileage and haven't picked it up yet, but in exploring my PJ and gathering files and information and learning about projectors I came across your site and I wanted to offer you a very sincere thank you for the information which you unselfishly and without concern for greed propagate.

I was VERY lucky to get the PJ (and had it not been for a VERY low price I would never have even considered it nor could have afforded it) and I hope it is in good shape and works good, but after perusing your site and the information contained on it, if I need to buy anything for it or need it repaired, you can bet you will be my first choice and the first place I come.

Also, if I may make a suggestion, I have archived your CRT FAQ, all 33 pages and wondered if you might be interested in me zipping it up and making iot available for download all in one shot? I would also like to suggest that you zip all the pages of your various FAQs and make them available in a single, downloadable file.

Again, thank you so much for the information you propagate as I was able to learn much from your site, and I was totally clueless regarding HT and PJ before yesterday Smile

My primary mission with my PJ will be for my grandkids, so they can do things like Watch Elmo/Sesame Street on the WHOLE wall Smile
I will be the king of my grandkids once they realize what I've done for them Wink

I'll be around more soon, as I'm sure I will need much hand-holding and nurturing in my endeavor into the HT realm...

With regards,

BurntPixlz

Admin: www.LouisianaWay.com/forums/

Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana, or what's left of it anyway after the great double-nuclear water-bombing of '05 by the talented and lovely sisters Katrina & Rita" and the REAL Ground Zero and US landfall site of that witch named Katrina...

--BurntPixlz

"Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana, or what's left of it anyway after the great
double-nuclear water-bombing of '05 by the talented and lovely sister-witches Katrina
& Rita at GROUND ZERO, WHICH WAS NOT NEW ORLEANS"

kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the new Sony projector! Glad you've found the site useful!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention:

As for zipping up the procedures/FAQ/etc: There are almost 500 pages now on the site so that would be a TON of work, but more importantly, I find myself tweaking the text (adding extra info usually) on an almost daily basis. I would then have to be doing this in two spots.

I really prefer that people come to the site here to find the MOST UP TO DATE version of text whenever possible.

Curt's FAQ is out on the web on quite a few fan sites but in most cases it's horribly out of date.

The moment you zip it up and let it escape, it goes out of date.

We have many more ideas and additions we want to add to the FAQ (like bluray/Hd-dvd info), so I don't recommend zipping it up at this point in time. If you want to make it available to others on other web sites, I would really recommend that you simply link to this site.

Thanks,

Kal (webmaster/editor/etc)

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: