Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HELP!!! MUX-HD HDMI/DVI Repeater----NO VIDEO!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m109ner

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: HELP!!! MUX-HD HDMI/DVI Repeater----NO VIDEO!!!! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello all. First time poster. Long time forum viewer.

I finally received my MUX-HD HDMI/DVI Repeater. It was a long wait and even the post office lost the package for most of the day today. However, they did find it and I picked it up and brought it home to install. Smile

However, after installing the unit I cannot get any video. All I get is a black background with 3 slightly diagonal gray lines across the screen. I tried all of the HDMI inputs and both HMDI Out and DVI Out. Still, the picture is the same, black background with 3 slightly diagonal gray lines across the screen. I noticed that when I switch from the HDMI inputs (green lights), I'll get a red light (DET) after two or three seconds and the black background w/ diagonal lines comes up.

I've tried on two different monitors with DVD and HD Cable Box.

My set up is as follows:

-Sony BDP-S300 HDMI OUT -->Onkyo 606 Receiver HDMI IN
-Onkyo 606 Receiver HDMI OUT-->MUX-HD (input)
-MUX-HD (output)-->30 foot HDMI cable-->HDMI to DVI connector
-HDMI to DVI connector-->Yamaha DPX-1 DVI Input

Please tell me that there is some kind of set up process I'm missing and that this unit is not DEFECTIVE!

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you have your devides set to the proper output resolution for your display?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
m109ner

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analoguerocks,

I forgot to preface this first by stating that I was somewhat of a newbie. I know enough to be dangerous.

But your reco fixed the problem. When I checked the Video OUT on the DVD Player it was set to support 24p. Turned that off and PRESTO!!! Blue Ray never looked so good. Razz

Wow, this quality of this unit is really incredible!

I did notice that the following was happening and wrote to Moome to see if he can offer some advice on how to fix:

1. HD channels, DVD and BD, video looks great! However regular AIR channels, a small portion of the right side of the of the screen gets chopped off (about 2 inches or so). Almost like the video shifts over to the right. So if there is a channel/TV network on the top or bottom right, half of it gets cut off. Shocked Shocked
2. On the AIR channels only, there is a thin "STATIC" line at the top of the picture. Shocked Shocked

If anyone anyone else has any ideas of why these (1 or 2) things are happening, please feel free to chime in.

Thanks again for your help. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: