Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: BUF2000 Component/RGB Video Buffer with Gamma Boost

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: FAQ: BUF2000 Component/RGB Video Buffer with Gamma Boost Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Note: This item is not sold or supported by CurtPalme.com! When purchasing you will be paying and dealing directly with the third party seller/manufacturer.

DISCLAIMER: Any dealings with the third party seller/manufacturer listed here, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the third party seller/manufacturer. Curtpalme.com shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.

CURTPALME.COM IS NOT THE SELLER OR MANUFACTURER OF THESE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER MAY HAVE PROVIDED A WARRANTY ON THE GOOD(S) PURCHASED. CURTPALME.COM HAS NOT MADE, AND DOES NOT MAKE, ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE OR COVENANT, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, CAPABILITY, FUNCTION, PERFORMANCE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT, ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUYER AGREES THAT CURTPALME.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR EITHER SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE OR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, TAMPERING, ABUSE, DAMAGE, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF BUYER'S PURCHASE OF THE EQUIPMENT, ANY DEFECTS IN THE EQUIPMENT, OR FAILURE OF SELLER/MANUFACTURER TO TIMELY DELIVER THE EQUIPMENT.

BUF2000 Component and RGB Video Buffer with Gamma Boost

Click HERE to order today directly from the manufacturer!

To be notified immediately of any news on this product, click HERE (you must be registered and logged in).

The Crescendo-Systems BUF2000 video buffer is a versatile amplifier designed to drive long RGB or component cables while maintaining unsurpassed video quality. It also features an adjustable low level gamma boost to improve black level detail in RGB displays without raising the black level itself. A multitude of sync modes are available so that virtually any RGB display can be correctly driven.

The BUF2000's cable driver stage lets you use an analog cable of any length. Perfect for those of you that already have a long RGB or component cables installed.

Adjustable Gamma Boost: The BUF2000 adds gamma adjustment to the signal for absolutely perfect shadow details with RGB displays.

Completely adjustable sync for RGB. Useful for displays that only accept negative sync such as the following projectors: Barco 800/801/808/1208, Dwin 500/700, etc.

Adjustable horizontal sync width for 'fussy' RGB displays (such as Barco CRT projectors).[/list]What does the adjustable gamma boost do?

The adjustable gamma boost is used to restore missing shadow detail. Most displays (especially CRT based displays) require gamma boost. If you've always found movies too dark or missing detail in dark scenes, you need a gamma boost! This is best shown with real life examples:

[b]Specifications/Features:

• Very High-Bandwidth component or RGBHV video buffer (Bandwidth 130Mhz+)
  • D-sub15 (VGA style) female input, D-sub15 (VGA style) male output
  • Accepts bi- and tri-level sync in component mode
  • Accepts all known RGB and component video formats
  • Drives RGB or component cables up to 50ft
  • Can generate various sync signals in RGBHV mode:
    - Positive or negative horizontal sync
    - Positive or negative vertical sync
    - Positive or negative composite sync
    - Horizontal sync pass-through
    - Sync on green
  • Fully variable horizontal sync width via user adjustable pot (useful for Barco owners)
  • Adjustable low level gamma in RGBHV mode
User Manual

Download the BUF2000 manual (150K, PDF format)

FAQ

Does the BUF2000 change the resolution? Upconvert or downcovert?
No. The BUF2000 does not change the resolution or refresh rate in any way.

Does BUF2000 have problems driving longer analog output cables? Do I have to keep the output cables short?
No. There is no need to keep the cable between the BUF2000 and the projector/TV short. Long cables up to 50 feet (16m) work fine. The BUF2000 has an output driver stage so it has no problems driving the typically long cables found in most home theaters. As always (with or without the BUF2000), you should always try and use high quality 75 Ohm terminated cables whenever possible - especially if the cables are long.

Are sync adjustments possible with the BUF2000?
Yes, there is a width adjustment on the H sync as well as multiple sync types that can be generated in RGB mode. This will help some people with displays that are fussy about the sync timings. A set of 8 DIP switches are set as follows:

1) Sync on green
2) Negative composite sync on H
3) Positive composite sync on H
4) Negative vertical sync
5) Negative horizontral sync
6) Positive horizontal sync
7) Positive vertical sync
8) Native horizontal sync

Futher questions should be directed to Crescendo-Systems at: crescendo-systems@curtpalme.com

-

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

Can you update the syncs to:

A set of 8 DIP switches are set as follows:

1) Sync on green
2) Negative composite sync on H
3) Positive composite sync on H
4) Negative vertical sync
5) Negative horizontral sync
6) Positive horizontal sync
7) Positive vertical sync
8) Native horizontal sync

For the rest , this looks great.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I will email each person with an order personally but I just noticed that I had only ordered engineering samples for the cases and not production quantities. I rectified this omission just now but it will mean that I need a few more days for them to ship. The boards are ready and tested, I just need cases. My apologies for this stupid mistake.

Kim

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original post updated as requested!

Kal

schmoe

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Are there particular setups in which the BUF2000 would be better suited than the GammaX, and vice versa? Now that I've joined the crt pj world I'm noticing the need for gamma boost (always seemed ok on my rp-crt) so I'm looking to pick up one of these handy devices. I have the HDFury2. I don't know why I'd pick one versus the other, besides cost.

Thanks,
Joe
View user's photo album (3 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the user manual to the FAQ and to the order page:

User Manual

Download the BUF2000 manual (150K, PDF format)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: