Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony Full HD Card issue with PS3 setting at 24hz

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haireez

TV/Projector: Vidikron Vision 1 - Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Sony Full HD Card issue with PS3 setting at 24hz Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Dear All,

I'm not sure if anyone else have the same issues as me. Before installing the Sony full HD card last week, I was using my HD Fury without any problem.

It seems that when I play a blueray disc, the picture start rolling and very unstable such as shifting the picture to the left side. I did tried so many setting on the G70 such as clamp setting to H/C etc but it still roll.

The only solution that can prevent the pictures from rolling is to change the setting on my PS3 of the BD 24hz setting from 'auto' to 'Off' and problem will be resolved immediately.

I just send an email to Moome regarding this issues and at the same time, I'm hoping that someone has an answer whether this new Sony Full HD card should be able to resolve at any resolution / hz etc or is the card is faulty.

Any advise is greatly appreciated as I don't encounter this issues with my HD Fury.

Best Regards
Faizel
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found your own solution. No CRT projector will synch to a 24hz refresh. Leave the 24hz setting set to "off", so the PS3 will display at 1080p @ 50 or 60hz. If you want to display at 24hz (or a multiple thereof) to eliminate 3:2 pulldown judder, you'll need an outboard processor that can take the 24hz source and frame double or triple to display it at 48 or 72hz.

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
haireez

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your explanation as this mean that the card is not faulty at all.

Regards
Faizel

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G70 vertical refresh rate is 38~150Hz, so 24Hz is too low for it~
haireez

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for everyone info, below is how you set the 24hz video setting to 'Off'

1) Go to Video Setting Mode,

2) Scroll down to 'BD 1080P 24 Hz Output (HDMI) - Off'

Must set this to Off then everything will be fine.

Best Regards
Faizel
bigleechild

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is up with my g70 in that when I put a 720p game in my ps3 the picture is completely out of convergence. I have a moome sony card and a denon 3808ci receiver. I haven't tried playing a 1080i or 1080p game yet. I originally had problems with bd before talking with Faizel. The movies play beautifully, now just trying to figure out games. Anyone else have this issue? Do I have to converge for 720p as well as 1080i and 1080p? This site rocks. Thanks for the help.

BLC
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigleechild wrote:
What is up with my g70 in that when I put a 720p game in my ps3 the picture is completely out of convergence. I have a moome sony card and a denon 3808ci receiver. I haven't tried playing a 1080i or 1080p game yet. I originally had problems with bd before talking with Faizel. The movies play beautifully, now just trying to figure out games. Anyone else have this issue? Do I have to converge for 720p as well as 1080i and 1080p? This site rocks. Thanks for the help.

BLC
b

Yep 720P is a new memory block. You need to atleast copy over a memory block and do the final tweaks. Or just do it from scratch.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: