Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

More Free CRT stuff...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: More Free CRT stuff... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
..so I'm cleaning up the storage area, and I've got way too many parts here that I haven't used in years.

So, giving this away for the cost of shipping:

-large boxes (you pick the size or weight for shipping costs and purposes) of:

-ECP stuff. RGB and video input boards. Deflection boards. A couple of high hour LVPS. Some dead HVPS, Spellman and Keltron. AC input modules. Select modules out of the card cage. MOst are untested, but are assumed working. Some of the deflection boards have snapped paper formers of the coils on them, but these can be fixed with some glue or heat shrink over the coil itself.

-Ampro stuff. Pre model 2000 items, I've got everything in a 50-60 lb box, I'll break that down if you want.
-Ampro 2000 and 4000 stuff. Everything goes pretty much except for the CPU boards and the LV and HVPS. I've got convergence reggie and output boards, RGB and video boards, and all other parts for the sets.

-deflection yokes. Almost every make and model, I've got massive duplicates of. Not giving away the Marquee focus coils with the stig winding, sorry, but 'regular' Marquee 8000 focus yokes, I can spare a few.

-Zenith PRO 851 parts. Giving away almost everything save for the focus blocks and the HV supplies that are really hard to find now. I've got dozens of power supplies, convergence boards, CPU boards, etc etc.

-Barco analog convergence projector parts. Clearing it ALL OUT. power supplies, convergence boards, H and V boards, blah blah blah.

- ECP 2000. I have two complete units here. The LVPS are dead in both. Tubes look mint. Free, take them away.

Selling cheap:

-Zenith PRO 900 power supplies. I've got too many of the 4 boards under the tubes. They do fail regularly, so I'll keep 3-4 sets here, but the rest have to go. Ditto for some of the other boards. I'm keeping all RGB Input boards, HV supplies and H boards, as those are hard to come by.

Say $20 a board plus shipping.

Also selling cheap: Certain MArquee 8000/9000 boards. Mainly Composite input boards, heck, I'll practically give those away, but I've got a bunch of fixed heatsink convergence and vertical boards that I'll never sell. Say $20 a board. Untested, but they should all be fine.

THere will be more, that's what comes to mind right now.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt are the 9" deflection yokes for the Marquee much different than the 8" ones? If so can i have a set or two.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
CRT_Ben

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, I'd like a set of the Marquee 9" Deflection coils if you can spare them.
Angus_rg

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Curt are the 9" deflection yokes for the Marquee much different than the 8" ones? If so can i have a set or two.

Athanasios

I don't think there are any difference between 9" and 8", just between x000 and x500. So an 8500 has better coils than a 9000, but I wouldn't quote me on that

Now, if you were looking to make some frakenyokes, the 8000s are the way to go.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus_rg wrote:

Why is that? And does this apply for frankenyokes for 9" tubes?
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus_rg wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Athanasios

I don't think there are any difference between 9" and 8", just between x000 and x500. So an 8500 has better coils than a 9000, but I wouldn't quote me on that

What was the improvement?

I make my own connectors and am going with Barkenstien yokes I think once i finish testing. Wink

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a TINY difference between the 8" and 9" yokes, I believe you need to crank up the width a tiny bit if you put 8" yokes in a 9" set, but I've mixed and matched before and tested performance, no problems with it.

I've got maybe 2-3 sets of yokes I can spare, ditto for the no astig focus yokes. Let me know which yokes you want by emailing me at curtpalme@shaw.ca.

Thanks!
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail sent, Cute pic of you and sparky !

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that was taken on Friday night. Not sure if she wants them (the pictures, you creeps!) public, so I haven't posted a full size pix of my sweetie...yet..Smile
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Thanks, that was taken on Friday night. Not sure if she wants them (the pictures, you creeps!) public, so I haven't posted a full size pix of my sweetie...yet..Smile

yeah lots of vultures here Curt, but i am a gentleman , Glad you found some one special, i need to do the same !!!

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's been 45 years of looking under a lot of rocks or whatever the saying is. Smile
CRT_Ben

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late Curt! Sparky beat you to it: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140640&highlight=#140640
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but this is a more recent picture... with me, so you know she's real..Wink

Alas, she's kiboshed me putting that pix up full size. I'll just have to revel in the glory that is Sparky, you can all dream..Wink
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Curt, any of those Ampro RGBS boards compatible with 960P or 1080i without flagging? Maybe a latter production date?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, sorry! Give me the part number of yours, and I can always send you a couple to try.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus_rg wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Athanasios

I don't think there are any difference between 9" and 8", just between x000 and x500. So an 8500 has better coils than a 9000, but I wouldn't quote me on that.

Hello

They are shaped slightly different to fit the curve of the glass. Also, 8500 yokes may give a bit more width at the tube face on 9" tubes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: