Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Dwin HD 700/HD Fury2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim01

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Dwin HD 700/HD Fury2 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Any Dwin owners out there that have installed the HD Fury 1/2?
I am adding a Blu-ray player to my Dwin HD 700 system via HD Fury 2. I am not able to display a picture configured;
Sony BDP-S350---> HDMI Cable---> HD Fury 2---> BNC Cable (green)---> Dwin HD 700. I get "No Video Signal" displayed on the screen. I have tried the HDF2's switch in both positions and the supplied power cord installed. Am I missing something?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it was one of two things:

- Either the source is set up for 1080p by mistake the DWIN 700 can't handle 1080p), or
- It's a sync issue. The Dwin 700 needs pos or neg sync and the source is sending the opposite.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I remember the Dwin only accepts negative sync.
tim01

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the manual;
RGB 0.7V p-p, 75 Ohm positive (BNC)
H/V sync 0.7-4.0V p-p 75hm negative (BNC)
So is it negative or positive? How can I determine the output of the Blu-ray player?
If it is a sync problem how can I convert the signal? Any risk of doing harm?
Thanks
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sync is negative. The Dwin does not have a VGA or component input. The player should be outputting a positive signal. You could use something like this to convert the positive sync polarity to negative between the Fury and the projector.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=147029#147029

This would also work and give you gamma control.

http://www.curtpalme.com/RTC2200.shtm
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way this is how you can test for positive or negative sync...

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/vga2rgb/troubleshoot.html
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about Kim's latest device. This is probably your best bet at around $80....

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12182
tim01

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kal and Tom. I ordered a BUF2000 prototype from Kim at Cresendo Systems today. Hopefully this will solve my issue. I'll post the results as soon as I'm up and running.
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how it works out Tim. The gamma control is a nice plus ! Thumbs Up
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.W wrote:
Let us know how it works out Tim. The gamma control is a nice plus ! Thumbs Up

Ahhh he double posted. Now I see what you were saying about sync Tom.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
jkv

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plz post on your results. I also have a HD700 which Curt just finished repairing for me (it is on it's way back home now Very Happy). If you are successful, I may try what you are doing...thanks
paiaboy7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Dwin HD 700 & HD Fury Reply with quote

Any one resolved this yet? I have a HD Fury and can't seem to get it to sync with the HD 700. I know the fury works because i tested with another vga device. Thanks.
tim01

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried with the Cresendo Systems BUF2000 and was only able to display 480i. Then I tried their RTC2200 and it too only produced a 480i resolution, nothing higher. So I configured BR>Component>RTC2200 RGB out>BNC breakout cable>Dwin HD700 and I get a picture at 1080i. It could be better, but I may need to make adjustments, and the picture is shifted to the left. So it would appear that the Dwin doesn't like the HDFury2 or I've got a bad one. I had a version 1 that wouldn't even light up. This is ver. 2, maybe ver. 3 will work, who knows? So far the HKMod people aren't returning my emails. I'm looking to use HDMI not component. On another forum someone posted that they had a Dwin working with the Fury but they had a Lumagen VisionProHDP installed which has been discontinued and had an msrp of $2,400. I don't know about you but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money hoping that it will work. Tell you the truth I get an awesome picture on my HD700/Transcanner II combo. Here's the link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=966007. New products hitting the market all the time. Maybe something that will work for us is just around the corner.
paiaboy7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: HD Fury & Dwin HD 700 Reply with quote

So no chance of doing blu ray to hd fury to hd 700?
tim01

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know I'm still trying to find a solution. One thing for sure is that you have to change the sync to negative to have any chance. You need one of the devices I described above or similar. I'm not sure about the compatability of the HDFury yet.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim01 wrote:
I tried with the Cresendo Systems BUF2000 and was only able to display 480i. Then I tried their RTC2200 and it too only produced a 480i resolution, nothing higher. So I configured BR>Component>RTC2200 RGB out>BNC breakout cable>Dwin HD700 and I get a picture at 1080i. It could be better, but I may need to make adjustments, and the picture is shifted to the left. So it would appear that the Dwin doesn't like the HDFury2 or I've got a bad one. I had a version 1 that wouldn't even light up. This is ver. 2, maybe ver. 3 will work, who knows? So far the HKMod people aren't returning my emails. I'm looking to use HDMI not component. On another forum someone posted that they had a Dwin working with the Fury but they had a Lumagen VisionProHDP installed which has been discontinued and had an msrp of $2,400. I don't know about you but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money hoping that it will work. Tell you the truth I get an awesome picture on my HD700/Transcanner II combo. Here's the link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=966007. New products hitting the market all the time. Maybe something that will work for us is just around the corner.

Doesn't the RTC2200 have adjustments for the left shift?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
tim01

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The H-Delay adjustment moved the picture to the right but not all the way. I had moved some jumpers to adjust the H and V per Kim's advice while trying to get the Fury2 to work but he had me reinstall to original configuration to try and help the shift.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TC1600 has the left shift fix. So far for the RTC2220 it has not been needed although the main board has the option to install a daughterboard (when I finish it) that will enable this.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend the DVDO VP30. That is what I have on my DWIN 700

The VP30 is pretty much idiot proof but it does take some setting up. It is all very intuitive though. I have the output set at 1080i 60 on the DVDO and the DWIN reads it no problem.

The VP30 is connected directly with a rgbhv cable. I cleared all the presets first on the Dwin and once if found the DVDO I set the 1080i 60 as the default. Once you have that you do all your convergence at that frequency. Zero out (50) your brightness and contrast on the DWIN to start with. I ultimately have my pj settings both at around 75 but yours will likely be different.

With the DVDO you can connect all your BluRay and cable hd as well as any standard dvd players. The upconverting in the DVDO is better than ANY SD dvd player or BluRay. The VP30 will handle all your aspect ratio control as well as color, hue, saturation etc. I have mine set up for a 16/9 screen and it looks great.

You may still need the HDFURY for inputting to the DVDO from your BluRay. the DVDO blocks transcoding from the HDMI input to the rgbhv output if the signal is copy protected as it will be without the hd fury.

Hope this helps
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: