Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Wanted: HD134 Lens Set

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
betel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Wanted: HD134 Lens Set Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone have a set of HD-134 lenses for sale. I'm in the process of re-tubing my G70 and thought I'd like to give these a shot while I'm at it. I understand they may have been used on the NEC XG-135LC.
Gary M.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a month old but what the heck

I may have a set Wink

as you know, they are worlds better than the HD18s, not even close, these are special VR quality and I have never seen them for sale, rare as heck which = $$

send me a PM if interested

-Gary
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much are you asking?
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Axatax

TV/Projector: Sony VPH-G70Q (aka Barco Cine8 Onyx)

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both HD-18s and HD-134s, and I could not tell any difference at all between the two with throw distances and screen types normally used in a HT setting. I think the intent of the HD-134s was for curved screens. I certainly wouldn't describe the difference as "not even close", as the results were identical for my application (you'd probably need instruments to measure any difference).
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axatax wrote:
I have both HD-18s and HD-134s, and I could not tell any difference at all between the two with throw distances and screen types normally used in a HT setting. I think the intent of the HD-134s was for curved screens. I certainly wouldn't describe the difference as "not even close", as the results were identical for my application (you'd probably need instruments to measure any difference).

Wanna trade Smile
Axatax

TV/Projector: Sony VPH-G70Q (aka Barco Cine8 Onyx)

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need any HD-18's, but I'd certainly entertain a trade or sale. Only caveat is that I won't be back in the US until around March. PM me around that time.
Gary M.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my screen the difference was pretty big, the HD18s were not up to the HD134, Cliff can give some insight on this as well, the HD134s are smokin sharp focus

they are all aluminum and high-end stuff, vs the cheaper construction on the HD18s

additionally the HD134s are very high-end in there movement and ability to move the adjustments just a smidge to get things lined up perfectly, all the HD18s I have used have been slightly mushy in movement, the HD134s feel like smooth butter and loose

there is no comparison in my book

-Gary
Gary M.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebu Fellenz wrote:
How much are you asking?

to be honest I haven't really decided yet, anyone seen any for sale and what was the price? Mr. Green

I have been CRTing for many many years and have never seen a set for sale anywhere

-Gary
betel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I sent you a pm this morning.
Gary M.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sir, I received it and you are first thumbsup:

just thinking just a bit here, don't want to send you a stupid offer

-Gary :
betel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: HD134 Lens Set Reply with quote

betel wrote:
Anyone have a set of HD-134 lenses for sale. I'm in the process of re-tubing my G70 and thought I'd like to give these a shot while I'm at it. I understand they may have been used on the NEC XG-135LC.

Still looking for some a HD-134 lens set. Gary and I couldn't come together on a price.

Last edited by betel on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axatax wrote:
I don't need any HD-18's, but I'd certainly entertain a trade or sale. Only caveat is that I won't be back in the US until around March. PM me around that time.

Will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: