Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

High Quality Blackout Material To Control Light Reflections

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: High Quality Blackout Material To Control Light Reflections Reply with quote

Dear All;

I have an opportunity to purchase a 100 yard roll of 30" wide Protostar flocked light trap material (http://www.fpi-protostar.com/flock.htm). This material is used to line the inside of visible light telescopes, and absorbs more than 99% of incident light at visible wavelengths. It should be a superb blackout material for eliminating light reflections off walls and ceilings in a Home Theater.

The back of the material has adhesive on it, so installation is 1) cut to desired length, 2) peel adhesive (paper) cover off, and 3) attach material to wall/ceiling.

I don't need 100 yards of this stuff. So, the purpose of the post is to solicit interest in sharing the cost of the roll. Manuafacturer price is 50 cents per inch for arbitrary short lengths. The manufacturer offers a discount for longer lengths, and prices a 100 yard roll at 35 cents per inch. I can sell the 70 yards I don't need to interested buyers for 30 cents per inch. As an example, if your home theater had walls 7.5 feet high, and a ceiling 15 feet wide, you would need a 30 foot (=10 yards = 360 inches) long swath, which would price out to $108.00 + shipping.

To be clear, I am not purchasing the 100 foot roll from the manufacturer, but from someone else who purchased the roll, but has decided to go in a different direction and now doesn't need the material. I am soliciting possible interest, to see whether I should purchase the entire roll, or just forget about it.

I am posting this in both the For Sale forum (although its a solicitation of interest and not yet for sale) and in the CRT forum.

If you are interested please either post in this thread, or PM me.

William

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: