Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Selling working projectors for parts? Should it be allowed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
She put up with that for 18 months? Sheesh! Very Happy
ralpharch

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this thread at least made me feel guilty enough to pony up the $20 for a membership and provide something back for all the advice and help I have received over the years

My opinion on all the above; for whatever its worth; is that Curt should establish a commission for all sales on this site, say 10%.

And let it be the honor system with the seller obligated to paypal Curt following sale. Regarding earlier points that some will not honor the rule so what? Most will and that will be marginal extra income for Curt. On checking who pays there's nothing more powerful than a check mark for sold that the buyer sees and the seller checks. It can even read commission paid. That is all the enforcement needed as most are honorable especially when there is a way to visualize completion of the sale. EDIT - if adding a radio button is too hard have a standard phrase that gets added by seller after the sale: something like:

Sold - commission sent

No need to expose the negociated price - leave that and the associated commission to the honor of the poster; and don't fret about the 5% that will game the system.

Last edited by ralpharch on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (1 photos)
sparky_grl

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONE dinner in 18 months and paid with coupons? Shocked

Uh yeah, I'm a bit more 'maintenance' than that, i'm afraid.

sparky
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ralpharch wrote:
Well this thread at least made me feel guilty enough to pony up the $20 for a membership and provide something back for all the advice and help I have received over the years

My opinion on all the above; for whatever its worth; is that Curt should establish a commission for all sales on this site, say 10%.

And let it be the honor system with the seller obligated to paypal Curt following sale. Regarding earlier points that some will not honor the rule so what? Most will and that will be marginal extra income for Curt. On checking who pays there's nothing more powerful than a check mark for sold that the buyer sees and the seller checks. It can even read commission paid. That is all the enforcement needed as most are honorable especially when there is a way to visualize completion of the sale. EDIT - if adding a radio button is too hard have a standard phrase that gets added by seller after the sale: something like:

Sold - commission sent

No need to expose the negociated price - leave that and the associated commission to the honor of the poster; and don't fret about the 5% that will game the system.

That's a good idea. Nice and simple too. Though if someone doesn't want to pay they'll simply never indicate that it sold I suppose. No way to prevent that without putting in a whole order processing system however (ie: not worth it).

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
ralpharch

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:

That's a good idea. Nice and simple too. Though if someone doesn't want to pay they'll simply never indicate that it sold I suppose. No way to prevent that without putting in a whole order processing system however (ie: not worth it).

Kal

But the buyer can observe the lack of a sold - commission paid note; and an occasional buyer will say something about it. IMO that's enough of a check for above potential. After all Curt is getting nothing out of these sales now.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Agreed. So it's up to Curt in the end what he wants to do.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Oh, and Sparky says she won't marry me until I do better than taking her to McD's more than once a year.

I think we should start a "Send Curt and Sparky out to dinner" fund. But Curt has to buy his own ring. Laughing
wallace123456

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Oh, and Sparky says she won't marry me until I do better than taking her to McD's more than once a year.

I think we should start a "Send Curt and Sparky out to dinner" fund. But Curt has to buy his own ring. Laughing

I have some coupons for Burger King........ Mr. Green Is that a step up? Confused

wallace

sparky_grl

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is better than the 'gruel' I've been eating... Shocked
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky_grl wrote:
Anything is better than the 'gruel' I've been eating... Shocked

But you oughta see the size of the ring! Thumbs Up
GREG1292

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for selling the Ampro complete but my intentions were to part it out. Yes it was working Pete only because I paid to have
the board fixed. I sold the tubes only and offered the buyer it complete for 50.00 more dollars since I did not want to screw with it. I sold it to Ampro at Home and he lives just a few hours from me and I had no use for the chasis. I want to thank Curt for his service and I try to make it up to him every time I need something. For the record the Zenith will not be on this site even if it is broke because Curt will be fixing it.

Thanks Greg

https://discuss.avscience.com/?topic=30.120
Z-Photo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1200/aka cine 8 are very nice looking machines.

You will completely forget that you ever had (more or less heard of) an Ampro in a very short time (2 sec is the average)

My 1208S/2 will be up FS in a year or two - as it will not be going into the new house.....

digital rocks

The Only GOOD AMPRO - is a Dead AMPRO.
wait - are they not all DEAD already?
View user's photo album (16 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z-Photo wrote:

digital rocks

NO AnalogRocks !! Mr. Green

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z-Photo wrote:
The 1200/aka cine 8 are very nice looking machines.

You will completely forget that you ever had (more or less heard of) an Ampro in a very short time (2 sec is the average)

My 1208S/2 will be up FS in a year or two - as it will not be going into the new house.....

digital rocks

So what will you be putting up ?
rabies_70

TV/Projector: Sony G70Q

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold a remote for a D50 to eroc57 from a PM in another thread on rbg convergence. I told him my price, what shipping would cost and the we needed to donate 10.00 to curtpalme.com. Does that seem reasonable? I hope so.

I am an iconoclast
SisterOfMercy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
She put up with that for 18 months? Sheesh! Very Happy

Follow-up on this:
Over here somebody was selling a few really cheap CRTs. A lot of them were older sets, but a few were Barco 701s with new tubes and some with older tubes. I told that friend of mine to get two, one with new tubes and one with older tubes (for parts) and make the seller an offer higher than his unit price (he wanted to get rid of them all at once). But noooooooo, it's to expensive, even 100 euro is way too much for a nice CRT that will last a while. He always wanted to play Starcraft on a really big screen, so here was his chance. Let me remind you he is loaded. He just never spends anything.
Apart from the money thing and that he's an artist that never does anything other than painting crappy fantasy dwarfs he's an ok guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: