Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Who has a working 1080i 72 or 1080p@48 Nivida custome res
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Desktop gamma does not affect overlay.

The ATi CCC gamma (overlay I think) does not work in Powerdvd.

So rip you movies to MKV and use Haali Renderer in another player.
Elaine Benes

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a one step GUI for ripping BD's to mkv ?

Or is it a fourteen step, command line labyrinth, only for computer engineers...
Elaine Benes

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeme wrote:
Elaine,

Do you have a custom timing for 1080P/60 you could post for the nVidia? I have been able to get 1080i working through the Nvidia custom setup but am unable to get a 1080P working. (I can get 1080P/60 with my ATI setup)

Thanks

No custom timing was needed, just chose 60Hz refresh for 1920x1080....30Hz is Nvidia's version of 1080i, afaik.

The one thing I did do was swap the default synch from, I think, ++ to +- so it would be recognized by my Marquee as a typical 1080i signal using the 30Hz refresh. I don't normally use the 1080p, there's no discernible difference to me with video, so I just use the signal that I've got tweaked the best, which is 1080i.
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine Benes wrote:
Is there a one step GUI for ripping BD's to mkv ?

Or is it a fourteen step, command line labyrinth, only for computer engineers...

No single step process I know of, if you discover one let me know. "Or is it a fourteen step, command line labyrinth, only for computer engineers..." sounds about right though, wait it may only be thirteen steps Wink
View user's photo album (1 photos)
fishlogan

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worked out a way around nvidia setting their own porches, sync widths etc with the custom resolutions

i was having trouble getting the right active width with their standard settings and when i changed them on manual setting it would mess with the refresh rates (instead of 48hz it would be 51.6 or some garbage like that)

so what i did was to get 1080 x 1920 at the right widths etc (usualy for me reduced widths) i set the custom res to say 1080 x 1860 and hit the auto button. this gives you reduced sync,porches for the lower res (1860). then go to manual and change both the active pixel AND the custom res box back to 1920 and hit the test button.

this gave me the 1080 x 1920 res i wanted but with the right porch settings

i am running vista and have 9600gt. some say powerstrip now works with these cards but i have found it is way to flakey and generally doesnt work
Elaine Benes

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishlogan wrote:
worked out a way around nvidia setting their own porches, sync widths etc with the custom resolutions

i was having trouble getting the right active width with their standard settings and when i changed them on manual setting it would mess with the refresh rates (instead of 48hz it would be 51.6 or some garbage like that)

so what i did was to get 1080 x 1920 at the right widths etc (usualy for me reduced widths) i set the custom res to say 1080 x 1860 and hit the auto button. this gives you reduced sync,porches for the lower res (1860). then go to manual and change both the active pixel AND the custom res box back to 1920 and hit the test button.

this gave me the 1080 x 1920 res i wanted but with the right porch settings

i am running vista and have 9600gt. some say powerstrip now works with these cards but i have found it is way to flakey and generally doesnt work

I'll have to try this, can you use it to get 96Hz interlaced to work too ?? Or is this ONLY for 48Hz refresh...
fishlogan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it works for interlaced too but its been a while since i used and interlaced res. best to load an existing interlaced refresh rate and then adjust accordingly
Elaine Benes

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebu Fellenz wrote:
I have working timings for an Nvidia card. However I'm using a 7950GT with powerstrip, you may want to look into one of these cards it works great for HD and has all the gamma and playback (purevideo HD) settings that the other cards have. I've run 1080p 48, 1080i 96, and 1080p 60 with this card and use 1080p 60 now with my G70.

Erik

Hey, I just picked up one of these cards, can you post what OS you have all of these resolutions working with ? And what version of the drivers/control panel, and what version of powerstrip, and the timing particulars, if its not too much of a hassle, please ?

I'd really like to try 1080i 96 or 120 even...
Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Powerstrip is now working for later Nvidia cards.

Has anyone tried it?
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define "later Nvidia cards"

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is working very well with my old 7950GT that I just got, using VISTA OS, which is a very pleasant surprise, BTW. Its nice to be back to the point where experimenting with resolutions is easy again...

One thing though, some of the custom interlaced resolutions I've tried, while producing a good desktop, end up doubling the size of the BD playback in PowerDVD8 so I can't play the movies back properly, anyone know what's up with that ?
Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
Define "later Nvidia cards"

All of them I think. 8x and 9x series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: