Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Problems with Electrohome Marquee and EXT-FULLHD

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccatalyst

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Problems with Electrohome Marquee and EXT-FULLHD Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi there everyone, i hope you can help me with this, i currently have an Electrohome 8500 projector that i bought from Curt and moved over my tubes and lenses from my 9000lc , then we installed the latest Mikron mods from mike parker into it. The projector works , im still trying to get the optical focus perfect, I was getting a very weak picture, but after a very helpfull tip from curt on g2 adjustments i was able to get a bright image, a little out of focus but i get a picture never the less.
Now here is my problem, i just bought the moome EXT-FUllhd and received it last week, i hooked it up to ps3,through an HDMI cable and then hooked it up to projector with the vga to 5 bnc plugs, that i orignally had on my 9000lc. The display shows fine at 480p, however if i change the display settings in the ps3 to anything other than 480p it only shows a black screen, i confirmed that the projector's sync is changing based upon the input resolution i give it, from the ps3 display settings but no picture, Mike confirmed that we were getting the proper sync, by having me push the * button twice when the black screen would show, so we could see that the horizontal and vertical sync rates had changed, after 30 seconds it changes back and i see the sync change back again and i get a 480p picture that i can see. These are some of the things i have tried.

1. Tried a different ps3, so far i tried 1st generation 40 gig and the latest generation 80 gig. Both gave me the same black screens when i switched out of 480p.
2. Tried different HDMI cables, 1 from Radio shack 6ft and 1 from monster cables 6 ft. - same on both
3. Different power outlet for the moome ext-fullhd, no change checked the power and im pretty steady at 119.3V.
4. Changed the VGA cables, no change still black screen.
5. Changed the VIM from mike parker's version down to an older one, no change
6. Tried the secondary input on both vims, no change
7. Tried Inputing a dvd source through a lumagen scaler just to see if the projector would display anything other than 480p, and it worked fine, i could see 720p, 1080i & 1080p, however now im not going through the moome ext-fullhd, im going component to lumagen and lumagen to projector through the vga cable.
8. Tried doing an auto setup on both PS3's by holding down the power button for 5 seconds, however same thing, when the resolution would try to go above 480p, black screens.
9. tried bringing up the contrast to see if there was anything there, i even looked into the tubes, to see if there was a faint sign of a display, but all i see are full screens of nothing, basically in the red tube, big red square, same in the green and blue, all combined = black.
10. tried hooking up the composite video then doing an auto setup by holding down the ps3 power button for 5 seconds then selecting hdmi and going through the auto setup that way, no difference. Same black screen after 480p.

I've emailed moome and we've gone back and forth with the above items , he belives it may be a defective moome device, im not so sure. I could just send it back to him and wait another couple of weeks to get another one, but i am pretty sure im going to get the same response from the other unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've spoken to Mike parker, Curt Palme and emailed Moome and all of us are stumped on this one. Many Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Rick.

PS: Very special thanks to both Curt and Mike for their assistance to me with my projector, they have been great.
moome

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick:
we have ship you a new working unit. once you get it please test it again~
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: