Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Crescendo BUF2000 RGB buffer + Gamma
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Crescendo BUF2000 RGB buffer + Gamma Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have just finished the design of a new component. It is a RGB/YPrPb buffer/line driver with low level Gamma that can be used when driving RGB signals. The form factor is a small dongle with a input female VGA connector that connects directly to a HD Fury or Fury2 and a male output VGA connector.

The BUF2000 has the following specifications:

Wide bandwidth (>130MHz)
Can drive a 50ft cable
Adjustable/defeatable low level gamma
Can generate RGBHV (pos/neg, RGBS (pos/neg), RGsB

The estimated sales price is going to be $79 and I should have prototypes in a week or so.

UPDATE:

An order page is now available on CurtPalme.com in the products section.

To order see: www.curtpalme.com/BUF2000.shtm

A new 'official' FAQ thread has also been created so this thread has been locked to avoid confusion as this thread has some early information that is no longer valid for the production version of the BUF2000. Find the official FAQ thread here: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14564

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work Kim !

Nice to see you are still coming up with new products. Smile
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, YES, YES!!!! Perfect companion to the new HD Fury II! I'll be ordering one of each, then!!!

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea Kim!

Not to pick nits but does the gamma only work when the HDfury2 output is RGB? (Your original post makes it sound that way).

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

No problem nits have to be picked. and yes, it does only work in RGB mode. You can do it when not in RGB mode but it will screw up the color. Unfortunately gamma only works when applied on the three primary colors. I have tried to do it only on the Y only but the simulation shows that after conversion back to RGB it unfortunately is wrong.

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense Kim. Thanks.

Let me know once it's ready to go and you have specs/details/pictures. We'll announce it in a newsletter.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered prototype boards, they should arrive early next week and I will have first samples a few days later.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the proto boards today and will built one up this evening. I still I have to order some parts but they should arrive in a few days.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put one together and it looks good, gamma works, I can switch it on and off. Currently I am waiting on some low profile DIP switches I ordered for all the sync modes. When they arrive I can start to ship a few prototypes for those that are interested.

Kim

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim,

How's this project coming? Whenever it's ready, I'd be glad to buy one to test - even if it's still beta. I'd be glad to evaluate, provide feedback, or write a review.

I don't have any relevant test equipment beyond a Spyder II w/HCFR, but I do a have a trained eye, good camera, good sources and an excellent display (minty G70) with which to make before/after comparisons.

Thanks,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Gwen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kim,

Thanks for the power supply and the BUF2000.

My first test :

hdmi source (xbox 360 and popcorn hour => 720p) => hdfury => rct2200 => barco 801 => now (with the new power supply) all is ok, great job

Second test (more important for this topic) :

hdmi source (xbox 360 and popcorn hour => 720p) => hdfury => BUF2000 => barco 801 => the image is not synchro , the image "jump" like a waterfall (vertical synch problem)

The BUF2000 have jumper like rtc2200 or not ?

Cordially Gwen
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwen,

The BUF2000 just passes the sync coming from the Fury. If you have a sync problem that means that the H-sync from the Fury is not wide enough for the Barco. This is important information and means I have to add that to the production version.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

When i try :

hdmi source => hdfury => barco 801, the synch is ok , with the rct also but with the buf 2000 the h-sync is not good
I try with another source and resolution after work.

Gwen
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwen,

In that case it may be the sync polarity. I forgot what I set it at when it shipped but I think it was negative polarity. You can change it to positive by moving the switches on the DIP-switch block. Can you tell me how it it set now?

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC,

No problem I am planning to built a few more this weekend. Can you PM me where to ship it to? It will be a board only because I haven't finalized the mechanicals yet.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

DIP-switch block, was is das ?

the black trick with number (1 at 8)

4 and 5 are on ON , on OFF , the sync is ok but the colors are destroy .

The number are the same as rct2200 ?

Gwen
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwen,

You are correct, it is the black block with numbers 1-8. For negative sync 4 and 5 should be on and everything else should be off. For positive sync 6 and 7 should be on and everything else should be off.

The output connector on the BUF2000 is different, are you using a gender changer to go from the male plug to the female plug? If you change the plugs for the colors on the Barco can you get them right?

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not use gender changer (buf2000 subd 15 M => subd15 F / subd9 with the hd fury cable => barco port 3)

With a barco 801g , i use negative sync with the rct2200 (jumper 7 and 10 short)
With the buf2000 when 4 and 5 are on, the sync is not good but the color ok.
With 6 and 7 the sync is ok but the color not (the blue is brown) All OFF, idem

Do you want some "screenshot" ?

Gwen
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my BUF2000 in house now. I'm going to play with it tomorow. I'll let you know how it goes.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwen,

This is strange, you have set your RTC2200 to negative sync and it works. You probably also have moved the jumper from JP5 to JP6 on the RTC2200 to increase the H-width.

On the BUF2000 with swith 4 and 5 on you also have negative sync but my guess is still that the Barco does not want to sync because the width of the H-sync is not enough.

With the switches 6 and 7 on and the rest off you have positive sync and I don't know how the Barco handles that. Maybe someone else has some comment on a Barco and positive sync.

For the final version I will see how I can include a variable H-sync width.

Kim

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: