Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Vizio LCD 32 inch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tamara_renae

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Mac
Opend up the back looks complicated, what does the fuse look like??
T

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Model Number Reply with quote

tamara_renae wrote:
Oh Hey Mac thanks for the rescue email
All it says is Model L32 Vizio
Purchased July 05 at Sam's Club

Found a guy down here called Colortronics that will do a diag. on it for $30
Hey told me the power board is about $300
I think I can get the part from vancbaldwin, I am not opposed to just taking the screws out the back, and trying to put it in myself... we will see what he says about the diag.

Thanks
Tamara

Talked Viso customer serivce I did not buy the extended warrenty so they could not help me, that is how I found the guy colortronics.

I might have missed it, but if it is less than a year old then just call Vizio. My unit was about 10 months old when the video board failed and Vizio sent someone out to my home on their dime to replace the entire unit under the warranty. Hard to beat that kind of customer service. Heck, they even unmounted from the wall and mounted the new unit.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, where were we. Well it looks like your to a point where maybe you should pay the 30 bucks to have it checked. If the fuse is blown, replacing it may fix it or it may just blow again, meaning there is something shorted. If the fuse is not blown then it could still be the power board or it maybe the DTV board. I don't think you want to just randomly throw 100.00 or more boards at it until it works. If you had a test meter and some soldering tools and a basic understanding of components I could probably talk you through the process, but, no offense intended but if you don't know how to locate a fuse, even if its a pigtail or pico fuse, then you really shouldn't be in there. If the guy checks it and tells you which board it is and you want to try to replace it yourself to save some money, then that's fine. But just remember if you damage it or something else when trying to replace it then your out more money, plus if he guesses wrong or the part goes out again or is defective, its under his warranty, what ever that may be. Sorry I couldn't help you better.
tamara_renae

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true over my head... I can replace a fuse in a car, but that did not help here.
Well I am taking it tomorrow in for the $30 diag.
Funny thing Vizio called me back today the L32 was one of their first TV's they know about this problem offered a flat fee of $265 to have someone come to the house and fix, they would not tell me what was wrong with it. They said something about dust perhaps on the main board and blowing it.. hmmm.. Well I am going the $30 route firs then we will see. The $265 offer is only good for five business days very weird... I will let you know the end of my story
Thanks again Mac for trying to help a blonde fix a tv that in its self is challenging.
Take Care,
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well off to the shop it went, turns out to be a bad main board they want $230 to fix the whole thing... still deciding.
Tamara_Renae

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you don't, I might just grab that off you the next time I'm in Seattle, which will be next Friday the 5th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: