Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

?'s on how to calibrate my HCL4715W RPTV

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erick0071

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: ?'s on how to calibrate my HCL4715W RPTV Reply with quote

First of all, thank you for this great forum. I am about to order the i1 and will be using ColorHCFR to do my initial calibration. But I have some questions that i would like to ask?

I have ventured into the SM on my Samsung HCL4715W before and did minor adjustment...mostly to my geometry...but i have done some in the picture department too..like disabling the SVM and minor adjustments to the cuts and drives since they had too much red. The only odd thing is that my TV would have a horrific contrast and brightness unless i select the custome mode on the user menu and lower them both. But i tried to make them more safe by lowering them on the SM too, but even the lowest settings on SBT (Sub-BRT) and CON (Sub-CONT) on the SM would have a significant effect on the overall picture. I just like to know if there are any other features on the SM that help lower contrast and brightness during my calibration instead of using the user menu because it would be really tedious to be changing between the SM and normal tv viewing during calibration. I would also like to know the function of some of the other items on my Picture MENU on the Service Menu. Here they go:

RDR: R-Drive, GDR: G-Drive, BDR: B-Drive, RCT: R-Cutoff, GCT: G-Cutoff, BCT: B-Cutoff. All of these for grayscale cal. right?

SBT: Sub-BRT to increase or decrease brightness right? even thoug the lowest setting it's still to high.

CON: Sub-CONT to increase or decrease contrast . Also did not help much even on the 0 setting.

COL: Sub-Color to adjust overall color or saturation ?

HUE: Tint to adjust hue?

RYR: R-Y Axis ... \

RYB: R-Y Axis |
NO IDEA WHAT THESE ITEMS DO
GYR: R-Y Axis |

GYB: R-Y Axis /

GAM: Gamma i believe

SHP: Sub-Sharp sharpness i assume

SFO: SHP-FO no idea

POV: Pre-Over no idea

LTI: Luminance...i would like to know more about this

VML: VM-LBL disables SVM right?

VMD: VM-Phase no idea

DCT: DC-Tran no idea

DPI: D-PIC no idea

HPF: HPF/BCOF no idea

VPF: VPF/HCOF no idea

VPG: VAPGAIN no idea

VPI: VAPINV no idea

RCO no idea

GCO no idea

BCO no idea

BPO no idea

BWD no idea

Please any help will be appreciated ..only if you only know some of them and not all. It will help me greatly before venturing into my calibration to know what some of these other item affect.

Erick
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: