Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Some news on the TV-ONE scaler and blend units !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Some news on the TV-ONE scaler and blend units ! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Ok I just got some info on whats going on. june should be the start of the new and improved C2-2000 series, these will do 1080p is all i got but this was from a sales man not an engineer. He said they will have anew chip and will all be HD SDI I/O capable !!!!So fromt he new chip it sounds like that was the 1080p60 we were all new would come he didnt answer my 72hz question but Andy (MadMrH) says the engineers say it could be possible with timing settings adjusted(like in the lumagen and VP50).

Now for the C2-7000 series,that wount be upgraded till late this year or january 2009 hopefully. key word he used was hopefully. good news is no price changes

Regarding the C2-2000A i am not sure what that is it might be new model or a rebadged older unit. I hope its a newer lower priced model. I asked if the legacy models will be able to be sent in for the upgrades , the answer was no. so we have to wait. and if you were looking at the lower priced discount places i think they would ned to get rid of their older stock first so i personaly might not order my units till august just to make sure the older units are gone unless they keep the A suffix at the end of the units.

these are the units he mentioned:

2200A, 2250A, 2155A 2100A adds 1080P

so this is what I know or don't know so far Wink

Athanasios Hatzinerantzis

PS: this was also posted on the TV-One blend thread on AVS

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal

Last edited by Nashou66 on Fri May 09, 2008 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Boilermaker

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add some details to your information on the new TVOne units.

1 - All new products will be physically identical to their existing lineup.
2 - If a product had an SDI input before, it will now be an HD-SDI input.
3 - If a product did not have an SDI input, the new one won't.
4 - All DVI inputs will be HDCP compliant (obviously video only)
5 - The DVI input can accept up to 1920X1200 @ 60Hz. (obviously can do 1080P@ 60Hz.)
6 - The sampling rate has been increased to 162MHz.
8 - Of the C2-2000A series, only the C2-2250A and C2-2255A can do edge blending.
9 - The C2-2250A has an MSRP of $2,495
10-The C2-2255A has an MSRP of $2,995 as it adds an HD-SDI input.
11-There is a rack mount kit available that can hold two C2 series as an option.
12-The IR remote is also available as an option.
13-If you order any of these, you will get the "A" model, not the old series.

I have been told that if an order is placed soon, you can be assured that you will take delivery in June. If you wait until after the first production run, there is a possibility you might have to wait for availability.

When I get back in town, I will be ordering a pair of the C2-2250A's, and since I am already set up with everything else in place, I should be watching some blended movies within a day or two after delivery.

I will certainly share my results as best I can. I Will initially set up for 1080P@60, and then when any bugs are worked out, I'll try for 72Hz, and also some other resolutions. It should be able to do it based on specs, but there is only one way to know for sure!

BTW, I am not getting the 2255 because I will be feeding these with a VP50Pro which has dual HD-SDI inputs.

Thanks,
Bob
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price update, B&H Photo i think has the cheapest prices I have found so far 1945.95 fort he C2-2250, I am unsure if they will raise that price for the new unit or if orderd it will be the new unit.

Bob,
Are you sure that they will no longer ship the older units? I would not want to order the units then have the older ones sent by one of their retailers like B&H.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Boilermaker

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that if you use model # C2-2250A, you will get the right one.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some news from the TvOneEngineer over on avs

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Ok im back, we have been in discussions for the last few weeks on the new range of products that will appear in 2008/09/10 and a whole load of OEM's following NAB so have been pretty well out of touch since then.

The new products will be new versions of the current C2-2000 series, so this will be the C2-2100A, C2-2105A, C2-2150A, C2-2155A, C2-2200A, C2-2205A, C2-2250A, C2-2255A, C2-2350A, C2-2355A. These units are totally new hardware using the very latest HDMI/DVI receivers & Transmitters on the market, and have a new revision of the CORIO core scaling Engine. The new engine give us way beyond the old 108Mhz sampling rates and hence will allow the input on DVI up to the limit of single link DVI. We have also made these HDMI compatible Wink and HDCP compatible. At long last !
The core also provides temporal interpolation and diagonal interpolation, so frame rate conversion is now much better and so is the de-interlacing.

I think I have now managed to enable notifications for this list so ishould now know when I need to reply Very Happy

Send me your questions !

Best regards

Rob

Nashou66 wrote

Quote:
Great to hear from you Rob!

I already Ordered two C2-2250's after talking with Steve Tullo at Tv-One. So what will the maximum scan rate output now be for 1080p? Will it be able to handle that at 72Mhz ? Also I splitter will be needed will the Tv-)ne splitter be u8pgraded to also have a higher clock rate or the ones in use now capable,.... After just thinking about this we will most likely be outputting 1080p24 from the source so i guess the answer will be Yes.

Can you tell us what types of color contls and gamma controls these will have? Also if the gamma is just for the blend zone. It be nice if they also have an 11 point gamma for the entire image from 0-100 ire steps, for both the blend and entire image . I am not sure how this will be done, maybe onece the blend zone is set up a global gammma can be introduced?

Athanasios

TvOneEngineer

Quote:
Well the max output is the limit of single link DVI, so 162Mhz. However we got our new wizzy display port monitor this week which will do insane resolutions, so we tested the output to see how far we could over clock the DVI transmitter and we managed about 200Mhz before it fell over Very Happy this could be the point at which the screens DVI decoder couldn't handle the over clocking. So in summary the offical max output will be any resolution up to 162Mhz, but I managed to get 1080P85 - but that may have been luck !

Initially the control are the same as on the current 2000 series but we are looking at making the S Curve custom and the individual R & G & B gamma curves custom too, but that will be a later free firmware update.

Regards

Rob

WOW he overcloked it at 200mhz 1080p@85!!!!! Awesome!!!! If we do the scope at say 817p we might be able to hit 96 easy and not sure about 120mhz!!!!

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool news. I know what Athanasios is dreaming about right now. Smile

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Person99

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:

The core also provides temporal interpolation

For the love of god, make sure this can be turned off!!!! I've seen the 120 Hz flat panels with temporal interpolation and call me a Luddite, but I want my film material left at 24 fps--just do frame rate conversion, don't interpolate frames!!!!

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station....
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Person99 wrote:
TvOneEngineer wrote:

For the love of god, make sure this can be turned off!!!! I've seen the 120 Hz flat panels with temporal interpolation and call me a Luddite, but I want my film material left at 24 fps--just do frame rate conversion, don't interpolate frames!!!!

Good point Dave I'll Have to ask about this. But this could be for Video frames .

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave you can toggle on and off just like all features in all of TV-Ones scalers, paraphrasing the TvOneEngineer.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo hoooo!!!!! My C2-2250A's just got Delivered!!!!!! But I still have work on one PJ to do(HD144 lens swap). woo hooo!!!!!

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Person99 wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

I agree.

Besides Temopral interpolation might lead to temporal anomalies, then rifts in the space/time continuum.... next thing you know you've got William Shatner in your kitchen looking for some Tholian eggs...... Try getting him out of your house Wink

View user's photo album (3 photos)
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Wooo hoooo!!!!! My C2-2250A's just got Delivered!!!!!! But I still have work on one PJ to do(HD144 lens swap). woo hooo!!!!!

Athanasios

So how do these things get hooked up to produce your blend?

Sorry if i'm a bit behind the curve Embarassed

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:
Person99 wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

I agree.

Besides Temopral interpolation might lead to temporal anomalies, then rifts in the space/time continuum.... next thing you know you've got William Shatner in your kitchen looking for some Tholian eggs...... Try getting him out of your house Wink

But he might be able to get me great price on Airline tickets to Greece for me in october !

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
Person99 wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

I agree.

But he might be able to get me great price on Airline tickets to Greece for me in october !

Athanasios

Gotta love the Shat!!!!

shatner.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.78 KB
 Viewed:  23739 Time(s)

shatner.jpg

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emdawgz1 wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Athanasios

I have two C2-2250's so you need a splitter to get the source to both blend units, I geffen geffen dvi spitter and Moomes HD-MUX which has a dvi and an HDMI(both outputs mirror each other)incase i want to go RGBHV to my Marquees instead of the Moome card. I am going to experiment once its all set up. For now i onlty have one PJ ready the other needs some mods done to it.
I just hooked it up to one PJ just to mess around with it to get the feel of the menu.

Chain is:: LG BH100>1080p24>Lumagen HDQ>1080p24>Moome HD-MUX>TV-One C2-2250>1080p60>Moome VIM-HD.

So far it looks nice and sharp i took the lumie out to see if it looks any better and it may be a bit sharper due to one less thing in the chain but i need the lumie as a switcher for now since it has sdi and i I love my panny SDI player. IF i can get the control and adjustment value and the gamma factor is not to bad using the moome card I will do away with the Lumagen and get a SDI to DVI/HDMI converter for the Panny to the HD-MUX(4 HDMI inputs).

Lots of work before an actual blend image is up.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Athanasios

I have two C2-2250's so you need a splitter to get the source to both blend units, I geffen geffen dvi spitter and Moomes HD-MUX which has a dvi and an HDMI(both outputs mirror each other)incase i want to go RGBHV to my Marquees instead of the Moome card. I am going to experiment once its all set up. For now i onlty have one PJ ready the other needs some mods done to it.
I just hooked it up to one PJ just to mess around with it to get the feel of the menu.

Chain is:: LG BH100>1080p24>Lumagen HDQ>1080p24>Moome HD-MUX>TV-One C2-2250>1080p60>Moome VIM-HD.

So far it looks nice and sharp i took the lumie out to see if it looks any better and it may be a bit sharper due to one less thing in the chain but i need the lumie as a switcher for now since it has sdi and i I love my panny SDI player. IF i can get the control and adjustment value and the gamma factor is not to bad using the moome card I will do away with the Lumagen and get a SDI to DVI/HDMI converter for the Panny to the HD-MUX(4 HDMI inputs).

Lots of work before an actual blend image is up.

Athanasios

Ok, sorry if i'm asking dumb questions....

Why is the lumagen in the chain? What does it do that the tv-one doesnt??? I re-read the post above...is it just for switching???

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for now yes, Also it has gret controls for image adjustments, size, timings,position, and most important the gamma at 11 points of adjustment.
Were trying to have TV-One implement that into their units. they have Gamma for the blend zone as it is neede there or else you couldnt blend, but we are asking ofr a final global gamma once the blend Zone's gamma is set. Also when you have to split the signal to two Units there would be alot more equipment in the rack for each source units splitter, plus all the money for another set of cables!!!

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for the blend the chain will be...

LG BH100>1080p24>Lumagen HDQ>1080p24>Moome HD-MUX>TV-One C2-2250>1080p60>Moome VIM-HD.
>TV-One C2-2250>1080p60>Moome VIM-HD

With a splitter between the HD-mux and the pair of tv one units???

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite, After the Moome HD MUX it goes to two C2-2250A's the MUX has two outputs. Then from the TV-One's it goes to each Moome Internal card in the PJ's.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="emdawgz1

Gotta love the Shat!!!![/quote]

I do love a good Shat. Laughing Especially after a big helping of Quadratriticaly. It all goes smooth. No tribble at all.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: