Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

XP to PS3 using MP11

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: XP to PS3 using MP11 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Morning All. I installed M$ Windows XP Professional onto my wife's new PC, did all of the updates, and then installed Media Player 11. I followed some online instructions for monitoring some custom folders on this PC and then successfully played some stills and video through MP11 to the PS3.

I'm about to leave to run some errands, but I was wondering if anyone managed to map network drives and have these monitored, and even map network optical drives? I am thinking of mapping some network virtual drives (a la Daemon Tools) and load a DVD ISO image, see if this can be monitored and accessed through the PS3. Anyone done this?

Ok, time to hit the honey do list.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck on the mapped network drive that was a virtual DVD-ROM loaded with an ISO. While MP11 was able to 'monitor' this location, the PS3 was clueless as to its existence.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also tried Tversity and it requires Internet access to even run.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried SimpleCenter. It allows you to access network media and pipe it through to the PS3/360, but the reported evaluation copy of Premium is handcuffed, meaning that it will not allow AVI testing (MPEG & WMV only). So, no real evaluation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: