Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

We're moving again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: We're moving again! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
The bad news: We're moving again.
The good news: It's with the same great hosting provider and Curt will save a few bucks. Wink

Got this email this morning:

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer:

We are in the process of upgrading our equipment and moving to a new data center.
The current server/plan that you are on will no longer be offered in the coming months.
After reviewing your account, we have concluded that a semi-dedicated server would be a great option for you.
You would be on a higher performing machine and your monthly cost would drop down to $59.95/month.
You can read more about our semi-dedicated servers here:

http://atcihosting.com/semi-dedicated.php

Please let us know if we can go ahead and schedule your account move to one of our semi-dedicated servers.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this matter or if you feel that a semi-dedicated server is not an option for you, please contact us so that we can work on an alternative solution.

ATCI Hosting
Email: support@atcihosting.com
Phone: 866.493.2999
http://www.atcihosting.com

So I've talked it over with them and everything is clear and ready to go and we're actually doing it at 10PM ET tonight. The main site will be unaffected but given that the forum is interactive, I'll have to lock the forum so that we don't lose any posts in the move.

Should only be about an hour or so which is the time for most ISPs to pick up the change (for the techies: our DNS TTL is set to 60 minutes). You'll know you're on the new site when you no longer see the message at the top of the forum indicating that we're moving or that the forum is currently locked to new posts.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've now moved. No downtime for the main site and the forum was in read-only mode for 90 minutes. Sorry guys!

If anyone finds any issues please let me know.

Kal

testuser

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Kal, you rock! Wink
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, really Kal - Good old testuser is right - you do rock.

Laughing

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like that 'testuser' guy. He knows of what he speaks. Wish he'd stop stealing my avatars however. Wink

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, even though this was pretty much a "forced" move by my hosting company to a different plan/server, I've said it before but these guys are fantasic. I was in chat with the prez of the company (Chris C.) the whole time and he did the move himself. It's so refreshing to work with someone so 'on the ball' who understands everything about the technologies involved and how to fix things immediately. No annoying 1-800 trouble tickets that get funneled to India or somewhere else where they have no idea of what's going on.

Seems the webhosting business is getting to be harder these days - they don't have any more of the low priced virtual plans but only semi-dedicated (60$ and up) and dedicated ($170 and up) plans.

They're not as cheap as some of the other places but in the web host business I've learnt that you truly get what you pay for. Worth every penny IMHO. That being said, they're not expensive either for what they actually provide. In fact, $60 month for a managed semi-dedicated server with 250Gb transfer and 10GB storage is pretty damned cheap in my books. You may say $10 somewhere else buy you'll get crap for service.

The company: [url=http://www.atcihosting.com/?ref_id=707
]ATCIhosting[/url]

Kal

Last edited by kal on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a bargain, it only took me one click to find a 800 number and an address. That is unheard of in the web hosting business.

Mike

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. You can just call them. Actually, I always use the "live chat" feature and it works great. You're directly in line with the tech who will help you, not some customer service rep who knows nothing about web hosting.

Hey, anyone wants to sign up and support this site by giving us the finders fee, go through this link:

http://www.atcihosting.com/?ref_id=707

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: