Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

RGBHV from dual DVI/VGA output video card (XFX 9600GT)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim H

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: RGBHV from dual DVI/VGA output video card (XFX 9600GT) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have looked and struggled to find a definitive answer for this one. So my apologies if it is elementary (checked card manufacturer, manual on proj, google - all over the place...!).

Can anyone confirm that the dual DVI/VGA ports on my Nvidia 9600GT will output a signal that when sent through a 5 BNC splitter cable will be recognised by my RGBHV Sony 1271QM. Proj has s-video, basic single component and rgbhv...

I previously had an OPPO with DVI converter box and 5BNC cable worked great but decided to sell the lot cos we hadn't used the proj in about 8 months and not likely in the future. But as things turn out I'm looking to set it up again with a smaller screen size (80"). I haven't even looked into whether this means I need blardy spacers for the proj yet!? Oh dear.

I know that I could get an hd fury and a new player *or* one of the fancy hdcp boards for my proj but I remember when similar cards cost $265 through this site (still have the spam in my inbox from a year ago). So not really interested in paying $400US for the same technology with a gamma adjust built in... specially if the comp can do most of the work (upscaling and gamma etc). Maybe they weren;t as good as now but the email I have here states they do all the same for nearly half the price...

Looking for the cheapest, eloquent solution. If it can be done from this PC on the cheap great. Otherwise I'll look at an HD fury which I assume uses leeched and revokable technology - at least it won't mess up normal DVD playback if that happens...

Any input on the RGBHV input greatly appreciated.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: RGBHV from dual DVI/VGA output video card (XFX 9600GT) Reply with quote

Tim H wrote:
I have looked and struggled to find a definitive answer for this one. So my apologies if it is elementary (checked card manufacturer, manual on proj, google - all over the place...!).

[b]Can anyone confirm that the dual DVI/VGA ports on my Nvidia 9600GT will output a signal that when sent through a 5 BNC splitter cable will be recognised by my RGBHV Sony 1271QM. Proj has s-video, basic single component and rgbhv...[/b]

Any input on the RGBHV input greatly appreciated.

YES

and that's not componet. It's composite. See here

Didn't your video card come with one of these:

DVI_to_VGA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.42 KB
 Viewed:  6704 Time(s)

DVI_to_VGA.jpg

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 9600 came with that adapter, and it worked fine with a rgbhv breakout cable to my 1272. I had issues with getting the nvidia software in the pc to recognize the pj though.
Tim H

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a few extras it was an oem (I assume) and seems to have come lite from the guy that put the pc together (online purchase). No manuals or anything much cept a serial/registration card.

Not too sure if it actually came with one but I certainly have spares from my old rig which had 2x crts hooked up to DVI. Just couldn't tell from reading online if because it output to a VGA with adaptor (A) + DVI (D) that it was RGBHV compatible but it seems RGB and rGBHV are the same signal just the syncs are seperated physically.

Which is probably elementary stuff but try finding that out on the net...~!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. That's why you want to read the link I sent you to above. It's the CRT primer and will answer most of your questions.

Let us know if you get it working.

CRT.

HD done right!
Tim H

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do - I did look at that page before I posted this - it hints at the relationship between RGB and RGBHV (and RGBHV's many cousins) but the relationship to VGA and its portability (?) to the CRT wasn't clear to me.

Got the RGBHV splitter coming tomorrow. now I just have to find a way to mount the proj 108 cm horizontally from the beam it was previously mounted on. I have a design but I'm sure the engineers will make screwy faces whent hey see it!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For projector mounting do a search for Unistrut on here or in google. Many people have mounted projector's this way. Safe and secure when done properly. Inexpensive too.

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: