Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

I think the gamma pot on my RTC2200 is broken

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Widescreen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: I think the gamma pot on my RTC2200 is broken Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I can turn the BLKLVL pot any number of times either direction and nothing seems to change on the screen. My understanding is that it should only turn a maximum of 25 times.

Kim, how much do you charge to fix this? Thanks.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually 25 turn pots don't have a stop on them they just keep turning past the end. Try turning it back the other direction 25 turns. Make sure you have a static image (gray ramp test pattern would be best) on the screen, so you can see the changes. I'm not saying the pot isn't bad, but it would be somewhat unlikely.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the pot is actually broken I don't charge anything otherwise I probably won't charge anything either.

Mike is correct, the potmeter has no end but you can hear and feel a very subtle click when you have reached the end of the control range. Also after turning full counter clockwise it takes about 10 turns clockwise before the gamma becomes active.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same thing I ran into, I think.

Kim, are you saying I should turn the pot all the way counterclockswise until it stops? Or should I turn it counterclockwise until it starts clicking and tehn adjust (aprox 11 clicks counterclockwise) using a grey ramp test patern, to the desired level?

On another note, even though I do not have the black leel set correctly, I cannot tell you what an improvement the RTC2200 has contributed to my set-up. Thank you Kim!

Peace,
Joel

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel,

To reset the gamma just turn the potmeter 25 or more turns counter clockwise until you hear and/or feel the click and than turn at least 10 turn clockwise. From there the gamma will kick in, a grey ramp will indeed give you the best indication that something is happening.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, maybe I'm not having the problem I thought I was. There was a couple of times when I was turning that I could feel a very small click. I'll give it another try tonight. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: