Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

crt and mirror for vertical mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
97ss150

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: crt and mirror for vertical mount Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
tell me what yall think. i will be projecting about 20 ft. my attic is almost impossible to get to that area.
projecting about 19-20 ft what size screen would i need to build? for some reason i cant even think math today

henry
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: crt and mirror for vertical mount Reply with quote

97ss150 wrote:
tell me what yall think. i will be projecting about 20 ft. my attic is almost impossible to get to that area.
projecting about 19-20 ft what size screen would i need to build? for some reason i cant even think math today

henry

What projector? It seems like 19-20 feet is a very long distance and would produce not too bright of an image. Sorry not following the mirror part.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya 20' is way far. so i might be moving the couch forward and mounting it behind it in vertical fashion.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97ss150 wrote:
ya 20' is way far. so i might be moving the couch forward and mounting it behind it in vertical fashion.

I see, humm that's different. Could you put it in front of the couch. What is the projector?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt go in front. its a nc 9pg+
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97ss150 wrote:
couldnt go in front. its a nc 9pg+

How big of an image are you trying to produce? For a 9pg I would not go over 92" wide at the very very MAX probably more like 80" wide for a nice bright picture I use a 92" for my XG and it is actually too big. The mirror setup makes the installation very complex, I don't know how stable it would be, plus the cooling air flow is really messed up with that type of mounting.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe mines a freak or something because its on a 106" diag screen and looks really good and picture and brightness wise.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people use a coffee table type of thing and install the projector below, IMO a ceiling mount is idea but I understand that is not an option for a lot of people. How far is your couch from where the screen will be?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97ss150 wrote:
maybe mines a freak or something because its on a 106" diag screen and looks really good and picture and brightness wise.

Oh 106" diag, I was talking wide, is that 4:3 or 16:9? Most of the time we talk about picture width not diagonal because of different aspect ratios.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its 16:9 so i think its like 92" wide. i just moved it back several ft and now itsabout 10' wide. and it doesnt look lik eit lowered the quality at all. even my wife said the same thing. and btw i i have OCD so if there was much diff i would deff notice Wink
grogthegreat

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a 9PG+ that I am going to try to mount vertically in order to reduce the throw distance that I need.
I've been trying to figure out what to make the vertical mount out of (metal or wood) as well as the overall design. It can't cover the top of the projector as the top cover needs to be able to swing open in order to set up the projector.

If you build this, can you please PM me your design?
Are you going to mount it so that the pj itself is vertical or so that the tubes are vertical? If you mount it so that the tubes are vertical then you might get a bubble in the middle of your picture. Let me know if you come up with anything!
-
grog

100" 3:4 draper screen.

I must keep upgrading till the voices stop!!

"I CAN HAZ CRT PRUJEKTER."
-Curt Palme
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some pix of someone who mounted his pj vertically behind the couch:
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=4418390#post4418390
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: