Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

How to connect my LG GGW-H20L to my motherboard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panayotis Melas

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: How to connect my LG GGW-H20L to my motherboard? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Reading the thread about this unit's RMA, I saw some comments and suggestions for the correct connection of the drive to the motherboard.

I am about to finish the assembling and set-up of my new HTPC, which briefly consists of the following:
- Thermaltake Xaser VG4000BWS Full Tower Case
- Etasis ET750 Gaming 750W PSU
- Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS5 Mobo
- Intel E8400 -> 3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo (Penryn) CPU w/AKASA cooler
- 2 x WD Raptor HDDs (RAID 1 configured - System Disc)
- 5 x Seagate Barracuda 500GB-32MB Buffer SATA-2 HDDs (Storage)
- Sapphire ATI HD3870-512MB Graphics Card
- Auzentech Meridian 7.1 Sound Card with X-Tension Board
- NEC LiteScribe DVD-R/RW/RAM drive
- LG GGW-H20L BD-R/DVD-R/HD-DVD-ROM drive
- Terratec Cinergy 600 (PCI) and Cinergy 2400i (PCI-E) TV cards
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Full Version) OS

In addition to the above, I have also installed a PCI-E SATA-2 controller card, which provides me with two additional SATA-2 ports.

I have connected my LG Combo Drive to one of these ports and it seems to work. Certainly, I have not yet tested with a BD movie disc, since the PC is still under construction.

Please, note, that the only software (related to this drive) that I have currently installed in the PC is the one that came with the drive.

What do you think about that? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How to connect my LG GGW-H20L to my motherboard? Reply with quote

Panayotis Melas wrote:
Reading the thread about this unit's RMA, I saw some comments and suggestions for the correct connection of the drive to the motherboard.

I have connected my LG Combo Drive to one of these ports and it seems to work. Certainly, I have not yet tested with a BD movie disc, since the PC is still under construction.

Please, note, that the only software (related to this drive) that I have currently installed in the PC is the one that came with the drive.

What do you think about that? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a simular system to yours but a Q6600 processor, same Intel chipset except its a ASUS Maxums & Asus/ATI 3850 Video card. I am running Vista Ultimate. I have my LG combo drive connected to the on board SATA connection so far so good, (knock on wood) I put it in service right around Christmas. I have had 10 or so HTPC over the years and this one is by far the most stable.

The only thing bad about the OEM version of PDVD is the updates come 2-4 weeks after the retail version.

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: