Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

First up: HVAC for $9100

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: First up: HVAC for $9100 Reply with quote

Ok, I have been putting off replacing the undersized 2nd floor unit for a year. Wife and I struggled last few years with a CRT being used in the Summer on this 2nd floor. Last year was brutal because of the failing AC system. So, this year it is getting replaced, and additional supply and return being added, centralized electronic media filter installed with all new duct, new freon lines run, and the AC and furnace being replaced. $5500.

I figured since I am having this done then I would take the turnkey solution for the basement. Since I last installed the Miraflex insulation the temps have been rather moderate. They will be installing a centralized heat pump for the basement, adding all ducts, and moving all three zones' outdoor compressors from one side of the house to the other. $3600.

This weekend I've got someone coming buy to assess the framing job I am offering. I cannot imagine a well motivated individual using my tools (table/miter saw, framing nailer & compressor, etc.) can't frame the basement in 1-2 days. I am not sure what this individual is charging, but I told him it was a straight time & materials based on a wage. I just need to figure out what wage to pay him. $25/hour, $35/hour? I figure two 8-hour shifts at $35 would be $560 and materials cannot be more than $500 for 2x4 wood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: