Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Drive stack with RTC2200?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haggardguy

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Drive stack with RTC2200? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My RTC2200 is on order, and since for some reason I have two nearly identical projectors, the idea playing with a stack comes to mind. Just for kicks. Will the transcoder with its cable driver drive both projectors on short cables (6')?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be able to, I have never actually tried it but I do all my tests at a 50 Ohm load instead of a 75 Ohm load and that seems to work fine.

Your amplitude will go down since it now has to drive 37.5 Ohm instead of 75 Ohm but you should be able to compensate that with the contrast setting.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Drive stack with RTC2200? Reply with quote

haggardguy wrote:
for some reason I have two nearly identical projectors,
what projectors? If Marquee they made a very nifty RGB pass-through card specifically for this purpose. It loops the signal through to second machine.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
haggardguy

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are PG9+'s and are already setup to the same screen but on different sources. I am aware of of some of the drawbacks of stacking but it's more of an experiment than anything. If I understand Kim correctly the HDFury/RTC2200 combo can feed both projectors with a simple splitter. Any advice is appreciated as I am a novice only having a CRT since January.
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggardguy wrote:
They are PG9+'s and are already setup to the same screen but on different sources. I am aware of of some of the drawbacks of stacking but it's more of an experiment than anything. If I understand Kim correctly the HDFury/RTC2200 combo can feed both projectors with a simple splitter. Any advice is appreciated as I am a novice only having a CRT since January.
I have seen pics of PG's side-stacked so I'm pretty sure you can do it. I tried with a pair of Marquee's and there wasn't enough range in the Geometry as they were designed by factroy to stack over/under. Side stacking really pushed the Geometry but If I could do it I would.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
haggardguy

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks draganm but I'm thinking over-under. One on the floor, the other above it on a table. I expect I'll have to fully setup the lower projector first as I won't be able to open the cover later. I realize this is going off topic so I won't pursue it here anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: