Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Experimental Moome VIM card, or..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Experimental Moome VIM card, or..? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just a EDID chip programming error?

I got a VIM card for my 9500LC Ultra, and when my HTPC hooks up to it, the EDID info tells me that it is a NEC card that's in my Marquee. Furthermore, I tried to run 1080p 72 Hz through it, just for fun, and the pj accepted the signal without any problems. Shocked

So my question is, could this card somehow use the same chipset as the new NEC HDMI 1.3, or it's just a coincidence that it accepts a pixelclock of 179 MHz, what do you think?

Another thing, should an unmodded 9500LC Ultra be abel to show 1080p 72 Hz?
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been doing that since moome has been making the card even the old DVI cards.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Gino

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Experimental Moome VIM card, or..? Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
Just a EDID chip programming error?

I got a VIM card for my 9500LC Ultra, and when my HTPC hooks up to it, the EDID info tells me that it is a NEC card that's in my Marquee. Furthermore, I tried to run 1080p 72 Hz through it, just for fun, and the pj accepted the signal without any problems. Shocked

So my question is, could this card somehow use the same chipset as the new NEC HDMI 1.3, or it's just a coincidence that it accepts a pixelclock of 179 MHz, what do you think?

Another thing, should an unmodded 9500LC Ultra be abel to show 1080p 72 Hz?

Can you confirm that the marquee is actually being fed 1080p72? Press the * key to see the horizontal and vertical scan rates being input.

Yes, an umodded 9500LC can show 1080p72, but showing and resolving it completely are 2 different things.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Experimental Moome VIM card, or..? Reply with quote

Gino wrote:
Can you confirm that the marquee is actually being fed 1080p72? Press the * key to see the horizontal and vertical scan rates being input.

Yes, an umodded 9500LC can show 1080p72, but showing and resolving it completely are 2 different things.

I did look it up on the PJ, and it was 72 Hz and 81 kHz, as I recall it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: