Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Current lead time on RTC2200
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Kim your the man ! Thumbs Up
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beun wrote:
An update on the leadtime for the next batch of RTC2200. As usual I am out of cases and I just got word from my supplier that they will arrive in the second week of May. I will also use the time to redesign the RTC2200 in order to implement a left shift feature.

Kim

Left shift or right shift? You mean to correct for the HDFury right?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, correct for the Fury. I think I mixed up my hands. The Fury has a left shift so I need a right shift. Since I cannot make a right shift I make a left shift over a full line, right?

Hello is anybody still there?

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's on first?

What do you mean by a full line and why can't you make a right shift? ( confused )

CRT.

HD done right!
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only create a positive delay to the H-sync meaning that it can only shift more into the picture which created a left shift of the picture. To make a right shift the H-sync is just shifted by (almost) a whole line so it ends up just before the old sync was thereby creating a (virtual) right shift.

It is like driving a car, 3 times a right turn is a left turn.

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh ok, gotcha. Say do you have an osilliscop pattern you can post for that?

I take it there will still be some horizontal picture adjustment too?

CRT.

HD done right!
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No scope picture yet, it is all in simulation so far. I t is actually all horizontal shift, there is no verticcal shift involved.

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Checking in on leadtime Reply with quote

I like to buy the rc2200 today but am concerned about waiting 5-6 weeks.

Is that lead time still current? If so, perhaps is there anyone willing to part with one they currently have?

Thanks,

Wolfman
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman,

I expect the new shipment of cases to arrive on May 18th, the first units will ship soon thereafter.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Checking in on leadtime Reply with quote

Wolfman wrote:
I like to buy the rc2200 today but am concerned about waiting 5-6 weeks.

Is that lead time still current? If so, perhaps is there anyone willing to part with one they currently have?

Thanks,

Wolfman

Trust me, it's worth the wait! Thumbs Up I have owned one for a while now and I could never go back to a lesser transcoder and no gamma adjustment. I'm not sure what your motivation for buying the RTC2200 is but mine was simply to get what I had heard to be the best transcoder available. What I got was that and more. If you are using a CRT projector then you really need the RTC2200. I'm in the process of setting up my projector again and redoing everything. I have the gamma turned off right now and this has allowed me to once again appreciate what I have almost taken for granted over the past six months or so. The difference after adding a gamma "boost" with this box is just crazy good! Shadow details are restored while overall image punch is greater, even after LOWERING the brightness and contrast settings in my display! I hate to wait just like anyone else but it's well worth it in this case. You won't be disappointed.
Wolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought one Very Happy 2-3 weeks sound better.

I use a Barco 808s with a RCVDS 800 switcher. I was tempted to buy a NEC ISS6020? switcher and the same component transcoder (Iss2200? as an input card), but a friend had a mint RCVDS 05 with lots of input cards for next to nothing.

I am going that route right now with the Barco, using the RTC2200 going into an RGB input. Can't wait as I have 5 sources coming through that component input. At the other end is our house system with a 1080p 8*8 matrix switcher (Russound VM1).

I am also getting an HDfury.

Not sure if I should place the HDfury on a separate switcher input or plug it into the RTC2200. It may be more cumbersome with signal selection doing the latter since there'll be a HDMI switcher behind the fury, but that one is automatically turned off when no HDMI source is used...

Any thoughts? I like the idea of gamma boost.

Wolfman
dropzone7

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman wrote:

I am also getting an HDfury.

Not sure if I should place the HDfury on a separate switcher input or plug it into the RTC2200. It may be more cumbersome with signal selection doing the latter since there'll be a HDMI switcher behind the fury, but that one is automatically turned off when no HDMI source is used...

Any thoughts? I like the idea of gamma boost.

Wolfman

I am using the HD Fury RTC2200 combo with great results. I have the Fury plugged directly into the RTC2200. The difference for me I suppose is that I have an HDMI switcher BEFORE the Fury. I have one of those HDMI switching receivers which apparently did not have enough voltage to power the Fury without a power adapter. I solved this problem by getting a Monoprice 4-1 switcher which had it's own power supply. My signal chain is like this.

HDMI sources>Onkyo 705>HDMI cable from HDMI OUT>Monoprice switcher HDMI IN 1>HDMI cable from HDMI OUT>HD Fury>RTC2200>VGA to 5-BNC cable>NEC XG852 projector.
Wolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dropzone7 wrote:

I am using the HD Fury RTC2200 combo with great results. I have the Fury plugged directly into the RTC2200. The difference for me I suppose is that I have an HDMI switcher BEFORE the Fury. I have one of those HDMI switching receivers which apparently did not have enough voltage to power the Fury without a power adapter. I solved this problem by getting a Monoprice 4-1 switcher which had it's own power supply. My signal chain is like this.

HDMI sources>Onkyo 705>HDMI cable from HDMI OUT>Monoprice switcher HDMI IN 1>HDMI cable from HDMI OUT>HD Fury>RTC2200>VGA to 5-BNC cable>NEC XG852 projector.

I guess when I said "behind" I meant "before". I was thinking the other direction Confused . My setup is not too far off from yours. Doing the direct-connect to the RTC2200, it would be:

HDMI sources (PS3, Directv)>Gefen HDMI switcher>HDMI-DVI cable>HDFury>RTC2200>VGA-5BNC cable>Barco RCVDS 05 RGB in>5BNC Cable>Barco808s pj.

The cable to the pj is 25ft high quality coax (at the time insanely expensive Extron RGBVH inter-connect) which I plan to keep as is. I use a Sunfire Theater Grand Pre/Amp setup which is completely left out of the video chain.

Wolfman
dropzone7

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman wrote:

HDMI sources (PS3, Directv)>Gefen HDMI switcher>HDMI-DVI cable>HDFury>RTC2200>VGA-5BNC cable>Barco RCVDS 05 RGB in>5BNC Cable>Barco808s pj.

The cable to the pj is 25ft high quality coax (at the time insanely expensive Extron RGBVH inter-connect) which I plan to keep as is. I use a Sunfire Theater Grand Pre/Amp setup which is completely left out of the video chain.

Wolfman

Sound like you have some nice equipment there. I think you will find that the RTC2200 is a great "bang for the buck" compared to the price we pay for other AV items. I hate to sound like a Crescendo "fan boy" but it was literally like getting Lasik surgery and taking off your sunglasses in a dark room. Night and day really. Your breakout cable sound like the one I'm using, same length and about as big around as a garden hose! If it's working well for you then definitely hold on to it.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on the delivery status of the RTC2200. The cases have arrived and the first orders are shipping out tomorrow, the rest should follow over the course of the week.

Kim

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: